United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:10 PM
Wez

Enjoyed that

dunk

Once they knew they didn’t have to worry about Lingard and Martial they could attack with more bodies, not worried about the pace on the counter.

Matic wants £#%&!ing shooting for allowing Kimpembe in behind him, as that gave them the platform.

Dasilvatwins

Positives. Jose would have lost 3 nil with fellaini on the pitch and claiming he was doing utd a favour.

It was always wishful thinking that they were going to beat psg. First goal matic was poor. Think ole #@&%!ed up with sticking mata and young on the same side. Maybe go with rashford on the wing with lukaku on.

Pogba will get a rest. Season maybe £#%&!ed with lingard and martial out. Sanchez and mata are dog turd .

Important few weeks for ole. See what he has. Could be worse , could have got royally dicked 5 nil on another day with that performance.

Play the kids in 2nd leg.

Bunker Buster

That was a kick in the @#%&!.

£#%&! Sanchez
£#%&! the ref
£#%&! Sparky

silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Is that still an insult nowadays ? Who the £#%&! doesn't eat garlic this century ?

Still I suppose it's gone down well with the egg and chips crowd
I doubt I’m the only one who is sick of your snooty, ‘well travelled’ holier than tho opinions

‘Ooh I’ve lived in Asia, read the Guardian and drive a Prius. Ooh I don’t eat meat or watch blood sports or pick my nose’

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
PSG are not that good. We let them grow into the game. Poor stuff from our club in europe again.

But this is the sort of club that supposedly are panicking and making a decision now that doesnt need to be made or even looked at till May.

This is the sort of club that gives contracts to perennial losers like Young, Jones and Smalling. Honestly we'd be better off letting them go on frees.

The club is deeply sick.
Got what you wanted pal. Pleased for you

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Such a disappointing night. Expected so much more....

... but I don't feel too down about it. We always knew this might be on the cards.

It shouldn't distract too much from the progress we've made in the last few weeks.

The task given to ole was to bring back some positivity, get this side playing to their potential.

He has done that. On nights like tonight, We see the limits of that side.

I'll take that and being beaten by a quality side over the shithousery of Sevilla last season.

We have a chance to react now. Knock Chelsea out the cup. Beat Liveprool. Get that top four place and build around a promising start to a rebuild.
It's not often you get reminded of THE standard . And it's got to such an extent that most of us have forgotten what it looks like. A good run playing mostly dross had obviously got a few people understandably carried away..fair enough.

But i knew how this was gonna go when i saw carrick giving them all a £#%&!ing huddle/pep talk before the game, they all £#%&!ing froze.

And the defence? All of them are nowhere near good enough. PSG's players were throwing themselves infront of everything - ours can't even mark people at corners.

Well if we ever have any ambitions about challenging for this competition again I think it's fair to say most of that first team are in need of a serious upgrade.

Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Such a disappointing night. Expected so much more....

... but I don't feel too down about it. We always knew this might be on the cards.

It shouldn't distract too much from the progress we've made in the last few weeks.

The task given to ole was to bring back some positivity, get this side playing to their potential.

He has done that. On nights like tonight, We see the limits of that side.

I'll take that and being beaten by a quality side over the shithousery of Sevilla last season.

We have a chance to react now. Knock Chelsea out the cup. Beat Liveprool. Get that top four place and build around a promising start to a rebuild.

Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Big reality check that.

How we react to the setback in the next match is a big test for Ole, particularly with the injuries.
It’s more a test for the character and confidence of the players.

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:12 PM
sa7

Awful.

£#%&!ing hated nearly every minute of that @#%&!fest.

Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Sanchez was gash, Mata too slow, Pogba stupid for the two cards. Martial and Radford looked lost. Martial couldn't control the ball...

Put it down to experience, pick ourselves up and move on. Injuries could be worrying
Shaw played a shit pass for pogba he had to challenge for it. If he didnt stick a leg out people would be seething that he wasnt commited. Ref £#%&!ed up. Their 1st goalscorer shouldnt have been on the pitch

TripDownMiseryLane

Considering the black hole we've come out of and the quality of who we were up against I'm not overly pissed, Beat the skaus, get 4th and win the fa cup and the season is a resounding success. All to play for without the ecl getting in the way.

AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Once they knew they didn’t have to worry about Lingard and Martial they could attack with more bodies, not worried about the pace on the counter.

Matic wants £#%&!ing shooting for allowing Kimpembe in behind him, as that gave them the platform.
So the opening 5 minutes?...

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:13 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Matic was probably the only guy who turned up in a red shirt tonight, chill out.

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Matic was probably the only guy who turned up in a red shirt tonight, chill out.
No mate. He was toss. Ran about a bit for 20 minutes, tired horribly and cost us a goal.

And Ashley £#%&!ing Young

Mr_Ed

Very sobering... hopefully the club will do something about it over and above renewing some of Fergie purchases

Sparky***

Quote:
Exactly i don't really see how you can single him out. Every single one of them were poor. Or more importantly were made to look poor.

They came up against a team that were utterly superior in every department and they had no clue what to do.

puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's not often you get reminded of THE standard . And it's got to such an extent that most of us have forgotten what it looks like. A good run playing mostly dross had obviously got a few people understandably carried away..fair enough.

But i knew how this was gonna go when i saw carrick giving them all a £#%&!ing huddle/pep talk before the game, they all £#%&!ing froze.

And the defence? All of them are nowhere near good enough. PSG's players were throwing themselves infront of everything - ours can't even mark people at corners.

Well if we ever have any ambitions about challenging for this competition again I think it's fair to say most of that first team are in need of a serious upgrade.
Nobody cares you cockney @#%&!

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:15 PM
AK14

Quote:
Yep, did well tbf to him.

Unread 12-02-2019, 11:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Nobody cares you cockney @#%&!
Oh dear.

Mongo angry.