United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:31 PM
History

Default Re: Good interview with Gerard Pique about leaving United & Fergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
Yeh he said fergie accepted his request to leave not that he decided to cash in.

Pique asked to go but if fergie really wanted him to stay im sure he could have convinced him

He couldnt promise him anything? You can't promise him more games, as he was facing an uphill battle when you have the best partnership in europe ahead of you.

Plus when you factor his home team, family reasons etc.. the decision was more than a footballing one.

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
He couldnt promise him anything? You can't promise him more games, as he was facing an uphill battle when you have the best partnership in europe ahead of you.

and O'Shea

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:41 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

Plus when you factor his home team, family reasons etc.. the decision was more than a footballing one.
Boo £#%&!ing hoo, he was under contract, young he could easily been told if we wanted to sit tight another year and force his way in.

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:54 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
Boo £#%&!ing hoo, he was under contract, young he could easily been told if we wanted to sit tight another year and force his way in.
His contract was running out the next year. With Rio being the best CB in the world at the time, there also being Vidic and Evans + Brown who stepped in at CB a couple of times in the run in and was superb esp at home to Barca. It was no surprise we sold him, Would be nice to have kept him but not really a massive blow that he went.

You seem to be on some sort of anti Fergie crusade of late. Sort yourself out.

Unread 04-09-2010, 06:02 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

it was definately the right decision for pique to leave in his perspective in football and family terms.
wish he hadn't though, one of my favourite players in the world right now

Unread 04-09-2010, 06:15 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

i don't think evans has started that badly. bearing in mind united are generally all over the shop in the first few games of the season and the fact he's faced carroll and zamora, who are along with drogba probably the most physically imposing no 9s in the league, and who both understandably targeted him as the least experienced defender in the side, i think he's done ok.
As they would have Pique, and he would have probably dealt with it a lot worse than Evans has.

Unread 04-09-2010, 06:21 PM
safingtons

Evans has handled Drogba well everytime he's faced him.

Vs Fulham was the first time I saw him manhandled by a big striker tbh.

Had some bad games vs Everton and Milan away but those are the only ones that stick out, he's been very consistent since breaking through in 2008 imo and we will see one hell of a player in a few years time.

We've produced 3 definite world class centre halves in recent years in Evans, Pique and Shawcross. Cathcart and Chester have looked ok too.

Unread 04-09-2010, 07:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

well that's that then

Ferguson was told to sell him and anyway he agreed with the coaches that Pique is shit

Pique was just using Barca to test United's loyalty

yet another glaring howler from Ferguson to tarnish his over-hyped career

Unread 04-09-2010, 07:30 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Good interview with Gerard Pique about leaving United & Fergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yet another glaring howler from Ferguson to tarnish his over-hyped career
I think that's the general consensus of those contributing to this thread.

Unread 04-09-2010, 07:35 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I think that's the general consensus of those contributing to this thread.
full of daft bastards tbh

Unread 04-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Liu Jian

Nothing like a bit of melodrama to emphasise what a #@&%! you are.

The biggest issue with Pique is his lack of pace. Come to think of it, both him and Puyol are slow-coaches.

Unread 04-09-2010, 07:37 PM
MUFC One Love

Don't think anyone is saying it has tarnished Fergie's career. Fergie listens to his colleagues etc a lot, as anyone manager does, no matter how good they are.

I personally think we were right to let Pique go, don't think he was that great.

Unread 04-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Argentina

Ferguson sold him because he wouldn't quit the barbershop quartet he was part of.

Unread 04-09-2010, 08:59 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Ferguson sold him because he wouldn't quit the barbershop quartet he was part of.
Always wondered why he had fantastic hair, it was beautiful on some occasions.

Unread 04-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Crumps

Undoubtedly a good defender but his game is much more suited to Spain. I don't think he'd be rated quite as highly by some if he'd stayed here and had his weaknesses exploited over the course of a full season.

It amuses me that some people struggle with the concept that young players need games to develop and will also bitch and moan that they aren't good enough during the course of their development. It's a learning curve eejits.
Closed Thread