United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:18 PM
UnitedRoad81

Default Re: Odds on Keane getting the sack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
When did I say Roy Keane was a great manager? Don't make things up - you look even sillier when you do.

Now, do I class taking Sunderland from the relegation places, to winning the Championship, to comfortable Premiership safety, as doing very well? Yes. I think by any reasonable standard that is a job well done.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:24 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Am I imagining this or did Sunderland stay up because other teams lost on the last game of the season? Sunderland weren't safe at all. They could easily have gone down if Newcastle weren't as big a joke as they currently are.
You are wrong, as usual. Keane secured safety for Sunderland in April.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:25 PM
UnitedRoad81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
It's remarkable how many average players have done well in management. On the other hand, the best side in the world is managed by a very good player. One of the best managers we've had in England, Brian Clough had a phenomenal record until injury ended his career.

I get your point though but it's no excuse.
Clough only did it in the bottom end of division one and in the second division. Suppose its how we class a great player. I'd class keane as a great players but not Clough. I take your point with Foreign teams, they seem to have done ok.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Ooh get you. You're a joker.

Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Am I imagining this or did Sunderland stay up because other teams lost on the last game of the season? Sunderland weren't safe at all. They could easily have gone down if Newcastle weren't as big a joke as they currently are.
I think they could have gone down if other results went against them on the last day. They got stuffed by Chelsea at home but as all the teams below them lost too they stayed up

UnitedRoad81

Quote:
Wow. I know you love Keane, I do, from a United point of view, but apart from his first season he has done £#%&! all. His signings for sunderland were awful.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:29 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
I think they could have gone down if other results went against them on the last day. They got stuffed by Chelsea at home but as all the teams below them lost too they stayed up
Is the correct answer. On the last day the NE had 4 teams battling it out for 2 relegation spots. Hull, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough. They all lost didn't they? Sunderland would have been down if Shearer's Newcastle had won. That John Blazine chap is trying to re-write history.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Coracao

A Keano thread and Sniffer is in here slagging him off.

Shock. Horror.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:39 PM
borsuk

Quote:
1923: The camera, for reasons best known to itself, pans to a, er, how shall I say?... overweight Newcastle fan, with his top off. As he punches his fist, the ensuing ripples seem to go on for ever.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
A Keano thread and Sniffer is in here slagging him off.

Shock. Horror.
Oh shut up you tart. I'm teh only person on here not allowed an opinion. Go back and read what I've posted in this thread.

Quote:
Judging by how he looked then when the camera was on him I'd say there's more chance of him getting charged with murder. I wouldn't want to be the guy Keane blames at the end of this match.
Quote:
Guardiola is doing alright at Barca.
Quote:
It didn't count when City won it.
Quote:
It's remarkable how many average players have done well in management. On the other hand, the best side in the world is managed by a very good player. One of the best managers we've had in England, Brian Clough had a phenomenal record until injury ended his career.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Is the correct answer. On the last day the NE had 4 teams battling it out for 2 relegation spots. Hull, Newcastle, Sunderland and Middlesborough. They all lost didn't they? Sunderland would have been down if Shearer's Newcastle had won. That John Blazine chap is trying to re-write history.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:42 PM
Father Christmas

Keane should walk and blame the board. Then history can be rewritten and 12 months from now we'll be hearing what a success he was at Ipswich.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Oh shut up you tart. I'm teh only person on here not allowed an opinion. Go back and read what I've posted in this thread.
You're just a boring £#%&!tard, posting absolute shite.

Some things never change in 4um land.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:46 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Judging by how he looked then when the camera was on him I'd say there's more chance of him getting charged with murder. I wouldn't want to be the guy Keane blames at the end of this match.
Quote:
Guardiola is doing alright at Barca.
Quote:
It didn't count when City won it.
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
You're just a boring £#%&!tard, posting absolute shite.

Some things never change in 4um land.
Fortunately I'm unconcerned by your opinion of me. You seem to see criticism where there is none. Stop being so sensitive you big girls blouse.

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:48 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedRoad81
Im still puzzled why you think he is a great or even good manager
£#%&! me, do you have reading problems? I've never said he's a great manager, or a good one. I said he did a good job at Sunderland, up until the very end when he saw his arse. Is this clear enough for you or should I post some pictures?

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:50 PM
borsuk

grrr. it's like angry hour at an arse watching convention

Unread 26-09-2009, 07:55 PM
UnitedRoad81

Quote:
£#%&! me, do you have reading problems? I've never said he's a great manager, or a good one. I said he did a good job at Sunderland, up until the very end when he saw his arse. Is this clear enough for you or should I post some pictures?
I originally said "great players dont make great managers". Then you poped up giving examples of what he did at sunderland and saying i looked silly (great word by the way, are you a student?). I took that as you meaning in some way he was a great manager or even a good manager. I didnt realise you were in fact agreeing with me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

By the way, dont post things you wouldnt say to my face

Unread 26-09-2009, 09:14 PM
armchair

Done brutal against all the demoted clubs so far. If we see the beard make an appearance then that'll be it.

The plan when he joined was to get promotion within two years. It's a funny division that, they'll probably still make the play-offs.

Unread 26-09-2009, 11:33 PM
Ethers

Quote:
I originally said "great players dont make great managers". Then you poped up giving examples of what he did at sunderland and saying i looked silly (great word by the way, are you a student?). I took that as you meaning in some way he was a great manager or even a good manager. I didnt realise you were in fact agreeing with me. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
No, you said he should give up being a manager and stop making a fool of himself. I pointed out he hardly made a fool of himself at Sunderland, in fact he did quite well. Then you saw your arse a couple of times.

Apology accepted though.

Quote:
Ohh, nice move. The subtle implication that you're so £#%&!ing nails in real life that nobody has ever been foolish enough to disagree with you.

Well, I dare you to tell me what I should post to my face. I £#%&!ing dare you!

Unread 26-09-2009, 11:56 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Quote:
Ohh, nice move. The subtle implication that you're so £#%&!ing nails in real life that nobody has ever been foolish enough to disagree with you.

Well, I dare you to tell me what I should post to my face. I £#%&!ing dare you!
Ooh a forum fight. Quite possibly the two hardest forumists going head to head. We should get this on PPV. By the way, he said your dad was gay and called your mum a slag. You're not going to stand for it are you?

Unread 27-09-2009, 12:36 AM
Tronics

hope he doesnt get sacked.

Ipswich were shite before he came. needs time. not more money.
Closed Thread