United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-08-2021, 03:31 PM
20LEgend1999

Premier League website showing a loan to West Ham. Doesn't make sense unless it's one similar to that they did for Benrahma last year (obligation to buy). More than likely just a mistake.

https://www.premierleague.com/player...ngard/overview

Edit: apparently it's just an error on the website

Unread 16-08-2021, 03:32 PM
dunk

Not sure you can loan someone to the end of their contract, it that makes sense that’s why most sign extensions before going out.

Unread 16-08-2021, 04:17 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not sure you can loan someone to the end of their contract, it that makes sense that’s why most sign extensions before going out.
Of course you can do it.

It's £#%&!ing stupid though as his contract runs out in the summer so they will then get him for free.

He was in Mykonos this weekend - clearly not a part of Ole's plan which is a delight.

Edit - I may have spoken too soon:

Quote:
“Don’t forget Jesse Lingard who has re-invented himself and has come back the man that we know he is with the quality. He is going to play a big part as well,” he told reporters after the 5-1 destruction of Leeds.

Unread 16-08-2021, 04:20 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Of course you can do it.

It's £#%&!ing stupid though as his contract runs out in the summer so they will then get him for free.

He was in Mykonos this weekend - clearly not a part of Ole's plan which is a delight.

Edit - I may have spoken too soon:
He's 28, 29 in December.

Shouldn't get more than a 2-year deal at most thank goodness.

Unread 16-08-2021, 05:53 PM
Neo

Angry

Considering he's approaching 30 you'd think the player would be a bit more forceful in pushing for a move to somewhere he could actually play regularly before he's officially passed his peak.

Well, that's what you'd expect from a player who actually put the challenge of competitive sport ahead of the need to build off-field businesses. As it is, this @#%&! just wants to milk his association with United as much as possible for the benefit of the #JLingz brand.

Unread 16-08-2021, 09:15 PM
Buck

He had five months when he was drawing plaudits from all corners. Given he has spoken candidly about losing a lot of spark for the game the West Ham loan rekindled it clearly. He was a great fit for them. He could even get a higher level move which is far better at his age than hanging around for someone toget injured here in order to just make the bench.

Unread 16-08-2021, 09:36 PM
Dr Stranger

Really thought he’d just bugger off to West Ham.

I really hope all this ‘Part of the plans’ talk is one big game of chicken.

Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, James, Martial, Mata, Amad. There is no room for him. Please £#%&! off.

Unread 16-08-2021, 09:54 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Pogba, James, Martial, Mata, Amad. There is no room for him. Please £#%&! off.
And take your pals Jones and Pereira with you

Unread 16-08-2021, 10:46 PM
woody78

Quote:

Unread 16-08-2021, 10:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody78
Whether we like him or not, he’s part of the plans.

Unread 16-08-2021, 10:48 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Whether we like him or not, he’s part of the plans.
I actually quite like him child trapped in a child's body

Unread 16-08-2021, 11:01 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
I like him more than Lingard. And he can improve. Lingard won’t. He’s had his chance. He’s the past and a shit one at that. Cheers for the FA Cup final goal, now £#%&! off.

Unread 16-08-2021, 11:13 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Thought he did OK on Saturday. Made a nuisance of himself and nicked a few important balls off them. Somtimes you just need someone like that.

Unread 16-08-2021, 11:17 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
Thought he did OK on Saturday. Made a nuisance of himself and nicked a few important balls off them. Somtimes you just need someone like that.
he is quick and he grafts. bit like me, except I'm slow

Unread 16-08-2021, 11:46 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
In a great position for Greenwood’s goal to tap in any rebound too.

Unread 16-08-2021, 11:48 PM
armchair

Please ensure your post is relevant to "Jesseh £#%&!ing Lingard." before hitting the post button

Unread 17-08-2021, 12:46 AM
Stickman

Lingard's time is up, but he's a better player than Dan James.

Unread 17-08-2021, 08:14 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Lingard's time is up, but he's a better player than Dan James.
Ole doesn't think so tbf

Neither do I actually. James is very effective in the right game/ setup. He's just not a first team player, which he won't be now Sancho has arrived. Lingard is just.... meh

Unread 17-08-2021, 08:50 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Ole doesn't think so tbf

Neither do I actually. James is very effective in the right game/ setup. He's just not a first team player, which he won't be now Sancho has arrived. Lingard is just.... meh

Good one.

In a League One game, maybe. In a game which requires a lot of running and falling on the ground.

Unread 17-08-2021, 09:06 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles

Good one.

In a League One game, maybe. In a game which requires a lot of running and falling on the ground.
You probably missed the games I'm talking about as they clashed with Chelsea's fixtures