United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-12-2009, 11:52 PM
marlo

Default Re: OFFICIAL: Hull v United thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
When Berbatov gets the ball, today anyway, he just laid it off to the nearest man with a toe poke. There was no pass and run forward, just a toe poke to the nearest man, 2 yards, then walked off. And thats not even exagerating,.
yep i call that a 'berbie'

def -
a nonchalent pass usually on the boundary area approaching the final third.

todays game was a wierd one.we just aren't playing well and a better team might have got a result against us like fulham last week.

we definately need to buy in january because as it stands i don't think we have enough to win those clutch games in the run in.especially if rooney picks up an injury.

berbatov isn't injured.and if he is carrying an injury,its just like strikers who play carrying injuries.(fabregas today, torres against us..if a player has the right injection their level of performance shouldn't dip to a point where your struggling to see some sort of tangible contribution.....)

big dazza had a good game. good ball for the first goal and superb all round game. carried carrick which doesn't suprise me to be honest.

evra is superhuman but lost his head probably due to the levels some of his team mates are playing at.

kick run cross performances against decent outfits should be noted.

lil da silva(a or b) had a decent game.

rooney is really the man. stepped up and although he didn't play well he pulled us out of shit.14 league goals this season before january

Unread 28-12-2009, 12:36 AM
History

Evra needs a rest, I say leave him out for wigan and leeds. When evra plays well, it does normally mean we play well.

Unread 28-12-2009, 12:41 AM
RedMenace

No harm to give Fabio a game or two now he's fit again. He should be ok in those games.

Unread 28-12-2009, 12:49 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
No harm to give Fabio a game or two now he's fit again. He should be ok in those games.
I'd give him the next 3 games.

Unread 28-12-2009, 08:32 AM
borsuk

we'd be crazy to start both twins. either of them, yes, but not both. they make far too many mistakes as yet and the defence barely covered rafael a few times yesterday. it's to be expected, he's still learning, but we'd be asking for trouble with both starting.

evra will get a rest when o'shea or evans comes back, not before.

Unread 28-12-2009, 09:44 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
we'd be crazy to start both twins. either of them, yes, but not both. they make far too many mistakes as yet and the defence barely covered rafael a few times yesterday. it's to be expected, he's still learning, but we'd be asking for trouble with both starting.

Not from what I saw they didn't. They didn't need to as he played well. Held his position well enough and the only time he was caught out was when he came across to cut the pass out which eventually led to Hunts miss. He had to do that.

Other than that, when Hull tried to isolate him one on one he wasn't fazed and dealt with the situation(s) well. 9/10 he won the ball too, and won more than his fair share of headers. He was a great threat going forwards too which is vital in our system at the moment with such a bland centre midfield.

Unread 28-12-2009, 09:57 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Not from what I saw they didn't. They didn't need to as he played well. Held his position well enough and the only time he was caught out was when he came across to cut the pass out which eventually led to Hunts miss. He had to do that.

Other than that, when Hull tried to isolate him one on one he wasn't fazed and dealt with the situation(s) well. 9/10 he won the ball too, and won more than his fair share of headers. He was a great threat going forwards too which is vital in our system at the moment with such a bland centre midfield.
i agree he played well but there were at least three occasions i noted where he got caught out. can't remember them off the top of my head though.

i'd need to watch it again but i don't think he had to come across that time. he needed to stay with his man, vidic was in the middle iirc and there was no need to grant them the overlap.

anyway, i'd like us to play rafael consistently now as our first choice rb for the majority of games, strength permitting. i think he'll develop best in a solid back four, playing both the twins together might not help them very much at all.

speaking of centre midfield, with park back and berbatov not exactly convincing i'd love to see valencia play inside, as part of a three. he'd give us real thrust and he's got the defensive nous to play the role - he does it for ecuador a lot already.

something like

keeper
back four
carrick
valencia - fletcher
park - rooney - giggs

scholes as cover for carrick, anderson for fletcher or valencia, obertan/welbeck for either wing, berbatov for rooney

with carrick covering the full backs would be able to get up a lot. with the players we have atm it just looks a natural formation for us, solid and flexible.

Unread 28-12-2009, 09:59 AM
rebelcountyred

Quote:

agree with that, thought he did well defensively, not to mention when he popped up in the hull penalty area unlucky not to score, good save tbf.

Unread 28-12-2009, 11:09 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

I thought he was quality yesterday.

Agree with Whalers about his performance.

Unread 28-12-2009, 11:18 AM
wiganste

This thread

Unread 28-12-2009, 12:16 PM
Gruber

is there going to be a man of the match thread or am i being a blind @#%&!?

Unread 28-12-2009, 12:35 PM
Sparky***

I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday, maybe too much red bull.

In retrospect, yes we played pretty poor at times- but we won after a pretty crushing defeat last weekend.

I really, really hope we can get a run going now - because as disjointed as we've been over the last month, Chelsea haven't been much better and they've missed a golden opportunity to pull away from us - they must be kicking themselves.

FWIW, i think we'll smash wigan on wednesday night.

Unread 28-12-2009, 12:36 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
you won't be saying that come match thread

Unread 28-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
you won't be saying that come match thread
Oh god no.

Unread 28-12-2009, 12:58 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Oh god no.

Unread 28-12-2009, 01:29 PM
Wez

Thumbs up Re: OFFICIAL: Hull v United thread. (Teams, links + doom)

Quote:
I don't know what was wrong with me yesterday, maybe too much red bull.

In retrospect, yes we played pretty poor at times- but we won after a pretty crushing defeat last weekend.

I really, really hope we can get a run going now - because as disjointed as we've been over the last month, Chelsea haven't been much better and they've missed a golden opportunity to pull away from us - they must be kicking themselves.

Thats more like it Sparky

Unread 28-12-2009, 02:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

yeah but don't you think he's positionally naive for a 20*year old and shouldn't be played til he's at least older and less positionally naive for a 20 year old?

*how old is he?

Unread 28-12-2009, 02:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yeah but don't you think he's positionally naive for a 20*year old and shouldn't be played til he's at least older and less positionally naive for a 20 year old?

*how old is he?

Unread 28-12-2009, 02:42 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
has anybody said anything like that?