Closed Thread

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:07 PM
The Watcher

Football Good interview with Gerard Pique about leaving United & Fergie

http://sport.stv.tv/sports-centre/bi...-father-to-me/

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:30 PM
Sloane

Default Re: Good interview with Gerard Pique about leaving United & Fergie

listened to the united we stand podcast the other day.
andy mitten said that fergie wanted pique to stay but other members of the coaching staff told him they doubted he would ever be good enough for united so fergie decided to let him go

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:35 PM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up Re: Good interview with Gerard Pique about leaving United & Fergie

He's a beautiful man tbh.

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:36 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
andy mitten said that fergie wanted pique to stay but other members of the coaching staff told him they doubted he would ever be good enough for united so fergie decided to let him go
Yea, it was in Red News and UWS at the time. Obviously the same geniuses that thought Torres wouldn't cut it in the Premier League

Spoke with great affection about Fergie and United which was nice. I always thought he was a great talent, was disappointed he left. Used to love it when he'd charge into midfield with the ball

"I remember one day I was talking with Xavi and he said, for him, Paul Scholes was one of the best players he had ever seen."

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:41 PM
History

Quote:
Seems like mitters is talking abit of shit there.

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:44 PM
borsuk

nice.

fergie has so much respect from the players he's worked with.

scholes and xavi, players' players

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:44 PM
Liu Jian

It was Queiroz who didn't rate him wasn't it?

Pique is a better payer than Evans right now, but I'd say Evans is more suited to the Premier League, though he's started this season poorly.

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:45 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
It was Queiroz who didn't rate him wasn't it?

Pique is a better payer than Evans right now, but I'd say Evans is more suited to the Premier League, though he's started this season poorly.

Evans has had a really poor 2010 all together.

Really needs to get back to basics and stop thinking he's scholes with cross field passes.

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
that would certainly be Pique's pov by the sounds of it.

wonder how many letters Ferguson has written to players and how many will appear in the future.

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Cream

I know so little about football that I think Evans has started the season okay, considering he's third choise centre back.

I'm not being sniffy either.

Unread 04-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Evans has had a really poor 2010 all together.

Really needs to get back to basics and stop thinking he's scholes with cross field passes.
He's certainly been bullied on too many occasions. Still young, but needs to bulk and toughen up a bit. He's been caught out positionally a fair few times too. I think he's good on the ball though.

Unread 04-09-2010, 03:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
nice.

fergie has so much respect from the players he's worked with.

scholes and xavi, players' players
we should probably replace Scholes seeing as we might not get more than 30 games out of him

Unread 04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
we should probably replace Scholes seeing as we might not get more than 30 games out of him

Modric imo, I want to compare him with scholes, but scholes is nowhere near his class.

Unread 04-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Was that not the case?

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:15 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
He's a beautiful man tbh.
Ibrahimovic thinks so too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
It was pretty much down to deciding which to keep out of Pique and Evans. Pique only ever wanted to play for Barcelona, Evans only ever wanted to play for Manchester United. Sound decision on that score alone.

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:17 PM
History

Quote:
Was that not the case?
Quote:
“I remember when I went to his room to say that I wanted to leave because Barcelona was coming for me. It was my town, it was my club when I was young and I wanted to come back. He didn't want me to leave and said I had a future at the club and he expected a lot from me.

“But I wanted to leave and he wrote me a letter saying that it was really difficult and really hard for him to let me go to Barcelona.

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:22 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Modric imo, I want to compare him with scholes, but scholes is nowhere near his class.

i don't think evans has started that badly. bearing in mind united are generally all over the shop in the first few games of the season and the fact he's faced carroll and zamora, who are along with drogba probably the most physically imposing no 9s in the league, and who both understandably targeted him as the least experienced defender in the side, i think he's done ok.

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:23 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
I'd say it's likely some coaches didn't think he was good enough, there was a bit of that talk when Pique was still here tbh.

But no, Fergie writing him a letter proves it's all made up that 1-2 coaches may have thought Pique would not be good enough.

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:26 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I'd say it's likely some coaches didn't think he was good enough, there was a bit of that talk when Pique was still here tbh.

But no, Fergie writing him a letter proves it's all made up that 1-2 coaches may have thought Pique would not be good enough.
He said the reason fergie let him go was because the coaches didnt think he was good enough. When obviously thats not the case, Pique left because Pique wanted to go.

Never said it was made up about the coaches, just saying it seems like he was talking shit regarding thats the reason he was let go.

Unread 04-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Yeh he said fergie accepted his request to leave not that he decided to cash in.

Pique asked to go but if fergie really wanted him to stay im sure he could have convinced him
Closed Thread