Fabien Barthez 0 0%
Ben Foster 0 0%
Massimo Taibi 2 2.86%
Thomas Kuszszzzzzsack 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-07-2020, 04:02 PM
Patty_b

Almost an impossible choice. Got into an argument with a Blackburn fan at my wedding because at that moment I said I would choose VDS over Schmeichel. But on another day I'd easily pick Schmeichel.

Nothing between them in terms of ability overall imo.

Suppose I'd have to go with Schmeichel. He was a key part of the team when we started the period of domination, and he capped his Man United carerr off by winning the treble.

Unread 02-07-2020, 04:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
You're at gunpoint

Or, brexit is being held at gunpoint.

Tick tock
what sort of gun is it? is it an accurate and reliable gun or is it one that will just take out everything, but is prone to jamming?

Unread 02-07-2020, 04:27 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
what sort of gun is it? is it an accurate and reliable gun or is it one that will just take out everything, but is prone to jamming?
It's been made complying to the finest EU safety and environmental standards

Unread 02-07-2020, 04:43 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Almost an impossible choice. Got into an argument with a Blackburn fan at my wedding because at that moment I said I would choose VDS over Schmeichel. But on another day I'd easily pick Schmeichel.

Nothing between them in terms of ability overall imo.

Suppose I'd have to go with Schmeichel. He was a key part of the team when we started the period of domination, and he capped his Man United carerr off by winning the treble.

Unread 02-07-2020, 04:50 PM
tatty

PS by an absolute mile.

Best keeper i've seen play anywhere never mind at United.

VdS a comfortable 2nd with DdG 3rd I suppose.

And if DdG had been playing when PS was he'd have been a plumber now...the physicality of 80s and early 90s football would have killed him.

Unread 02-07-2020, 04:52 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
Most entertaining surely
Fittest mrs.

Unread 02-07-2020, 05:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Despite him snubbing me in St Tropez a few years back it has to Pete on the basis that he would have looked slightly better had he played in the '08 team whereas VDS would have looked a bit worse in the '99 team. Also VDS stunk the place out at Juve around that time, he said himself that he became a much better keeper out there. The best thing outcome for us would have been Schmeichel sticking it out a few more years or Kahn/Richard Wright.

Hope the posters who had DDG as the best of the three on previous threads are ok.

Unread 02-07-2020, 05:15 PM
Red Santos

Schmeichel.

Not just the best GK of his era

An all time great

Unread 02-07-2020, 05:18 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Despite him snubbing me in St Tropez a few years back it has to Pete on the basis that he would have looked slightly better had he played in the '08 team whereas VDS would have looked a bit worse in the '99 team. Also VDS stunk the place out at Juve around that time, he said himself that he became a much better keeper out there. The best thing outcome for us would have been Schmeichel sticking it out a few more years or Kahn/Richard Wright.

Hope the posters who had DDG as the best of the three on previous threads are ok.
Khan wasn't far behind PS but we'd never have got him.

Wright wasn't an upgrade on what we actually got imo.

Antti Niemi would have been decent for us.

Unread 02-07-2020, 05:30 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Khan wasn't far behind PS but we'd never have got him.

Wright wasn't an upgrade on what we actually got imo.

Antti Niemi would have been decent for us.
Ferguson tried to sign Kahn in 2003, and then refused to forgive him when he got snubbed.

Good interview about it here:

Unread 02-07-2020, 05:30 PM
Red Santos

If we got Van Der Sar and Sol Campbell in 1999 we wouldve retained the European Cup

Unread 02-07-2020, 05:59 PM
red in cumbria

Voted for VdS over Schmikes, but it was basically stick a random pin in it stuff. Both absolutely immense

Unread 02-07-2020, 06:08 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Ferguson tried to sign Kahn in 2003, and then refused to forgive him when he got snubbed.

Good interview about it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phN9q29uEP0

Well well, i've never seen that before and didn't realise Fergie had made a genuine effort.

He'd have been a great signing.

Unread 02-07-2020, 06:15 PM
Vedder

Shot stopper it has to be Dave. I know we all hate him atm but his highlight reel would be an absolute joke. Ridiculous saves.

Voted VDS, don’t remember much of Schmeichel, was 11 when he left, obviously a great keeper but not gonna pretend I was watching him week in week out

Unread 02-07-2020, 06:17 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
VDS for me, purely because I like him more than Schmeichel.

Should’ve signed him from Ajax to replace Schmeichel
This for me too

Unread 02-07-2020, 06:53 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
This for me too
This one isn't favourite though is it?

Top keeper = best.
Favourite = which one you like the most, irrespective of talent or performances.

Agreed that the lack of consistency between these polls has been v. disappointing.

Unread 02-07-2020, 06:57 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Would a link spice our night up?

Justice for lawless.

Unread 02-07-2020, 07:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
This one isn't favourite though is it?

Top keeper = best.
Favourite = which one you like the most, irrespective of talent or performances.

Agreed that the lack of consistency between these polls has been v. disappointing.
Fag paper between them imo, so I picked the one that wasn’t a massive #@&%!.

Unread 02-07-2020, 07:31 PM
rubbernecker

I can only remember 2 things about Barthez . One was the thing he did when trying to psych Dicanio out and the other was him stopping off to have a chat and a Gauloise with his bird Linda Evangalista at that bar next to Central St and the Quaker's building in town when he first signed

Can't knock his record though as he won everything in Europe for club and country with a world cup as the cherry on top

Would defo win poll for the best driver out of all utd ex players

Unread 02-07-2020, 07:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Van der Sar shipped four to Middlesbrough the day of my wedding so I'm going for Schmikes.

Love Eddie tbh, would rather have him involved with the club now than Schmeichel. No, would rather have Eddie once the Glazers have been £#%&!ed off.
Closed Thread