United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:07 AM
Switching Off

Thumbs up Ole's presser 09.08.2019

Lots of nonsense in response to nonsense questions but just said Greenwoods path to the first team would've been harder if Rom had stayed, and he expects him to play and score regularly this season.

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:09 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Lots of nonsense in response to nonsense questions but just said Greenwoods path to the first team would've been harder if Rom had stayed, and he expects him to play and score regularly this season.
Well that's £#%&!ing stupid...

"Here kid, I expect you to score regularly this season!"
"Wait, what?"

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Well that's £#%&!ing stupid...

"Here kid, I expect you to score regularly this season!"
"Wait, what?"
What?

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:27 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What?
So you think it's ok to put that kind of pressure on a 17 year old kid?

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:27 AM
dunk

Might be a shrewd move giving Greenwood, Chong and Gomes such space into the first team tbh. Can live with that. If Sanchez were to pull his £#%&!ing finger out and be anywhere near useful we might be ok

The midfield however

Quote:
Depends on your expectation. A goal a month is regular...

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:30 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Might be a shrewd move giving Greenwood, Chong and Gomes such space into the first team tbh. Can live with that. If Sanchez were to pull his £#%&!ing finger out and be anywhere near useful we might be ok

The midfield however
I'm happy for them to be involved and to develop within the first team squad but, in my opinion, putting pressure on a 17 year old to score regularly is OTT

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:31 AM
puressence

bet those kids are buzzing to £#%&! imagine being mason greenwood .. unreal scenes , be in england team before the euros

Brucie

Quote:

The midfield however

Depends on your expectation. A goal a month is regular...
If we are going by Rashford standards I guess

AK14

Quote:

The midfield however
Yep, I’m really excited to hopefully see the three of them and Axel get more games. Hope Ole is brave enough to put them in over more experienced squad players like Mata, Smalling, Jones, Matic etc

Think Pogba is going to come out swinging this season tbh, he’ll come of age and be the leader we’re looking for

As for the presser I don’t know what people expect him to say really? People moaned when Van Gaal handed out fact sheets, moaned when Jose called out the ceo and now moaning when Ole talked positively.

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:32 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
I'm happy for them to be involved and to develop within the first team squad but, in my opinion, putting pressure on a 17 year old to score regularly is OTT
Depends on the character of the player, they obviously believe he can step up. Looking forward to watching him develop this season

Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yep, I’m really excited to hopefully see the three of them and Axel get more games. Hope Ole is brave enough to put them in over more experienced squad players like Mata, Smalling, Jones, Matic etc

Think Pogba is going to come out swinging this season tbh, he’ll come of age and be the leader we’re looking for

As for the presser I don’t know what people expect him to say really? People moaned when Van Gaal handed out fact sheets, moaned when Jose called out the ceo and now moaning when Ole talked positively.
Not moaning, I think it's too much to put that level of expectancy on a 17 year old, at a club like United.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
bet those kids are buzzing to £#%&! imagine being mason greenwood .. unreal scenes , be in england team before the euros
£#%&!ing hope not.

Hopefully he announces his international retirement after scoring on Sunday.

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:33 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Nah, hes probably terrified of the pressure I've just put him under

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:34 AM
AK14

Quote:
Not moaning, I think it's too much to put that level of expectancy on a 17 year old, at a club like United.
I guess context is needed, because usually what they say in pressers and what the press write are very different.

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:35 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Nah, hes probably terrified of the pressure I've just put him under

You monster.

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:35 AM
ZiggyStardust

If I was Greenwood I'd be buzzing and full of confidence that the manager has such faith in me

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:37 AM
Ethers

Quote:
It’s called motivation. He’s just saying how good the lad is, it’ll be a massive boost to him if anything, he certainly won’t feel it as pressure.

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
He's 4th/5th choice behind Rashford, Martial, Sanchez, Lingard, James, realistically, so how is he putting pressure on him?

He's setting him a challenge if anything..

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:40 AM
puressence

should give him the 9 shirt

Unread 09-08-2019, 10:42 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
It’s called motivation. He’s just saying how good the lad is, it’ll be a massive boost to him if anything, he certainly won’t feel it as pressure.
Yep. Should have signed some old forward instead and said Greenwood will get his chance in a few years. Sure he'd be much happier at that.
Closed Thread