United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastvan
Before I use to think that Fred & The Scottish Player would make great bench players at United, but....

they've come to symbolize the absolute mediocracy that United have become, that the sooner they're sold off, the happier I will be.
But you think Martial still has a chance

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:53 AM
tatty

Neither Fred nor The Scottish Player are good enough to be squad players at United.

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:56 AM
waynes ear's

both are absolutely shite and need binning. The Scottish Player is Sunderland level, Fred can just £#%&! off

Unread 03-10-2021, 10:44 AM
dunk

We need 4 or 5 new midfielders tbh. Non of the current players are fit for purpose.

We should be looking to buy better player than we have. United are delusional and think we’re looking for ‘the one’. They don’t want to sign players to cover a spot until a superior player becomes available, which is what needs to be done.

Matic, Beek, Pogba, Mata and Lingard are all likely to be gone by summer and none are doing the necessary currently. That’s without them acknowledging the obvious fact that Fred and The Scottish Player aren’t good enough.

Unread 03-10-2021, 10:56 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We need 4 or 5 new midfielders tbh. Non of the current players are fit for purpose.

We should be looking to buy better player than we have. United are delusional and think we’re looking for ‘the one’. They don’t want to sign players to cover a spot until a superior player becomes available, which is what needs to be done.

Matic, Beek, Pogba, Mata and Lingard are all likely to be gone by summer and none are doing the necessary currently. That’s without them acknowledging the obvious fact that Fred and The Scottish Player aren’t good enough.
If we can offload Pogba, Mata and Lingard in one go then I think keeping Matic at the least would be a good idea. I’d say VdB too but I can’t see him wanting to stay here at this point.

When rested regularly and managed properly I think Matic is a good addition to the squad. I think he’d do well at any club as a back up DM. Obviously we need to recruit in that area though - we’ve essentially spent the better part of a decade signing a load of attacking mids/number 10s. Is Schneiderlin, Matic aside, the only other one we’ve signed since Fergie left?

Awful recruitment. For all the talk of us improving in that department over the past couple of seasons, we’ve still managed to neglect the one area of the pitch that needed urgent attention. I shouldn’t be surprised really - we went multiple years without a right back

Edit - forget Haaland from Dortmund, we should be doing our level best to get Bellingham and Rice/another DM in over the next year. Two players who would instantly improve the way we play. I hope people see now that it was always the midfield we should have focussed on - we have one of the greatest players of all time up front now and the same issues are still occurring.

Unread 03-10-2021, 11:13 AM
MUFC One Love

These two were a big part of us getting to where we are but it's time to only play 1 at most. I've defended both but this season Fred's been poor and his confidence has gone and The Scottish Player doesn't look fit. He was better yesterday but still not good enough. When the ball comes to him you can see his limitations straight away.

Unread 03-10-2021, 11:58 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
both are absolutely shite and need binning. The Scottish Player is Sunderland level, Fred can just £#%&! off
The Scottish Player worth a place on the bench for versatility. The cupboard is pretty bare

2 not good enough
1 good enough but prehistoric
1 who can't play there
1 who probably can't play there but we will.never know.

Unread 03-10-2021, 12:14 PM
shenwen

If McT hadn’t come through the system, we wouldn’t be looking to buy him.

The continuing use of this pair is bewildering

Unread 03-10-2021, 12:51 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
If McT hadn’t come through the system, we wouldn’t be looking to buy him.

The continuing use of this pair is bewildering
It’s a case of picking your favourite turd. We have no CM they all all incapable of playing regularly to the level we need.

The two that “could play there wrt talent” matic is too old and can’t sustain 3 games in a row and pogba who has the talent but is a complete #@&%! biscuit on his mental game. He would leave us exposed.

Then we are left with dog shit Fred or The Scottish Player who clearly aren’t good enough. The Scottish Player is decent enough to keep as 3rd choice CM . Fred shouldn’t be in the team.

Last we have VDB who came in as a number number who could possibly play as a number 6 but old seems to have some issue with him and won’t play him.

Even if he does play our problems are bigger than just getting a CM who can pass and is technically good on the ball. I reckon we need need two CMs .

Ronaldo puts his style of play in a pickle. You can’t press high with him. I do think his best bet is playing 4-3-3 and just leaving Ronaldo up top on his own.

