United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 16-04-2024, 05:55 PM
magic_cantona

I'm still not sure why this seasons predictions have got ANYTHING to do with us being absolutely £#%&! and the manager has vastly underperformed

So, because someone was positive before the season started, that person has somehow been caught out for now being utterly deflated and disillusioned? Is that right?

Unread 16-04-2024, 05:59 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
I'm still not sure why this seasons predictions have got ANYTHING to do with us being absolutely £#%&! and the manager has vastly underperformed

So, because someone was positive before the season started, that person has somehow been caught out for now being utterly deflated and disillusioned? Is that right?
Rational people are able to change their minds based upon evidence

Unread 16-04-2024, 06:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Who said the predictions had anything to do with our current form ?

You're lashing out, making silly photoshops and posting utter nonsense....you've been caught out as a
Spoiled, fickle fan...

Happy with last season, eager to see more, more predicted success.....

On the cusp of his third final in two seasons you're calling for his head ....

Says more about you as a man and a supporter than anything else ....turbo mind £#%&!ed by the internet, veering from one view point and another ... QATAR, GREENWOOD, ANTONY, ETH OUT...

you are the perfect sponge for everything bad around the club and social media.....

Soak it up....

Unread 16-04-2024, 06:27 PM
est.1878

Bunks may well be dying a slow death on the hill but it's 50-1 and is a magnificent defence that will go down in black marker in the Fred history book. Losing the support of Ethers would have finished most armies, linking these old posts close to wunderwaffe offensive

Unread 16-04-2024, 06:40 PM
pedr0

fully onside with bunker busters thesis that our fanbase are a bunch of spoilt, entitled tossers. plenty of them on here.
but not sure what the point is of posting the pre season predictions. all it proves is that we've massively underperformed expectations. these expectations were not exactly outlandish given we have the second biggest wage bill in the league.

Unread 16-04-2024, 06:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0 View Post
fully onside with bunker busters thesis that our fanbase are a bunch of spoilt, entitled tossers. plenty of them on here.
but not sure what the point is of posting the pre season predictions. all it proves is that we've massively underperformed expectations. these expectations were not exactly outlandish given we have the second biggest wage bill in the league.
.... Because of many factors outside the managers control..

You're almost there pal, just keep thinking a tad more.

#BreakTheNarrative

Unread 16-04-2024, 06:46 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

You're lashing out, making silly photoshops and posting utter nonsense....you've been caught out as a
Spoiled, fickle fan...

Says more about you as a man and a supporter than anything else ....turbo mind £#%&!ed by the internet, veering from one view point and another ... QATAR, GREENWOOD, ANTONY, ETH OUT...

you are the perfect sponge for everything bad around the club and social media.....

Soak it up....

Yeah? So weird this.

So I was happy with EtH because we were winning and playing reasonably well. I thought a good summer and we'd obviously progress. But that's not happened, the transfers haven't worked (Hojlund apart) and he's dished out absolutely appalling football - now I think he should be replaced. There's nothing fair weather about it. He's not progressed has he? Has he had us playing great or even average football? No. Do you think he has? Answer as to why the football has been so, so bad. Why can't we ever dominate a team? Why do we live off luck rather than ability? Why are we being outplayed every game? Just answer these for starters.

Why did he have Reguilon at LB but carried on playing Lindelof?

Why did he let Reguilon go, just for Shaw to (predictably) break again, leaving us no LB?

Why does he pick Rashford every £#%&!ing game, despite him dropping 2/10's? (He could play his 75m man Antony man there, or does he not rate his own purchase?)

There's more questions than answers, obviously.

Unread 16-04-2024, 06:54 PM
believe

106 injuries!!!

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:00 PM
BigRonManager

Still, at least he’s out there t#@&%! the grass with his little scissors.

Unread 16-04-2024, 08:20 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Not what I said. Though I think in the long term, we will be a better team without him.

This season has been one disaster after another, With injuries to key players at critical times from the very start of the season, and that after we had Greenwood removed when too late/no money left to replace him. Every time we’ve got to the point of building a little momentum, some new disaster comes upon us.

Ive written this season off now, but I think the manager built up enough credit in the first season to stick with him through this summer’s transfer window, to see what we bring in under the new structure and how that goes. I genuinely still don’t think we are too far away, we just need the right players in the right positions, all playing like they actually care about winning.

If there was an obvious available replacement for ETH (other than Ancelotti) I’d maybe be more persuaded, but i can’t see one.
Perfect summation imo.

Unread 16-04-2024, 09:15 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post

Spoiled, fickle fan...

