United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-03-2018, 07:08 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
And because we're shit.

Definite 'wasn't that fit anyway syndrome'.
I blame Premier League Years. Whenever I watch it I get this lingering thought...."it was never that exciting".

In ten years they'll apply some crescendo to the sound of a clock ticking.....can Pardew keep the Baggies up?

Unread 04-03-2018, 07:20 PM
sub three hours

I hope Citeh get Liverpool in the next round of the Champions League. At least one of them would then be out

Unread 04-03-2018, 07:21 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
I hope Citeh get Liverpool in the next round of the Champions League. At least one of them would then be out
You want one of them to be in the semis pol?

Unread 04-03-2018, 07:29 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
hope they get Madrid and Munich in the next round......

Unread 04-03-2018, 07:35 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
You want one of them to be in the semis pol?
One of them probably will be any way pal.

We need some kind draws and might need to get our hands dirty to stop these @#%&!s making the final.

Unread 04-03-2018, 07:38 PM
saffers

Quote:
One of them probably will be any way pal.

We need some kind draws and might need to get our hands dirty to stop these @#%&!s making the final.
City have a good chance of making the semis, but that's all. As Sparky says the league is weak so how good they are against a Bayern, Real/Psg, Barca remains to be seen. Barca I think theyd take btw. I wouldn't fancy Liverpool against most of the others. Keep in mind it's two legs. They will ship goals at home to any decent side. Don't be fooled by their destruction of a poor Porto side. Look at how the likes of Celtic, Benfica, Porto etc are no longer competing properly in europe. Huge scorelines. Other than when we face them of course.

Unread 04-03-2018, 07:45 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
City have a good chance of making the semis, but that's all. As Sparky says the league is weak so how good they are against a Bayern, Real/Psg, Barca remains to be seen. Barca I think theyd take btw. I wouldn't fancy Liverpool against most of the others. Keep in mind it's two legs. They will ship goals at home to any decent side. Don't be fooled by their destruction of a poor Porto side. Look at how the likes of Celtic, Benfica, Porto etc are no longer competing properly in europe. Huge scorelines. Other than when we face them of course.
I hope you're right mate.

I worry about Liverpool and their ability to just blow teams away early on. Too flawed to win the league, but in a one off..... Well, we saw what they did to city.

I actually think we'd be a bad match up for them. Jose knows how to keep them queit at Anfield.

My nerves couldn't take a CL tie with them

As for City, they have as good a chance as any. Their biggest enemy might be his easy they've had it. As soon as they lost one game against Wigan, they nearly burned the whole stadium down.

Unread 04-03-2018, 07:55 PM
saffers

Quote:
I hope you're right mate.

I worry about Liverpool and their ability to just blow teams away early on. Too flawed to win the league, but in a one off..... Well, we saw what they did to city.

I actually think we'd be a bad match up for them. Jose knows how to keep them queit at Anfield.

My nerves couldn't take a CL tie with them

As for City, they have as good a chance as any. Their biggest enemy might be his easy they've had it. As soon as they lost one game against Wigan, they nearly burned the whole stadium down.
They won 4-3 vs city, had that game gone on for another 10 mins they possibly would have lost it.

Obviously wouldn't like to meet them myself but id be confident most other sides dispatch them. They rarely do it when it matters. They've failed again and again under Klopp whenever expectation has gone up. Mainly because the squad just isn't that great.

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Bunker Buster

An English team isn’t winning the champions league...

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:05 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bayern look in the best shape to win it.. solid team that can score goals.......

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:34 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'm worried about both of them. Anything can happen in a cup competition, but you have to say City are probably the best side around at the moment. Have to prove it at the highest table though as you say. Liverpool will put the shits up the Europeans like we used to in the '90s by just being unashamedly fast paced and fearless. There aren't any sides that will fancy shutting them out.

Deffo want them playing each other to get rid of someone. Imagine they met in the final ffs.

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'm worried about both of them. Anything can happen in a cup competition, but you have to say City are probably the best side around at the moment. Have to prove it at the highest table though as you say. Liverpool will put the shits up the Europeans like we used to in the '90s by just being unashamedly fast paced and fearless. There aren't any sides that will fancy shutting them out.

Deffo want them playing each other to get rid of someone. Imagine they met in the final ffs.
Then we'd have to cheer on City.

ffs. Dreadful. Like 2014 all over again.

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:40 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Then we'd have to cheer on City.

ffs. Dreadful. Like 2014 all over again.
Would we ?????

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Would we ?????
Dunno about cheer. But City will win it sometime very soon. Probably need to accept that.

Klopp and the Scousers lifting it

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:42 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
sums up an awful game - Sky must be fuming paying to show that utter shit. Maybe the Russians have moved on from interfering in elections to £#%&!ing up football.

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Would we ?????
No way i'm down with Liverpool winning 6 pal

Unread 04-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Dunno about cheer. But City will win it sometime very soon. Probably need to accept that.

Klopp and the Scousers lifting it
What a choice

I know you’d personally love Pep to get another but I don’t know....

What a vile set of circumstances..

Cream

Exclamation

Quote:
United are winning the champions league.

I stake my reputation on it.

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No way i'm down with Liverpool winning 6 pal
Yep, must be avoided at all costs.
Closed Thread