United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:23 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

What time is a half 12 kick off over there?

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:30 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
What time is a half 12 kick off over there?
11.30pm ATM. That's the easy bit. Last night the game was over just before 2am plus it's hard to just switch off and hit the sack after watching a game. Usually I'm steaming at full time so usually just nod off I'm off the booze ATM so last night was torture

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
top red. Grubes still gets up for every game as well.

I'd have happily changed nappies instead of that torture

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:39 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
I'd have happily changed nappies instead of that torture
and walk around with a screaming child in your arms for a couple of hours

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:41 AM
Stickman

Quote:
I used to stay up for every game when I first moved here for about 3 seasons but since my son was born I just pick and choose games to stay up for as can't handle it. Last night was a £#%&!ing bad choice in hindsight
I was every game my first couple years. I pick and choose now though, the 4pm Sunday game being on 3am Monday morning here during our Summer is a disaster

Gone to work many a time fuming from watching us in the mornings. On the flip side when you win a big one your floating all day, not been much of that the last three years though

I read this thread a good half hour after and didn't manage to crash until 3, was £#%&!ing fuming.

Perth are bastards, 3 hours behind the east coast so much better timings for ex pats.

Unread 05-03-2017, 11:47 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Watched us v west ham, when blackburn won the league that year, at 9 o'clock in the morning. talk about a bad day

Unread 05-03-2017, 12:10 PM
Denis Irwell

Have my own biz, so put in the extra on a Satterdeh and have a lie in on a Mundeh

True, you're floating through the day after beating the rats or berts but .....

Miss the aways.

Unread 05-03-2017, 12:15 PM
Part 36 Offer

Still feel we need another pacy forward player to help break teams down. That Dembele from Dortmund would have been ideal ffs

Unread 05-03-2017, 12:28 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Someone who knows where that square thing with the net behind is would be handy. it's not for lack of chances.

Unread 05-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Still feel we need another pacy forward player to help break teams down. That Dembele from Dortmund would have been ideal ffs
Dybala is the one imo.

The fact he has an absolute wand of a left foot is helpful too.

Unread 05-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Really feel for the Aussie lot.....

Might stay up in solidarity with them....

Unread 05-03-2017, 03:05 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Really feel for the Aussie lot.....

Might stay up in solidarity with them....
£#%&! them. Sunshine and Sheila's on tap all year round.

I hope they get a massive spider in their slippers

Unread 05-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
£#%&! them. Sunshine and Sheila's on tap all year round.

I hope they get a massive spider in their slippers
Nah, just get em in our swimming pools

Unread 05-03-2017, 04:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Same here.

He's working with what he has for now.

People are slating him for team selections, but he's picking from a group of players where a lot of the rotation/back up just aren't good enough. I expect this to be fully rectified in the summer and following windows. If we're still having the same conversation 18 months down the line then we have a problem.

Fellaini, Rojo, Blind, Jones, Smalling, Darmian, Young, Lingard, Romero and Rooney have all played plenty this season, but I expect them all to be sold or marginalised in the summer with significant improvements coming in.

I do firmly believe we're improving. It's just not always easy to see in moments like yesterday and it's easy to forget he's been here less than a year.
from your list i think blind will go if he gets the chance cus he must be bored stiff of the type of football he's asked to play from the back, i think jose will let young and rooney go if they want to, and i think he'll be happy to keep most of the others - lingard and romero have done very little wrong this season.

Unread 05-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
from your list i think blind will go if he gets the chance cus he must be bored stiff of the type of football he's asked to play from the back, i think jose will let young and rooney go if they want to, and i think he'll be happy to keep most of the others - lingard and romero have done very little wrong this season.

I think he'll keep most too, but I wouldn't expect any of them to feature as much as this season.

Wider point is that there's only been on window, he's signed well in that one, and the majority of players he's picking from aren't his, aren't good enough.

Unread 05-03-2017, 04:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I think he'll keep most too, but I wouldn't expect any of them to feature as much as this season.

Wider point is that there's only been on window, he's signed well in that one, and the majority of players he's picking from aren't his, aren't good enough.
i want us to be a football team.

if we took more of our chances we'd soon get a much better idea of how this lot can do when they're properly confident. except that recently we've made less chances, been more clinical with the ones we've had, and have usually looked poorer with the ball, played scrappier football, gone more direct and been more negative.

so is it the players? or is it the strategy that makes too many of them look ponderous and lacking confidence? and how will just bringing people in change that? griezman instead of zlatan might give the younguns a chance to shine a bit. maybe even wake pogba up as well.

Unread 05-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i want us to be a football team.

if we took more of our chances we'd soon get a much better idea of how this lot can do when they're properly confident. except that recently we've made less chances, been more clinical with the ones we've had, and have usually looked poorer with the ball, played scrappier football, gone more direct and been more negative.

so is it the players? or is it the strategy that makes too many of them look ponderous and lacking confidence? and how will just bringing people in change that? griezman instead of zlatan might give the younguns a chance to shine a bit. maybe even wake pogba up as well.

All good points. Confidence is a weird one. Bit of a catch 22. Confidence comes from talking chances, but missing them is a lack of confidence too. It's not just the chances. We panic at key moments in play, at phases in matches.

A lot of our players are fundamentally stupid too: Rojo, Jones, Fellaini, Martial, Lingard, Pogba and Rashford* make some terrible choices.

Marcus Rojo seems to be constantly resisting tje urge to launch the ball or shoot whenever he crosses the halfway line.

*more to do with a lack of experience, to be fair.

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:08 PM
Sparky***

Incredibly that was only United's 2nd penalty of the season in the league yesterday after Southampton at home way back in August.

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:22 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Incredibly that was only United's 2nd penalty of the season in the league yesterday after Southampton at home way back in August.

Hull

Unread 05-03-2017, 07:23 PM
dunk

Quote:

There's been 2.