Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2019, 09:23 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Hmmmm...

It’s the hope that kills you.
An all round better player than Lukaku so no reason why not.

Lukaku is the worst of the 3 (maybe even the 4) and had the spot all to himself.

Give it to someone else and watch what happens.

Rather he went and wasnt replaced than stayed.

Unread 07-08-2019, 09:28 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£55m for Lo Celso is a bargain in the current climate.

Spurs bagging players we should’ve been all over in him, Ndombele and Sessegnon
why we weren't in for Youri Tielemans i'll never know either

Ole will have a hell of job this season if we start off poorly. he's no top level manager but £#%&!ing hell what's above him is woeful.

i kind of get the feeling players out there don't really wanna play for us anymore, we're not attracting option it seems, bloody hell

Unread 07-08-2019, 09:39 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Are we all pretending Lukaku is important now?

He's shit.

He wasn't playing when we were good or shit last season.

He is a symbol of a direction of football we never should have gone towards.

He won't be missed.
Since Fergie returned we have two instances of players scoring 20 or more in a season, Zlatan and Lukaku.

Hes a lump, but he'll score goals. I'm happy to sell him if we replace those goals. We will sell him and hope others step up. Theres a pretty big chance nobody will.

Unread 07-08-2019, 09:55 PM
utd99

Big year for Sanchez

Unread 07-08-2019, 09:56 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Big year for Sanchez
I remember saying that last year.

Unread 07-08-2019, 09:57 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
I remember saying that last year.
You’re just ahead of the curve mate.

Unread 07-08-2019, 10:06 PM
caliban

Good riddance to the £#%&!ing Belgian teletubby.

He’ll love Serie A, where forwards can amble around like an Aussie fielder during an England innings.

And Sanchez can stay in Chile for all I care. Absolutely no value in having that dog grooming midget on the pitch.

Unread 07-08-2019, 10:10 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Since Fergie returned we have two instances of players scoring 20 or more in a season, Zlatan and Lukaku.

Hes a lump, but he'll score goals. I'm happy to sell him if we replace those goals. We will sell him and hope others step up. Theres a pretty big chance nobody will.
And the team was low scoring when they both did that.

We dont need a someone to get 20. We need to build a better attack. Lukaku isn't part of that.

Unread 07-08-2019, 10:57 PM
AK14

We’ve basically fixed one area of the pitch while two other areas have been weakened

Yeah he wasn’t the best, but we’re crazy to not replace him especially when Martial and Rashford fail to get goals and the only other striker we have at the club is 17 yr old kid.

We’ve lost two midfielders over the last 7 months and failed to replace either of them.

Got to feel for Ole and just hope we hit the ground running this season

Unread 08-08-2019, 12:21 AM
barkabal

£#%&! Lukaku. Just £#%&! him.

Unread 08-08-2019, 12:24 AM
armchair

pound for pound fatter than shaw btw

Unread 08-08-2019, 02:19 AM
Chris Quayd

I hate Lukaku as much as the next guy but Rashford, Greenwood, Martial and Sanchez would be incredibly light if they were just battling for a front two position, throw in an inside left and the season looks like a suicide mission.

I could see Rashford and Martial getting 20 each if everything clicks but we would still be woefully short of goals. To say nothing about our cover in defence or the square pegs that consist of our midfield.

Unread 08-08-2019, 03:04 AM
shenwen

wish I could be as optimistic as some.
Just can't see Rashford and Martial clicking for 20 goals each. Highly, highly unlikely for me.
More likely an injury or two and a front two of Lingard and Sanchez
The only positive would be more games for Greenwood.

Unread 08-08-2019, 03:15 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
wish I could be as optimistic as some.
Just can't see Rashford and Martial clicking for 20 goals each. Highly, highly unlikely for me.
More likely an injury or two and a front two of Lingard and Sanchez
The only positive would be more games for Greenwood.
I don't think it's likely though if they had the supply I think they are capable, they would hit 20 apiece if they played for city. But I'm as worried about the defence as I am the attack, the amount of people giving it "the defence is sorted" line, I really don't see it. It's a squad game, our backup for each defender is somewhere between woeful and non-existent and that's ignoring that our first choice all have plenty to prove too. Would have more faith if we had a midfield in front of them.

Unread 08-08-2019, 04:33 AM
Stickman

Its on par with starting Van Gaals second season with Fellaini as a forward.

Unread 08-08-2019, 05:53 AM
Vedder

Martial and Rashford 20 goals each? they’ll barely get 20 between them ffs

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:11 AM
Stickman

Quote:

He's shit.

He won't be missed.
Bit of a strawman that, Clowny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
20 each?! No chance.

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:15 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Put money on it?

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:26 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

He's shit.

He won't be missed.
Not the point though is it? I agree he is shit but we should use he money to replace him somehow..

I’d rather it went on a quality midfielder tbh

Unread 08-08-2019, 06:36 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Not the point though is it? I agree he is shit but we should use he money to replace him somehow..

I’d rather it went on a quality midfielder tbh
Without a doubt this. We're hedging our bets that Rashford, Martial, Greenwood and even Sanchez can provide the goals we need. I'm not convinced they will, but signing one or two good midfielders would no doubt help with supply to our forwards and protection for our back line.

I'm holding out the faintest of faint hopes that we have something planned today, but realistically my gut tells me we're done.
Closed Thread