United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-09-2010, 09:06 PM
Grimson

Default Re: Ruud van Nistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
I know 13 year olds you would trust with a vote and adults who shouldn't be able to even have kids, so age means nothing, unless you want to throw mud at an argument rather than use facts of the matter to discount it.
There are always exceptions. I think in general adults have more reasoned opinions than 13-year-olds, so age does indeed matter.

Unread 04-09-2010, 09:08 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
There are always exceptions. I think in general adults have more reasoned opinions than 13-year-olds, so age does indeed matter.
Gog Coch being a case in point. That may be due to dementia though tbf.

Unread 04-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Sorry if that's bullshit to you or the opinion of a tot, but I know 13 year olds you would trust with a vote and adults who shouldn't be able to even have kids, so age means nothing, unless you want to throw mud at an argument rather than use facts of the matter to discount it.
tbf wouldn't you agree there aren't really any facts being used here. It's just down to opinion and people's preferences. Even your argument is just that United was more 'entertaining' after Ruud, and 'entertaining' is clearly subjective. Not that I would disagree with you - your post until the part above was very reasoned.

Unread 04-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
my son doesn't come on here pal
superb

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
obertan, valencia, park,bebe, hernandes......
he's back

chill your beans dizzee

Unread 04-09-2010, 09:28 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
obertan, valencia, park,bebe, hernandes......
Bebe and hernandes have played £#%&! all games for utd compared to the shower of shite i listed.. Valencia had a great first season, Park is a good squad player,

Unread 04-09-2010, 10:24 PM
wiganste

The greatest goalscorer I have ever seen. Not many players will finish with a record like Ruud. To date, he has 338 goals in 534 games. That is £#%&!ing outstanding

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruud_van_Nistelrooy

His first 3 season with us, he was a monster. You just knew he'd put a chance away. It's £#%&!ing laughable reading some of the comments in this thread. He didn't score many (one wasn't it? Charlton away) from outside the area Who gives a £#%&!? It was a pleasure seeing him in a United shirt. A genuine world class player (not just a good striker ffs!)

Even in his final 2 seasons, he managed 40 goals and one of those seasons was injury ravaged.

Love the Ruud.

Unread 04-09-2010, 10:35 PM
BulgarianSpectator

As a striker or centre forward, you'd be hard pushed to find someone so clinical and have a good all-round game, he had a great first touch, worked hard, and was great - if not phenominal - in the air. However, I think he was better suited a slower-paced league or a formation / team that didn't expolit a counter-attack: I was forever frustrated with too many touches that delayed what could have been a quick break (as we had with Cole and especially Cole/Yorke before Ruud arrived).

He was also compared with Henry at the time and considered to be the poorer of the two. While Henry was faster, he also had the Arsenal team moulded around him, took the free kicks which Ruud didn't.

Was he to blame for the move to 4-5-1?
Did he work better with a partner?
How much better would he have been without two £#%&!ed-up knees?

Unread 05-09-2010, 01:51 AM
Stickman

surely the best settling in signing of the last 10 years at OT?

He hit the ground running in unbelievable fashion with that peach in the community shield and getting to 10 league goals within a couple of months. He looked like hed already had his first season with us under his belt right from the get go which was staggering considering what happened to him in 2000.

Unread 05-09-2010, 04:06 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
But Park has already been a success. As has Valencia.
absolutely. he brings in nearly 3.5m on his own from asia in sales, merchandise etc. Gill almost made it clear in a interview during the summer that park is indispensable since the amount of credit cards, sales, mutv subscriptions etc we have in asia because of him.

On the pitch? Nah. He is absolute dog shit.

Unread 05-09-2010, 08:01 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
absolutely. he brings in nearly 3.5m on his own from asia in sales, merchandise etc. Gill almost made it clear in a interview during the summer that park is indispensable since the amount of credit cards, sales, mutv subscriptions etc we have in asia because of him.

I actually tend to use Park as a barometer if you will to judge how well people actually know their football.

Those who dont rate him tend to be the ones who have never kicked a ball in their lives.

Unread 05-09-2010, 08:59 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I actually tend to use Park as a barometer if you will to judge how well people actually know their football.

Those who dont rate him tend to be the ones who have never kicked a ball in their lives.
whatever! I don't understand what that first sentence means anyway.

Unread 05-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Stickman

Quote:
whatever! I don't understand what that first sentence means anyway.
you can normally tell if somebody knows there onions or not by whether or not they see Park as a valuable squad member.

Unread 05-09-2010, 09:09 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
you can normally tell if somebody knows there onions or not by whether or not they see Park as a valuable squad member.
I have an irrational hatred for the fall over @#%&!. Yeah he may be a valuable squad member for a few big matches in the season. But just knowing that makes me even more angry.

Unread 05-09-2010, 10:41 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickman
surely the best settling in signing of the last 10 years at ot?

He hit the ground running in unbelievable fashion with that peach in the community shield and getting to 10 league goals within a couple of months. He looked like hed already had his first season with us under his belt right from the get go which was staggering considering what happened to him in 2000.
cr7

Unread 05-09-2010, 10:54 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Yeah, playing in big games (and playing well in a lot of them) and also scoring the odd goal in big games means he is 'absolute dog shit'. Nobody is saying he is a top player, but he's a great squad player and already proved to be a success at United.

If only he was Spanish or Portuguese, aye?!

Unread 05-09-2010, 11:07 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Yeah, playing in big games (and playing well in a lot of them) and also scoring the odd goal in big games means he is 'absolute dog shit'. Nobody is saying he is a top player, but he's a great squad player and already proved to be a success at United.

If only he was Spanish or Portuguese, aye?!
spanish or portugese doesn't make any difference to me ffs My favorite footballer ever is Roy Keane. And he is from £#%&!ing ireland.

If region was a criteria I would have supported him since I am from Asian region also. Just don't see the point of him.

Unread 05-09-2010, 11:28 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
spanish or portugese doesn't make any difference to me ffs My favorite footballer ever is Roy Keane. And he is from £#%&!ing ireland.

If region was a criteria I would have supported him since I am from Asian region also. Just don't see the point of him.
I dont see the point of you

Unread 05-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular
I dont see the point of you
To make the rest of us feel better about ourselves.

Unread 05-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
cr7
not even near, debut aside.

Unread 05-09-2010, 12:06 PM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42ndstreet irregular