Either way we are £#%&!ed, pogba will leave in the summer on a free, we need about two CMs, or a manager who can bring something out of mcfred, right now I can’t see anyone out there that falls into the style of Man Utd with the players we have to come in and make one or two changes.

Alternatively we can bring in a manger with a different style of play who will spend 4 transfers getting 60% of the players he needs and we will be back to square one

Unread 03-10-2021, 12:57 PM
ryanMUFC

I think he has a bit of sentiment for the pair after the PSG game (that pretty much got him the job). They’ve played their part in some big wins since obviously but I think his loyalty towards them is one of the things holding him back.

Realistically we needed a midfielder more than we needed Sancho, that’s hindsight with us getting Ronaldo pretty late though.

Unread 03-10-2021, 01:04 PM
Ronny

Our mid field problems are largely down to uncertainty over Pogba.
The suits are desperate to keep him and so that changes what kind of midfielder we need i.e one who can shield on his own kante or Rice whereas we really need midfielders who complement Bruno.
By Xmas Pogba will have proven he is off and the problems can be addressed.

Unread 03-10-2021, 01:06 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
I think he has a bit of sentiment for the pair after the PSG game (that pretty much got him the job). They’ve played their part in some big wins since obviously but I think his loyalty towards them is one of the things holding him back.

Realistically we needed a midfielder more than we needed Sancho, that’s hindsight with us getting Ronaldo pretty late though.
Hmm maybe, still think we needed a winger. Martial is dog shit. Going in with Greenwood and Rashford as your wingers with no back up . We were shown up last season when we had to play james. I think the winger was equally important. Ideally Sancho hit the ground running and with two good wingers we would be too much for teams. He has started in mud which places more emphasis on our non existant CM.

If we had two very good wingers and were highly dangerous from both sides , get the ball down the line and cross or cut in with Ronaldo Infront and Bruno spraying it side to side we would be ok.

What tends to happen our wingers get the ball. Don’t do anything, pass to full backs or the CM and recycle or they just £#%&! it up Cus they’re shit

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Hmm maybe, still think we needed a winger. Martial is dog shit. Going in with Greenwood and Rashford as your wingers with no back up . We were shown up last season when we had to play james. I think the winger was equally important. Ideally Sancho hit the ground running and with two good wingers we would be too much for teams. He has started in mud which places more emphasis on our non existant CM.

If we had two very good wingers and were highly dangerous from both sides , get the ball down the line and cross or cut in with Ronaldo Infront and Bruno spraying it side to side we would be ok.

What tends to happen our wingers get the ball. Don’t do anything, pass to full backs or the CM and recycle or they just £#%&! it up Cus they’re shit
Sancho is improving with each game. Think he just needs minutes now. Hope he features for England and builds some momentum.

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:35 PM
dunk

Sancho was a must buy. To say otherwise is ridiculous.

Same if we buy Haaland next summer despite having Ronaldo.

You can’t succeed without options and variety, particularly in attack, and Sancho is nothing like any of our other forwards, don’t let his slow start fool you.

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:45 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Sancho is improving with each game. Think he just needs minutes now. Hope he features for England and builds some momentum.
Sancho is like Beeky. He's used to quick short intelligent passing and moving.

That's not really Ole's way. I'm not sure what Ole's way is, but it sure as shit isn't that.

Unread 03-10-2021, 02:57 PM
AK14

I thought Sancho was very good yesterday

Needs a proper run in the team now.

Unread 03-10-2021, 05:11 PM
westcoastvan

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
But you think Martial still has a chance
Well yes, yes I do.

I'd rather they have sold Lingard, but if they can get good money for Martial, well then....off he goes.

Unread 03-10-2021, 06:44 PM
My Name is Heath

Pogba must go.

He is not reliable enough for us to play in a 2 and he doesn’t offer enough goal threat for that valuable Rashford role on the left.

If we insist on 4-2-3-1 then Pogba must go.

The only way we play with Pogba is a 3-5-2

Unread 03-10-2021, 07:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Pogba must go.

He is not reliable enough for us to play in a 2 and he doesn’t offer enough goal threat for that valuable Rashford role on the left.

If we insist on 4-2-3-1 then Pogba must go.

The only way we play with Pogba is a 3-5-2
True. He gets picked on what he CAN do rather than what he DOES do. He’s not the best option in any position.

Unread 03-10-2021, 08:14 PM
red in cumbria

And on occasion does do, just nowhere near often enough.
Closed Thread