United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should Moyes be sacked, effective immediately?
Yes. 128 90.14%
No. 14 9.86%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 16-03-2014, 10:33 PM
taff

i don't personally see the logic in sacking him now unless the club are particularly spooked by missing out on the champions league, and previous noises have been to the contrary (ostensibly at least).

fourth place is gone, europe looks dead in the water, we're not getting relegated; these last nine games should be carte blanche for him to rip it up and start again, to make firm decisions on personnel, devote playing time to those who will form the future of the squad and instil them with a sense of motivation. he badly needs to show a bit of invention; if we go into a tailspin between now and may the club will baulk at giving him money to spend this summer, and i don't see how he can continue from there.

Unread 16-03-2014, 10:37 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
these last nine games should be carte blanche for him to rip it up and start again, to make firm decisions on personnel, devote playing time to those who will form the future of the squad and instil them with a sense of motivation.
Is that not what he should have been doing all season and failing miserably, or am I missing something?

Unread 16-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Zorg

Quote:
these last nine games should be carte blanche for him to rip it up and start again, to make firm decisions on personnel, devote playing time to those who will form the future of the squad and instil them with a sense of motivation.
Why should he be given responsibility for any of those decisions?

Unread 16-03-2014, 10:40 PM
Jethro

Shane he didn't round off his video by chinning that smug @#%&! in the Januzaj shirt

Unread 16-03-2014, 10:41 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
i don't personally see the logic in sacking him now
Starting to win back our self-respect is good enough for me, tbh.

Unread 16-03-2014, 10:50 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

According to the RI mag today (I know, I know) Giggs is very unhappy with Moyes and how clueless he is. Especially with the lack of attacking drills in training. He's on the verge of not staying on in his coaching roll at the end of the season, but he dosnt want to rock the boat publicly as he really fancies the job himself and dosent want to be seen as the one who stuck the knife in to get the job. Don't shoot the messenger.

Giggsy

Unread 16-03-2014, 10:51 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
According to the RI mag today (I know, I know) Giggs is very unhappy with Moyes and how clueless he is. Especially with the lack of attacking drills in training. He's on the verge of not staying on in his coaching roll at the end of the season, but he dosnt want to rock the boat publicly as he really fancies the job himself and dosent want to be seen as the one who stuck the knife in to get the job. Don't shoot the messenger.

Giggsy
apparently in next months issue we lose 3-0 to liverpool at home.

Unread 16-03-2014, 10:52 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Giggsy
What a star that lad is.

Evra & Rio need to start a player revolt. They're leaving in the summer anyway. One more sacrifice for the greater good of Manchester United

Unread 16-03-2014, 10:58 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
What a star that lad is.

Evra & Rio need to start a player revolt. They're leaving in the summer anyway. One more sacrifice for the greater good of Manchester United
Again in the mag it says Evra and Rooney are the two who are keeping him in the job.
O can understand Rooney but the Evra thing is confusing considering we tried to replace himwith Baines all summer.

Unread 16-03-2014, 11:01 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

wouldn't want him sacked as a direct result of today - I was in the leeds end when we done em and wilkinson got sacked, how we laughed - leave it until thursday morning, and let the @#%&!s, round, lumsden and woods, hear the first of it on the radio on their way to carrington. pnev can join the U18 staff.

Unread 16-03-2014, 11:03 PM
Lok

I want justice for the 96...

who have voted Moyes out.

Unread 16-03-2014, 11:10 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Is that not what he should have been doing all season and failing miserably, or am I missing something?
perhaps, yes. but i can kind of understand sticking with tried and trusted players in the first instance. the point is that for whatever reason he's struggling to make an impact with this squad, and that necessitates either reform - which the club must trust him to deliver - or a change of manager. a conspicuous lack of achievement with the current squad thereby increases the pressure on him to innovate and earn that trust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Why should he be given responsibility for any of those decisions?
i'm not really convinced that he should be i just don't think the club are looking to pull the trigger imminently, so was giving a summation of what he should look to do with this grace period between now and the end of the season. fwiw, if everything just peters out from here (and the ensuing reports of a fractious atmosphere behind the scenes are true) then it would only prove an inability to command the situation, which is as damning in corporate-speak as it is in football management. if that's the case then i wouldn't be surprised to see a 'mutual decision' made in the summer.

Unread 17-03-2014, 12:56 AM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Please dont wum...is this true? You've always been a decent poster so i pray it is.

I can see him going to the club n them agreeing to mutual consent ( less money for him but avoids the S word )
May Liverpool win the league if I'm bulling. 100% straight up.

Unread 17-03-2014, 01:32 AM
redhegemony

what would it achieve?

Unread 17-03-2014, 01:41 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
what would it achieve?
Better results

Unread 17-03-2014, 01:57 AM
Michael Myers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Better results
And better football.

Unread 17-03-2014, 02:52 AM
Stickman

Moyes out

Steve Round in

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Child of Darkness

I voted no . There's no point him being sacked now . There's no one available , best hope is in the summer when someone can be tempted after the World Cup .

Don't get me wrong , he's dog shit , but fourth has gone and he is the best shot at avoiding the comedy cup . Some one coming in might get us into 6th and the joys of Thursday night . Think on .

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:49 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I voted no . There's no point him being sacked now . There's no one available , best hope is in the summer when someone can be tempted after the World Cup .

Don't get me wrong , he's dog shit , but fourth has gone and he is the best shot at avoiding the comedy cup . Some one coming in might get us into 6th and the joys of Thursday night . Think on .
All good points, well made.....

However, why not sack him now, put a puppet in for the last few games (maybe p nev) then get a new bloke in over summer

If he survives this season we will have fergie lackeys in the press backing moyes to turn around "the inevitable difficult first season"

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:52 AM
believe

Quote:
fourth place is gone, europe looks dead in the water, we're not getting relegated; .
this sounds like next Friday's presser from Moyes.
Closed Thread