United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: who will history remember as the better player?
young ronnie aka 'maybe im too good' 11 34.38%
curly giggs aka 'he won in XX times' 21 65.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:06 AM
marlo

Default an even harder one...who will history remember as the better player? ronaldo or giggs?

as things stand, who will history remember as the better player?

tough one.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:08 AM
MUFC One Love

Default Re: an even harder one...who will history remember as the better player? ronaldo or giggs?

Ronaldo is the best player I have ever seen at United. Giggs is a legend but for some reason there has always been something there with him that I can't explain that stops me loving him as much as other great players for United.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:08 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Default Re: an even harder one...who will history remember as the better player? ronaldo or giggs?

no it's not

giggs

ronaldo won't win anywhere near the trophies of giggs, mark my words

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:10 AM
forwardirektion

A fair percentage of United fans Giggs the rest of world football Ronaldo (if he keeps it up for a few more years which i think he will).
A few Italians might vote for Giggs they seem to like him.

I think personally that in 10 years time Ronaldo will be talked about in the Pele, Maradonna, Cruyff, Best debates.

koppas

Your mum is a better player than Ronaldo. Better ball and dribbling skills.

PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack's Smirking Revenge
no it's not

giggs

ronaldo won't win anywhere near the trophies of giggs, mark my words
Yes but that doesn't mean he's a better player does it?

I love Giggs much more for all he's done and won but Ronaldo is a much better player. He is the best footballer in the world and has been for some time.

Giggs has, on numerous occasions, been one of the best but never the best IMHO.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:11 AM
marlo

its a lot closer than that.
ronaldo is already up there with pele and 'big m-dona-

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:11 AM
Ginners

he's online, lets see what he says

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:12 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
A fair percentage of United fans Giggs the rest of world football Ronaldo (if he keeps it up for a few more years which i think he will).
A few Italians might vote for Giggs they seem to like him.

I think personally that in 10 years time Ronaldo will be talked about in the Pele, Maradonna, Cruyff, Best debates.
This. Ronaldo is an outstanding player and you can't compare him to giggs as they are both different players. Giggs will go down as an all time great but as with Best his lack of world cup action will always let him down.
Ronaldo for me is the best player I have seen in terms of pure football ability.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:14 AM
Jack's Smirking Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Yes but that doesn't mean he's a better player does it?

I love Giggs much more for all he's done and won but Ronaldo is a much better player. He is the best footballer in the world and has been for some time.

Giggs has, on numerous occasions, been one of the best but never the best IMHO.
i love ronaldo, but i honestly can't see him keeping it up for the next five years or more. more of a temperament thing than an ability thing, but i can honestly see his sulks getting in the way of his talent

I hope i'm wrong, because i love him for what he's done for us

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:15 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
he's online, lets see what he says
Are you suggesting this thread is a deliberate provocation to a specific Fredster?

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:15 AM
History

Everyone in world football respects giggs and scholes.

Look at that interview with kaka, "one day im playing with giggs on my playstation now i get to play against him in real life!"

I think the actual people who give him the least respect is possibly the english. (Although it's still quite alot of respect, but compared to the brazilians, italians and spanish)

Honestly think it's a no brainer.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Anyway, far too early to tell imo. Might've asked a similar question about the other Ronaldo at 24, look what happened to his career.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Mr_Ed

So do we remember a loyal lad who came through the youth team, became our most decorated player ever over 18 seasons or a prima donna who did brilliantly for us but straight after winning the European Cup he @#%&!d himself out to Real Madrid... and then demanded to go the season after...

Hmmmm

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:21 AM
History

When Ronaldo does it over 19 years come back to me.

The question was who will history remember as the better player

I say giggs end of thread......for now

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:25 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
When Ronaldo does it over 19 years come back to me.

The question was who will history remember as the better player

I say giggs end of thread......for now
Yep.

Ronaldo is £#%&!ing brilliant and I was/am gutted that he went. But Giggs has been here for his whole career and has won everything there is to win.

A player respected by EVERYONE in world football. I bet you can't say the same about Ronaldo.

Giggs for me, simply because I support United and any other clubs players mean very little to me.

Edit: £#%&! knows what 'he won in XX times' means.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:26 AM
dunk

A lad I know is well into his football, got his FA coaching badges, not far off being a professional player himself and knows a fair few, has been telling me for 5 years now that Ronaldo will be 1/4 the player he is now by the time he is 28. He always said he would start picking up injuries in his early to mid twenties which would eventually affect his pace and power, and he hasn't enough other things to his game to be able to cope with losing any of that ability. It's an interesting point. Everything he does tends to be about pace and power, very little about finesse.

It remains to be seen, usually when stars burn as bright as Ronaldo has, they burn out pretty fast, which just makes Giggs' achievements all the more impressive.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:34 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
This. Ronaldo is an outstanding player and you can't compare him to giggs as they are both different players. Giggs will go down as an all time great but as with Best his lack of world cup action will always let him down.Ronaldo for me is the best player I have seen in terms of pure football ability.
You can't use that against him. If he played for Holland ar Spain, he would be on another level completely in a lot of people's eyes. It's hardly a let-down that he chose to play for Wales and they're shit.

Ferguson doesn't suffer fools. Giggs has won everything worth winning at club football. At least twice.

I rest my case, your honour.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:37 AM
History

Also i'd like to point out, being given a little adidas gold plated boot trophy stating that you have been 'voted' the best player in the world isnt as good as winning real trophies.

Unread 24-11-2009, 11:42 AM
marlo

this is good. sparking a decent footballing debate on a football forum.

for me i think ronaldo will be remembered as the most complete footballer in the world but experianced football fans will say giggs.

but in 100 years when both sets of fans are dead.who will be remembered as the bette® player?

im going with ronaldo due to the fact he is the best player most of us have ever seen play live (and that includes giggs)
Closed Thread