Default Re: Ruud van Nistelrooy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReligiousRed
It's £#%&!ing quality mate. It's been sung (sort of) on many euro aways

Unread 03-09-2010, 11:39 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up Re: Ruud van Nistelrooy

Quote:
“It was harder to leave Manchester United. That was my club, like FC Den Bosch.

“Real Madrid was different. I had a tremendous time there and a warm relationship with the fans, but Real is more business like.

“I had a reason to go and they had a reason to allow me. That’s all good.

“With Manchester, I had that thing with Sir Alex Ferguson and that hurt. That was emotional. For him too, I suppose.

“I didn’t have that emotional layer with Real. But I look back at my period there with great joy and pride and some of my best mates were there. I count Guti, Raul and Casillas as good friends and playing with Beckham is always a thrill.” - Ruud
Legend

Unread 03-09-2010, 11:47 PM
toseeunited

Unread 03-09-2010, 11:47 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Legend
Yes he is

Unread 03-09-2010, 11:53 PM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
Never seen that before, quality,I still got his signed shirt framed on my wall i loved Ruud

The celebration against chelsea with the machine guns

Unread 03-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

great £#%&!ing player

slapped arse at the end but clearly loves united though.

Unread 03-09-2010, 11:59 PM
Part 36 Offer

van nistelrooy turns van nistelrooy scores

love him

Unread 03-09-2010, 11:59 PM
withapacketofsweets

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited

Watch it approx 2min 40secs in, what a £#%&!in goal

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:01 AM
Argentina

Hated the way we played with him up top (for the vast majority). Never got the feel of him as a 'United player', whether that was because of the team he played in, or the tactics used when he played. The way he recoiled like a girl when Vieira stuck a leg at him was also a little embarrassing.

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:02 AM
thatsfuctit

Not much in the way of scruffy finishes,
Strikes the ball beautifully

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:02 AM
Part 36 Offer

that one against chelsea when he took it round the keeps. sick

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Part 36 Offer

7:03 - 7:28 £#%&!ing hell

booooooooooom

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:10 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by withapacketofsweets

Watch it approx 2min 40secs in, what a £#%&!in goal

Class against Deportivo.

The idea that our football was shit while Ruud was here is revisionist bullshit. From 01/02 to 03/04 our football was good and at times great - 01/02 when we had to score 4 every game just to guarantee a draw because the defence was shit, 02/03 when we chased down Arsenal. He was absolute World Class in that time. Then he got injured during 04/05 and was our for quite a while, rushed back for the second leg in Milan. He was never the same player after the injury, lost a yard or two of pace, less mobile and flat footed at times. That's when the football deteriorated - but it was just as much down to having crap like Smith or Miller in midfield.

Fergie was right to let him go when he did, but I wish it'd been on better terms. Still leaves a bad taste imo and a Legend like Ruud deserved better. I hope he gets to play at OT one more time before he retires and I'd have him over Owen tomorrow given the chance.

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:11 AM
42ndstreet irregular

One of the best strikers ever to put on a United shirt. Legend. I would love him back now, we could then let that scouse shit keep wearing the shirt he will be wearing tomorrow.

[youtube]q0rmQYf8mrI[/youtube]

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:14 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Class against Deportivo.

The idea that our football was shit while Ruud was here is revisionist bullshit. From 01/02 to 03/04 our football was good and at times great - 01/02 when we had to score 4 every game just to guarantee a draw because the defence was shit, 02/03 when we chased down Arsenal. He was absolute World Class in that time. Then he got injured during 04/05 and was our for quite a while, rushed back for the second leg in Milan. He was never the same player after the injury, lost a yard or two of pace, less mobile and flat footed at times. That's when the football deteriorated - but it was just as much down to having crap like Smith or Miller in midfield.

Fergie was right to let him go when he did, but I wish it'd been on better terms. Still leaves a bad taste imo and a Legend like Ruud deserved better. I hope he gets to play at OT one more time before he retires and I'd have him over Owen tomorrow given the chance.
2001/02 is my favourite season even though we didnt win anything, some of those games were fantastic. Anything but boring.

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:15 AM
The Watcher

Villa in The FA Cup was a special special game. What a night. The 2-2 at Highbury was a great night too.

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Hated the way we played with him up top (for the vast majority). Never got the feel of him as a 'United player', whether that was because of the team he played in, or the tactics used when he played. The way he recoiled like a girl when Vieira stuck a leg at him was also a little embarrassing.

you hate your centre forwards you pal.

Unread 04-09-2010, 12:19 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Villa in The FA Cup was a special special game. What a night. The 2-2 at Highbury was a great night too.

Closed Thread