United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:42 PM
red in cumbria

He's frustrating as hell, but today shows he is worth persevering with.

Unread 16-04-2023, 06:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria View Post
He's frustrating as hell, but today shows he is worth persevering with.
To those with very little football knowledge or those that get Their opinions spoon fed online or via talksport....

The narrative was set on Antony VERY early on and some still think he needs to break from this...

he's been superb in his first season at the club....

Unread 16-04-2023, 07:00 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins View Post
https://twitter.com/jumboash/status/...6xsXUwZKS4J3mw

Surely it’s the camera angle and he isn’t that disgusted by slab .

Good game today, still has much more room for improvement which is good for us.

Edit. Went to watch it again, He certainly comes in for a hand shake . Yea he doesn’t like him

Not keen on seeing that.

Yes Maguire is a carthorse but he's still a teammate.

Unread 16-04-2023, 07:03 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty View Post
Not keen on seeing that.

Yes Maguire is a carthorse but he's still a teammate.
Yea, I agree. Hopefully it is just a weird moment . Any issues between teammates need to stay behind closed doors .

It’s a nothing moment and will be forgotten in the next 30 mins.

Unread 16-04-2023, 07:04 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Yea, I agree. Hopefully it is just a weird moment . Any issues between teammates need to stay behind closed doors .

That’s oddly specific mate.

Unread 16-04-2023, 07:12 PM
Big Norm

Seems to be going outside defenders and crossing with his right foot now as well, albeit infrequently.

If he does a bit more often he'll be a nightmare to defend against.

Unread 16-04-2023, 07:13 PM
Hyman_Roth

Best game I’ve seen him play. Two knocks across with his right foot which was very encouraging albeit he bottled a straightforward and obvious shot with his right in the 1st half.

His pass for Dalot was exceptional.

Bruno clear mom obviously but Antony and Eriksen not a million miles behind.

All good.

Unread 16-04-2023, 07:42 PM
AK14

Quote:

Good job social media wasn’t as big when Cole & Sheringham played for us.

Nothing in it at all.

Unread 16-04-2023, 09:15 PM
windy waffles

Played well again...

Unread 16-04-2023, 09:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
Played well again...
Like Robben at times yeah ?

Unread 16-04-2023, 09:23 PM
Vedder

Played really well today. Brilliant assist.

Unread 16-04-2023, 09:32 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
I said he played well as i did last time out...

Do you want me to tribute him or something?

Unread 16-04-2023, 09:38 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles View Post
I said he played well as i did last time out...

Do you want me to tribute him or something?
Just posting that the boss says he has a bit of the A Robbens about him is all pal.....

Why so defensive ?

Unread 16-04-2023, 09:47 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Played well. Good assist. Long, long way to go still though to get to a title-winning-side caliber of winger when you compare him with output from either wingers at Arsenal or wide forwards in other title winning sides of recent years. Robben kicked on and became a good goal scorer around his mid 20s .. hopefully Antony takes that next step next season. So far is min to expect for an 80 mil forward (competitively Mitoma has been putting up bigger numbers for princely fee of what, 3 mil ..): the fee rightly brings expectations. Strengths this season perversely given failings of recent seasons have been the defenders, Cas & Rash .. they’re the 5 that have really carried (Bruno to an extent too even if numbers are down). First season .. see how he kicks on next season ..

Unread 16-04-2023, 10:29 PM
AK14

A front three of him, rashers and Osimhen would be frightening

Unread 16-04-2023, 10:34 PM
Dr Stranger

His fee has no bearing on his development, it’s merely what we paid for him. Our expectation should be based on his ability, his experience, his time in the side, his time in the league etc.

Unread 16-04-2023, 10:42 PM
Jethro

He's going to get that top left corner finish on the reg soon. Finding form at the perfect time.

Unread 16-04-2023, 10:50 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
His fee has no bearing on his development, it’s merely what we paid for him. Our expectation should be based on his ability, his experience, his time in the side, his time in the league etc.

Unread 17-04-2023, 12:03 AM
Denis Irwell

Never lets his head drop. Always a threat and works £#%&!ing hard.

No coincidence both he and AWB are looking great together.

Unread 17-04-2023, 12:06 AM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger View Post
Can't whine about having no money to spend then say the amount we pay for players has no bearing on expectations. Until Qataris are here throwing notes all over the shop, spend needs to bring value if club is to return to very top. So yes, fee does bring expectation (esp if that apportioning of spend limits investment into other key positions -- see: CF); until money is no object, it still needs to be spent well, and its reasonable to expect top-of-the-bracket 80 mil position players to perform equivalent to their peers (otherwise recruitment need to be looking elsewhere). Obviously achieved that with some coming in .. Antony has way to go still to achieve that with consistency obviously, hopefully 2nd season he pushes on there, some good signs again he's finding top form in recent games