United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default So, fergie's thinking of sending Ben Foster to Coventry.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20346430/

Sir Alex ponders Ben loan
10/03/2008

City manager Chris Coleman wants the fit-again goalkeeper on loan until the end of the season and Fergie will make a decision today, once he assesses the fall-out of the FA Cup defeat by Portsmouth.

Coleman had a deal set up for Foster before Saturday's Old Trafford shocker when Edwin van der Sar was injured and Tomasz Kuszczak sent off.

Foster is still likely to go on loan in preparation for next season, when he is expected to push for the No.1 spot. But Ferguson will want to be sure about van der Sar's availability for the trip to Derby on Saturday when Kuszczak is suspended.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:23 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...9520-20346430/

Sir Alex ponders Ben loan
10/03/2008

City manager Chris Coleman wants the fit-again goalkeeper on loan until the end of the season and Fergie will make a decision today, once he assesses the fall-out of the FA Cup defeat by Portsmouth.

Coleman had a deal set up for Foster before Saturday's Old Trafford shocker when Edwin van der Sar was injured and Tomasz Kuszczak sent off.

Foster is still likely to go on loan in preparation for next season, when he is expected to push for the No.1 spot. But Ferguson will want to be sure about van der Sar's availability for the trip to Derby on Saturday when Kuszczak is suspended.

i wish he would send you to coventry.

poor, i know.

nft.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Bit of a worry that we might not send him because he might have to play Satdee.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:24 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Bit of a worry that we might not send him because he might have to play Satdee.
it's the one positive that came out of saturday's game imo. nft.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Whalefish

We should be able to play O'Shea between the posts on Saturday tbh.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
it's the one positive that came out of saturday's game imo. nft.
What is?

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:42 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
What is?
Van Der Sar getting a little knock. means that Foster will now probably stay. i think it's stupid sending him out on loan. you need 3 decent keepers as saturday is now showing. nft.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:43 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Van Der Sar getting a little knock. means that Foster will now probably stay. i think it's stupid sending him out on loan. you need 3 decent keepers as saturday is now showing. nft.
you can only include 2 though

nft

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:44 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone

nft
no shit! nft.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone

nft
I'd have thought Foster would get more benefit from a coupla months playing for Coventry than sitting on the bench for a game, then playing in our reserves for 2 months.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:47 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
I'd have thought Foster would get more benefit from a coupla months playing for Coventry than sitting on the bench for a game, then playing in our reserves for 2 months.
so who do you suggests plays in goal next weekend? nft.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
so who do you suggests plays in goal next weekend? nft.
I'd imagine VDS with Heaton backing him up, I take it Heaton is fit? It's why I don't really get your point about being glad VDS got a knock, why would you want to rush Foster back at United too soon, rather than let him regain fitness yet give the risk to another club? Last thing I'd want is to rush him back too soon and mess up his long term recovery.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:53 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
I'd imagine VDS with Heaton backing him up, I take it Heaton is fit? It's why I don't really get your point about being glad VDS got a knock, why would you want to rush Foster back at United too soon, rather than let him regain fitness yet give the risk to another club? Last thing I'd want is to rush him back too soon and mess up his long term recovery.
fair enough if VDS is back saturday but if he's not, Foster should stay. wouldn't fancy seeing Heaton in nets tbh. nft.

Unread 10-03-2008, 10:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
fair enough if VDS is back saturday but if he's not, Foster should stay. wouldn't fancy seeing Heaton in nets tbh. nft.
Again, that's why I can't see any positives from VDS injury. Foster may have to stay as cover for one match rather than go out on loan and get first team games. I hjust don't see any benefit in that.

Unread 10-03-2008, 11:19 AM
puressence

foster should be number one for the rest of the season

Unread 10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Erm, I'm not sure he's actually match fit or game ready and neither seemingly are Uniteds backroom staff. Better to regain his fitness and get any rustiness ou of his system away from Old Trafford rather than in a tight title race and CL campaign for me.

Unread 10-03-2008, 11:21 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
what do you base that on? VDS should be back soon

Unread 10-03-2008, 11:34 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
This is probably everyone mocks your football knowledge, VDS has been fantastic this season and Ben Foster has just come back from a serious injury and is in need of games and it would be best for him to go out on loan, maybe we could get away with playing him at Derby if Edwin isn't fit.

Unread 10-03-2008, 11:45 AM
puressence

ferdinand is better than that £#%&!ing pole in net ..

Unread 10-03-2008, 11:46 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
ferdinand is better than that £#%&!ing pole in net ..
Stop being silly.
Closed Thread