Soak it up....
Boom….. anti United memes… some of them could grace RAWK

Although I wouldn’t waste too many pixels on the tiny testicular red association.

Nor would I waste time on revisiting predictions…… revisiting sentiment on the appointment and how we have to allow this one to see a contract out and not chop and change again might be interesting. Perhaps there were conditions attached about not getting stick from bloo mates within 18 months though.

They’re even digging Moyes corpse up to try and divert from their absolute shameless cave in.

So Erik hasn’t landed the CL or PL in season two with these shit@#%&!s, the circus around him and injuries or no injuries.

Can you imagine the £#%&!ing strop levels on here when the structure is in place, funds sorted and spent ….and Graham £#%&!ing Naglesgate doesn’t do some form of treble in year one

Unread 16-04-2024, 11:43 PM
Dacter

Great thread tbh

Unread 17-04-2024, 02:46 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter View Post
Great thread tbh

Thought Bunks had a beard?

#integrity

Unread 17-04-2024, 03:51 AM
croady26

Quote:
How many injuries did we have when we lost 7-0 at Anfield?
This exact result is where my view turned on him, honestly believe he should have gone damage limitation at 4-0 but instead got blown away

Unread 17-04-2024, 06:14 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Yeah? So weird this.

So I was happy with EtH because we were winning and playing reasonably well. I thought a good summer and we'd obviously progress. But that's not happened, the transfers haven't worked (Hojlund apart) and he's dished out absolutely appalling football - now I think he should be replaced. There's nothing fair weather about it. He's not progressed has he? Has he had us playing great or even average football? No. Do you think he has? Answer as to why the football has been so, so bad. Why can't we ever dominate a team? Why do we live off luck rather than ability? Why are we being outplayed every game? Just answer these for starters.

Why did he have Reguilon at LB but carried on playing Lindelof?

Why did he let Reguilon go, just for Shaw to (predictably) break again, leaving us no LB?

Why does he pick Rashford every £#%&!ing game, despite him dropping 2/10's? (He could play his 75m man Antony man there, or does he not rate his own purchase?)

There's more questions than answers, obviously.

Bunks mused........

Unread 17-04-2024, 06:55 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Bunks mused........
He’s having a good think about it

Unread 17-04-2024, 07:08 AM
Patty_b

Get rid, the sooner the better. At this point having Darren Fletcher as caretaker until the end of the season and then giving Gareth Southgate a stab at the job in the summer would be more palatable than what we have now. The thought of Gareth Southgate as our manager is disgusting, but would he honestly be as bad in the job as ETH has been this season? I honestly don't think he would. That should be a sackable offence on it's own.

I'm all for giving the benefit of the doubt and some time to get things right, but you'd need to see some sort of progress to give them that leeway.

There's no progress, just regression. Both in results and performances. People can blame injuries all they want, but the truth is even with the injuries we still manage to field a starting 11 of mostly full internationals. And the injuries excuse looks even ropier when you consider that teams like Newcastle have had their own injury issues this season and sit above us in the table, or Bournemouth who are having their own injury crises but still managed to make us look second best last weekend. When we're getting outperformed in the league and on the pitch by teams with weaker squads that have the same issues with injuries then it's not much of an excuse anymore.

Who else should come in and take the job? What it's as bad as it is now then literally anybody.

Unread 17-04-2024, 07:51 AM
pc6090

I like ETH and still want him to succeed but I just can’t see it happening. We know all about the injuries and the other issues but that’s why we have a squad so players can come in and fit into the system and know the style of play and plan. Unfortunately we don’t appear to have a plan or a defined style of play. The players look confused. I don’t think ETH has suddenly become a bad coach but we often hear about the mentality needed to play for Manchester United and the same applies to the manager I don’t think he’s coping with the extreme pressure and spotlight if the biggest job in football

Unread 17-04-2024, 07:59 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090 View Post
I like ETH and still want him to succeed but I just can’t see it happening. We know all about the injuries and the other issues but that’s why we have a squad so players can come in and fit into the system and know the style of play and plan. Unfortunately we don’t appear to have a plan or a defined style of play. The players look confused. I don’t think ETH has suddenly become a bad coach but we often hear about the mentality needed to play for Manchester United and the same applies to the manager I don’t think he’s coping with the extreme pressure and spotlight if the biggest job in football
Him walking out of an interview deffo gave off these vibes.

Unread 17-04-2024, 08:18 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Him walking out of an interview deffo gave off these vibes.
I’m off to John O Groats for some tactics.