Why thank you.
No problem.

yhbr.

Unread 05-10-2015, 02:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

You're an idiot.

Memphis, Mata, Martial, Rooney and whoever is at FB seem to have creative freedom with a remit to do their graft. Most aren't marrying the 2 which is what is hindering them.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:16 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the team we started with was a team you might switch to if 3-0 down and desperate. maybe.
in that respect, LVG is quite the visionary

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:39 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I think most would acknowledge it's thin.

it's certainly unbalanced. the squad needed streamlining, but I think he's gone too far.

personally, I think selling Rafael, Nani and Rvp was a mistake.

it's a squad clearly still under construction. its shortcomings are clear and they will bite us in the arse at times. I think we all knew this though.

As shocking as that first twenty minutes was yesterday, it didn't highlight much we didn't already know:

-we lack defensive cover
-he still doesn't know what his best midfield is
-Darmian, Depay, Schweinstieger and schneiderlen are still settling in
-Rooney can't be relied upon anymore

yesterday is why we are still a way off winning the league. I just hope our reaction can underline some progress, because I do think it's there.
All finished at United in their various ways. Not getting a couple more players in was the error (though whether that is more down to LvG or woowar is conjecture)

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:51 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
If I'm honest, I think Carrick, Basti and Schneiderlin are all a bit much of a muchness. We need a bit more variety, some pace, tenacity etc. I love Carrick but I fear his time has come, need a younger man in there. Granit Xhaka or someone similar, from Moenchengladbach. Energy, drive and a presence.

Definitely need a proper CB alongside Smalling too. Forwards of course.

Interesting to see what they do about LB. Will they bring someone in in January or persevere with what we have until Shaw returns..
So what you are saying is despite signing 3 midfielders in the last 2 summers, we need more midfielders. We need more forwards too. And defenders of course!!

This is after a 200m net spend.

btw I agree with you on all of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

You're an idiot.
if anything he takes on too many without having the skillz to beat them. There are very few in the world, who can beat 2-3 defenders easily.

Needs some time on the bench and watch martial on when to take on a defender and when to pass.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:57 PM
dunk

I'm Saying Carrick and Fellaini need replacing with more youthful and useful options and the attack is ridiculously low on options.

How much has been spent doesn't matter, you never just stop, it's a constantly ongoing process.

City spent £150m in the summer on top of the Billion spent since 2008 and still go to pieces without Kompany or Silva

We could've gone and thrown £70m at Pogba, for instance, only for him to do his cruciate first game, everyone would still be talking about us having spent £70m in the summer and having not improved a few days later ffs

£200m is £#%&! all with the current level of transfer fees.

Unread 05-10-2015, 03:58 PM
red in cumbria

And never mind Aguero.......

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:08 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
I'm Saying Carrick and Fellaini need replacing with more youthful and useful options and the attack is ridiculously low on options.

How much has been spent doesn't matter, you never just stop, it's a constantly ongoing process.

City spent £150m in the summer on top of the Billion spent since 2008 and still go to pieces without Kompany or Silva

We could've gone and thrown £70m at Pogba, for instance, only for him to do his cruciate first game, everyone would still be talking about us having spent £70m in the summer and having not improved a few days later ffs

£200m is £#%&! all with the current level of transfer fees.
It is not £#%&! all though... It is £#%&! all if you compare it with city/psg.

But see atletico madrid, juventus, bayern who all have nowhere near that net spend/spend but still have much better squads.

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrydimaria
It is not £#%&! all though... It is £#%&! all if you compare it with city/psg.

But see atletico madrid, juventus, bayern who all have nowhere near that net spend/spend but still have much better squads.
Not so sure on that one. The other two i'll give you.

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:10 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And never mind Aguero.......
Argentinian Kevin Phillips

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:11 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Not so sure on that one. The other two i'll give you.
They have much much better options up front with the likes of Dybala/Morata/Mandzukic. They certainly have a much better midfield with Pogba/Marchisio. They have very good defence.

Where are united better?

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:12 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
They have much much better options up front with the likes of Dybala/Morata/Mandzukic. They certainly have a much better midfield with Pogba/Marchisio. They have very good defence.

Where are united better?
Not convinced with this Juve team. Never been a fan of Mandzukic either.

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:14 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Not convinced with this Juve team. Never been a fan of Mandzukic either.
That's fine but he is still better than rooney & chest monster

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:16 PM
dunk

Is that Juve who have won 2 games this season?

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:23 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
Is that Juve who have won 2 games this season?
yes, the same juve who beat city away and reached CL final last season.

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:23 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
That's fine but he is still better than rooney & chest monster
You leave Pure out of this.

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
yes, the same juve who beat city away and reached CL final last season.
West Ham beat City away... Last season was a completely different side.

Their squad has also been being put together over the last 5 years as opposed to 14 months..

Unread 05-10-2015, 04:56 PM
believe

The squad wasn't has thin last season but we still continuously picked the wrong players in the wrong positions and used formations that no one was comfortable with.

Unread 05-10-2015, 05:01 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
West Ham beat City away... Last season was a completely different side.

Their squad has also been being put together over the last 5 years as opposed to 14 months..
Morata, Mandzukic, Evra, Dybala, Khedira, Cuadrado, Pereyra, Sandro, Hernanes

9 players who have been signed recently who are important members of current squad.

Unread 05-10-2015, 05:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Morata, Mandzukic, Evra, Dybala, Khedira, Cuadrado, Pereyra, Sandro, Hernanes

9 players who have been signed recently who are important members of current squad.
None of those play for Manchester City
Closed Thread