United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-12-2015, 02:47 PM
marlo

Default can we set some parameters please

i remember when we were not winning games in the champions league and the general consensus was they were not 'must win' games .....then when it caught up with us....it was stated that we werent good enough to win the champions league so doesnt matter when we get knocked out (group stages etc)

so what league finish in the league would be considered a failure by LGV?

should top 4 be the absolute minimum.

ideally you would think spending the money he spent in the summer, having a year to ship out the 'dead wood' a tame title challenge that fizzes out in late march would be the appropriate improvement on last seasons 4th place finish......

but anyway the goal post shifts so much for the dutch one so whats the new standard...

if we finish below 4th would that be a failure by LGV or is the poor squad (he assembled), scholes and rios bt sport curse et

Unread 29-12-2015, 02:51 PM
Vetch

If he doesn't get top four he'll be sacked.

Unless we win the Europa League.

Unread 29-12-2015, 02:54 PM
Kent Brockman

It's amazing how much expectations have been lowered in the space of a few years. I remember when finishing second was like the end of the world. Now, in the most winnable league in years, we're talking about how great it would be to scrape into the top 4.

Unread 29-12-2015, 02:55 PM
woody78

Top 4 and a trophy will be a successful season

Unread 29-12-2015, 02:56 PM
Kent Brockman

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78

Unread 29-12-2015, 02:57 PM
Vetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
It's amazing how much expectations have been lowered in the space of a few years. I remember when finishing second was like the end of the world. Now, in the most winnable league in years, we're talking about how great it would be to scrape into the top 4.
Don't think anyone is saying it's great. Some of us are just realistic.

Unread 29-12-2015, 02:58 PM
utd99

I think we should concentrate on our league position in the cup tbh.

Unread 29-12-2015, 02:58 PM
dunk

Once we are winning with sufficient regularity that TBR never posts and your only posts are non football related, then we will have reached a required success level.

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Once we are winning with sufficient regularity that TBR never posts and your only posts are non football related, then we will have reached a required success level.
Baby steps.

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:07 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent Brockman
It's true unfortunately . It would be an improvement on last season .
I wanted a genuine title challenge this season but our injuries have pretty much ruled that out .
I would take 4th and a trophy atm

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:09 PM
puressence

When you refer to Utd can you stop saying we please your not we your them or those or rags any will do. Thank you

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:11 PM
utd99

Grammar wars!!!

Fightfightfightfightfight.

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:13 PM
saffers

If he's still here come 3pm saturday then everyone at the club will get what they deserve. If a complete disaster of a season(finishing between 5th and 10th) means we get rid of not just lvg but also woodward then that might be worth it.

Have no real hatred for lvg, seems a decent man but starting to really dislike Woodward. Often overlooked how big a part he has played in the failure of our last two managers and then compounds that failure by keeping them on until our seasons are completely over. Like someone else said earlier, it just reeks of him trying to save his own skin.

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:14 PM
Billy Redface

Sackeded

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:14 PM
The taste of...

He took over a 12 month previous championship winning squad + Fillanieee from Moyes

Moyes had it at 7th

LVG has spent £#%&! Knows how much more?

We're 6th

Schexy fussboll vortrtbarll?? (or similar ) as the shit briefs avatars..... now silently slipping up on to the fence....... once said

MOTWYW

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:16 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
If he's still here come 3pm saturday then everyone at the club will get what they deserve. If a complete disaster of a season(finishing between 5th and 10th) means we get rid of not just lvg but also woodward then that might be worth it.

Have no real hatred for lvg, seems a decent man but starting to really dislike Woodward. Often overlooked how big a part he has played in the failure of our last two managers and then compounds that failure by keeping them on until our seasons are completely over. Like someone else said earlier, it just reeks of him trying to save his own skin.
If LVG fails (leaving aside whether he already has for the moment) then Woodward should be removed from making football related decisions. His constant leaking to the media is embarrassing as well.

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:17 PM
Pop

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:24 PM
puressence

Also when we lose can you always say beated love that

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:24 PM
Cream

With a transfer window approaching, there can be absolutely no excuses for finishing outside the top 4. That would be an all round failure where any sane observer would draw the line - especially with Chelsea out of the way.

I still believe we have a chance at finishing in the top 3 at least and frankly would expect nothing less.

All academic if a change of manager is being worked on as we speak.

Unread 29-12-2015, 03:30 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
With a transfer window approaching, there can be absolutely no excuses for finishing outside the top 4. That would be an all round failure where any sane observer would draw the line - especially with Chelsea out of the way.

I still believe we have a chance at finishing in the top 3 at least and frankly would expect nothing less.

All academic if a change of manager is being worked on as we speak.
Top four is going to be hard from this position. Unlikely I'd say.
Closed Thread