United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2007, 08:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Coventry - The Official Thread

Toughie this one as I've no idea what sort of team Fergie is going for, hear Saha Hargo and Rooney might be involved? I'd play Carrick and Tevez too personally as I think the both need more football. I'll go with this

Krusty
Simpson
Wes
Pique
Evans
Nani
Carrick
Hargo (if fit, dunno if not)
Anderson
Rooneh
Tevez

with Saha coming on for 5 minutes.

Unread 26-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Dunno why thats funny but

Tommy K

I'll have your back 4 please.

Nani
Anderson
Hargo
Eagles/Martin

Saha
Campbell

Micky Cricky and The Roonburger on the bench

Unread 26-09-2007, 08:43 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Toughie this one as I've no idea what sort of team Fergie is going for, hear Saha Hargo and Rooney might be involved? I'd play Carrick and Tevez too personally as I think the both need more football. I'll go with this

Krusty
Simpson
Wes
Pique
Evans
Nani
Carrick
Hargo (if fit, dunno if not)
Anderson
Rooneh
Tevez

I saw a squad list somewhere (could be bullshit, mind). There was no Carrick or Tevez.
Rooney, Saha, Harg, Anderson and Nani were the highest profile inclusions. The rest was kids.

Unread 26-09-2007, 08:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I saw a squad list somewhere (could be bullshit, mind). There was no Carrick or Tevez.
Rooney, Saha, Harg, Anderson and Nani were the highest profile inclusions. The rest was kids.
I'm not sure a squad's been announced to be honest. I put Tevez and Carrick in 'cos I think they both need games. Barca, bank on Rooney starting, he's basically making Fergies life a misery going on about it.

Unread 26-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Whalefish

The squad lists for the Carling Cup are always a bit suspect. Often a player or two starts that wasn't included in the 'reported' list.

Anyways, hope to see a nice mix of youth/youngsters.

Unread 26-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Barca '91

Quote:
Barca, bank on Rooney starting, he's basically making Fergies life a misery going on about it.
Proper £#%&!ing leg-end

Unread 26-09-2007, 08:58 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I would like to see as little first team players start as possible. Anderson and Nani would be alright, maybe Hargo.

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:01 AM
TheNew

No chance Hargreaves will be risked imo.....they're wrapping him up in cotton wool.

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:06 AM
Bishovetz

Default As Fergie says:

"I'm going to play the younger ones, but also players like Anderson, Nani, maybe O'Shea," he said. "But the younger one like Pique, Evans, Simpson, Bardlsey, Eagles, Martin, Dong, Campbell, Kuszczak – they'll all be involved."

Rooney & Saha up front?

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:14 AM
Barca '91

I think we've all learnt to take what SAF says prior to league cup games with a pinch of salt Bishovetz so yeah probbly Roon and Louis up front

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:28 AM
Rhodzy

------------TK
Simpson--Evans--Pique--Bardsley
Eagles--Hargy--Anderson--Nani
-------Rooney--Campbell

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:28 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barca '91
I think we've all learnt to take what SAF says prior to league cup games with a pinch of salt Bishovetz so yeah probbly Roon and Louis up front
I can't see Saha starting.

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:36 AM
24hr Leavesey

Rooney and Saha are to benched according to Fergie in the metro. Wellbeck may well start tonight too.

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:43 AM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
Rooney and Saha are to benched according to Fergie in the metro. Wellbeck may well start tonight too.
What about Brandy?

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hr Leavesey
I like Wellbeck, rather elegant for a winger. I really would've started Rooney, if there's one thing he needs it's games.

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
What about Brandy?
Bit early for me.

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:45 AM
Whalefish

I thought Wellbeck was a centre forward? Think I read somewhere that he was in the Kanu mould.

Fuzzy Dunlop

Hands up who else is not even going to watch it.

Rhodzy

Quote:
Bit early for me.

Anyone got a link to the game?

Unread 26-09-2007, 09:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I thought Wellbeck was a centre forward? Think I read somewhere that he was in the Kanu mould.
Always seen him play wide at yoof level, long legged, rangey player with a real hint of class about him.
Closed Thread