£#%&!ing hell.....

Unread 17-01-2023, 06:48 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
A lifelong United fan

£#%&!ing hell.....
And?

Who do you think understands this club and it’s position in the world better - a life long united fan or a sovereign state that developed an interest in footy and its potential to sports wash approx. 3 years ago?

If your argument is about who has the biggest money and what do we need to compete then they’re different questions. And there maybe is an argument that we need Middle East cash to compete with city. But I don’t think we do. We’re one point off them whilst carrying the biggest debt of any sports club in the world you silly @#%&!.

Unread 17-01-2023, 06:48 PM
goldfinger II

I want to believe.

Unread 17-01-2023, 06:50 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
And?

Who do you think understands this club and it’s position in the world better - a life long united fan or a sovereign state that developed an interest in footy and its potential to sports wash approx. 3 years ago?

If your argument is about who has the biggest money and what do we need to compete then they’re different questions. And there maybe is an argument that we need Middle East cash to compete with city. But I don’t think we do. We’re one point off them whilst carrying the biggest debt of any sports club in the world you silly @#%&!.
Spot on pal.

Unread 17-01-2023, 06:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Oh no, we’d only end up with the richest man in Britain. What a horrific outcome.

It's Jim or tech giant for me....

Manchester United an oil club all that history from newton heath railway workers through the babes too fergie etc, sold to the middle East......

What an absolute mess that works cup was in hindsight, a global success, look at us, we can do sport, have some backlava when you leave the stadium, free metro and an islam pamphlet....

Would rather keep the glazers....

Quote:
And?

Post...

Unread 17-01-2023, 06:52 PM
dunk

Don’t want any of them tbh, but if we have to have one of them, the wealthiest seems to be the best option.

Unread 17-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Dr Stranger

How much money do we actually need though? We don’t need literally the richest people in the world. We’ve got people moaning on the one hand that we’re selling out….but the best case scenario of a United fan buying us and it’s “he’s not rich enough!”.

Unread 17-01-2023, 06:55 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
And?

Well said.

Unread 17-01-2023, 06:58 PM
Denis Irwell

The first bidder

Hope he’s the one that the parasites accept

Unread 17-01-2023, 06:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Don’t want any of them tbh, but if we have to have one of them, the wealthiest seems to be the best option.
Best for what ? as others have said we're one point off city with one of the biggest debts in world football ..

Just reinvest revenue and sort out the other problems, with Erik in charge we will be in top anyway ..

One of the nation's mooted literally flew in a death squad and chopped a guys body up on European soil because he wrote nasty things about them...

You have to have some self respect....

How w mocked city in Thier tea towel hats outside the emtihad, are you sewing one now pal ?

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:00 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
That’s a terrible take pal and a bit of a surprise from you.

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:05 PM
jem

#wearejim

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:06 PM
dunk

Quote:
That’s a terrible take pal and a bit of a surprise from you.
Tbh pal I just want us on an even playing field with the best around at this point, and that’s the bottomless pit of cash that City are, sadly. I’d rather football wasn’t dictated by who can waste the most money without affecting the club, but here we are. The moral high ground hasn’t exactly been the most fulfilling place to be.

I have grave doubts about all billionaires too, Ratcliffe included.

I don’t fancy us being owned and driven by being a business first and foremost when realistically our main rivals aren’t. Add Newcastle and Saudi plus Liverpool and potentially Qatar into it, and being the only ones trying to balance books isn’t particularly appealing.

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:13 PM
jem

Quote:
I have grave doubts about all billionaires too, Ratcliffe included.
he has kind eyes.

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:16 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
It would prove worse than what we have now - mercenaries signing for us for £200 mil as we get locked into an arms race with the rest of the state owned clubs.

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Oh no, we’d only end up with the richest man in Britain. What a horrific outcome.
That's proper made me chuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
How much money do we actually need though? We don’t need literally the richest people in the world. We’ve got people moaning on the one hand that we’re selling out….but the best case scenario of a United fan buying us and it’s “he’s not rich enough!”.
I think what people want, and rightly so, is someone who's not buying United on the 'never never'. After 18 years of enormous debt and mis-management it would be nice if we weren't just swapping one bunch of debt juggling @#%&!s for another.

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That's proper made me chuckle

I think what people want, and rightly so, is someone who's not buying United on the 'never never'. After 18 years of enormous debt and mis-management it would be nice if we weren't just swapping one bunch of debt juggling @#%&!s for another.
I think there’s something in between. Hopefully that’s him.

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:34 PM
Selhurst Samurai

We have lift off…

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
It would prove worse than what we have now - mercenaries signing for us for £200 mil as we get locked into an arms race with the rest of the state owned clubs.
That doesn’t happen if those running the joint are hellbent on being the absolute best in class, which is why it was very short lived with City.

They were starting from zero and stealing key players from rivals, that wouldn’t be required here.

Unread 17-01-2023, 07:36 PM
Ethers

Quote:
That doesn’t happen if those running the joint are hellbent on being the absolute best in class, which is why it was very short lived with City.

They were starting from zero and stealing key players from rivals, that wouldn’t be required here.
You can have people running the club, or aspects of the club, who are dedicated to being the best, without also being owned by “the richest”.

You’re falling into an easy trap by equating the wealthiest with being the best.