United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-02-2019, 02:03 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
don't get this " our fans don't sing" nonsense

so what?

I go to the game to watch football - the idea of singing or chanting seems very strange. Celebrate if we score, that's about it
spoken like a true protestant.

Unread 13-02-2019, 02:05 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
spoken like a true protestant.
how dare you

they're even worse than catholics

Unread 13-02-2019, 02:21 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
£#%&!ing £#%&!ers, pal. What with their cravats, berets, onion throwing and existentialist chants.

“Being is. Being is in-itself. Being is what it is. OK!”
Post.

Unread 13-02-2019, 02:45 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We had no idea how to get our forwards involved in the game either. that was partly because PSG went man-for-man on us, but it was also because our distribution from the back is just utter shite most of the time. Our forwards need to do better when teams are aggressive and get close to them. Rashford had the right idea - quick touches round the corner when defenders get too close. But that soon died when we couldn't get the ball to him.

We could get rid of every single one of that back 4 that started yesterday and I honestly don't think anyone here would miss them. They are, at best, decent and at worst just utterly pointless.
Don't disagree with much of that tbf, but I think Lindelof has the potential. Just needs better players around him.

We know Young is just a stop gap, but I have serious doubts about Shaw long-term. I just don't think he's as good as people seem to think. He's ok, but his stock was never higher than when he wasn't selected and five years of wingers playing as full backs had really starved us of what an actual full back looks like. We were willing to accept anything.

Jones is shit. Smalling is better, but they've had a combined 15 years to nail down a regular place and failed. See ya.

Rojo is the worst of the lot and needs shipping asap.

Actually, Darmian is the worst. Utterly pointless and unforgivable sideburns.

Bailly is playing his way nicely out of contention these days too.

We won't get rid of them all at once, of course, but we definitely need a 'proper centre half' and a right back.

Unread 13-02-2019, 02:48 PM
shenwen

Quote:
£#%&!ing £#%&!ers, pal. What with their cravats, berets, onion throwing and existentialist chants.

We’ll get them back when we go three up in the 2nd leg

“Who the fouc, who the fouc
Who the Foucault hell are you”

(Coat already gotten )

Unread 13-02-2019, 02:56 PM
no fun

Quote:

Sartre said "Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees.”

hope someone tells phil jones

Unread 13-02-2019, 03:05 PM
doudou

Your average PSG fan is more likely to be out terrorising immigrants than wearing a turtleneck discussing L'Être et le Néant while smoking Gitanes FFS

Unread 13-02-2019, 03:21 PM
ziggyman17

Since Fergie retired, we have had more managers than top 4 finishes..

Unread 13-02-2019, 03:28 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Your average PSG fan is more likely to be out terrorising immigrants than wearing a turtleneck discussing L'Être et le Néant while smoking Gitanes FFS
from my observations last night it seems unlikely they would be terrorising immigrants

Unread 13-02-2019, 03:35 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
from my observations last night it seems unlikely they would be terrorising immigrants
Shouldn't generalise I suppose, but they're notorious in France for far-right connections

Unread 13-02-2019, 03:46 PM
Hands of Scone

Quote:

Unread 13-02-2019, 04:31 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
We’ll get them back when we go three up in the 2nd leg

“Who the fouc, who the fouc
Who the Foucault hell are you”

(Coat already gotten )
you're gonna win foucault....

(I don't want to piss in your chips, but....)

Unread 13-02-2019, 04:49 PM
waynes ear's

Spot the fredster shitting himself

Unread 13-02-2019, 04:53 PM
dragflick

Unread 13-02-2019, 05:12 PM
ScarFace

still gutted about last night. absolute @#%&!s.

Unread 13-02-2019, 05:22 PM
waynes ear's

also

Unread 13-02-2019, 05:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Shouldn't generalise I suppose, but they're notorious in France for far-right connections
Somehow this does not surprise

Unread 13-02-2019, 05:56 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
still gutted about last night. absolute @#%&!s.
Disgraceful night all round.

Root and branch needed.

Dont tell me im crazy for wanting leadership gone and loads of players binned. Now or never.

Unread 13-02-2019, 06:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Disgraceful night all round.

Root and branch needed.

Dont tell me im crazy for wanting leadership gone and loads of players binned. Now or never.
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/searc...archid=2670456

Hmm, you said similar about getting rid of players, nowhere near as harsh following the Seville Surrender though...

Unread 13-02-2019, 06:22 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
https://www.utdforum.com/forum/searc...archid=2670456

Hmm, you said similar about getting rid of players, nowhere near as harsh following the Seville Surrender though...
We had a manager that I was prepared to back to keep building on the good work of his first season. Now he has failed and we are at a crossroads.

It really is critical we do something big now. Giving Ole the job full time would set him up for failure if the same system is in place....

Damn you really went back to the seville match thread to try and 'get' me. Cmon man, why would I react significantly different to these cl exits. We have the same issues as we've had for 5 years. Woody out.