United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:19 PM
poppy

Sublime.

Alongside Scholes he's the best central midfield player in the Prem.

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:24 PM
£#%&! KFC

what Carrick, yeah I know

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Serenity Now

He's a very special talent. For a player his age to have been the focal point of a Premiership team for a few years now is quite something. He has all the attributes you'd want in a creative midfielder. Technically he's very good, his positional play is excellent and his vision and choice of pass is absolutely superb. He also works hard for the team.

As Grimson says, he doesn't get nearly enough goals at the moment, but there's no reason why that can't come.

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Firswood Red

he's a cracking player, the only part of his game he needs to work on his getting more goals.

He played very well against us twice last season. You'd have to be very blinkered to think he's not an excellent player

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
He played very well against us twice last season.
er, no he didn't ...he was superb at OT, he did little at the Emirates Carrick ran the show that day

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:36 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
He's a very special talent. For a player his age to have been the focal point of a Premiership team for a few years now is quite something. He has all the attributes you'd want in a creative midfielder. Technically he's very good, his positional play is excellent and his vision and choice of pass is absolutely superb. He also works hard for the team.

As Grimson says, he doesn't get nearly enough goals at the moment, but there's no reason why that can't come.
Keane and Vieira were hardly prolific. I think they both averaged around one goal in every ten games for United and Arsenal, respectively.

Lampard is close to a goal every 3.5 games for Chelsea.

He'd be most (sane) people's third choice out of those three though.

Fabregas will never be prolific but he'll probably end up scoring at a similar rate to Keane and Vieira by the time he ends his career. He's already at one in fifteen at 20 years old.

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Well, he's not a very good striker of the ball, for a top-flight professional. He fluffs a lot of shooting chances. He'll need to improve that.

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:41 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
er, no he didn't ...he was superb at OT, he did little at the Emirates Carrick ran the show that day

Carrick had a good game that day but he didn't run the show.

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:42 PM
£#%&! KFC

neither did Fabregas

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:46 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
neither did Fabregas
who did

Unread 08-07-2007, 04:49 PM
£#%&! KFC

Carrick

Unread 08-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Well, he's not a very good striker of the ball, for a top-flight professional. He fluffs a lot of shooting chances. He'll need to improve that.
A lot of his misses seem to be about a lack of composure, rather than technical deficiencies. He's not the only one at Arsenal you can say that about either, maybe something to do with their coaching?

I doubt very much that Fabregas will ever be prolific, but he gets into enough goalscoring positions that he should get 5-10 league goals.

Unread 08-07-2007, 06:06 PM
Tiberian

Super player, typically Spanish along the lines of Guardiola, Xavi, but has proved himself in a physically harder league. I prefer Iniesta, but I would imagine he would get kicked out of games in the Prem.

Unread 08-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Grimson

Quote:
A lot of his misses seem to be about a lack of composure, rather than technical deficiencies. He's not the only one at Arsenal you can say that about either, maybe something to do with their coaching?
I noticed that too last season. Hleb, Baptista, Fabregas, Adebayor, even Rosicky, they're all substandard shooters for this level. I think it is a lack of composure too.

Unread 08-07-2007, 07:45 PM
celtbion

It's like the Emperor's New Clothes.

[SIZE="5"]YES

I agree totally.

Sure, he's brilliant going forward but it's like seeing Deco turning out in a Premiership centre-mid.

Easy on the eye, £#%&!ing disastrous idea at the end of the day.

The guy is a complete liability defensively.

Some of the stuff he pulled against Chelsea when Arsenal were under pressure and needed someone to put their foot on the ball and do the sensible thing!

A classic case of prodigiousness not equalling "good enough".
Closed Thread