United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2007, 06:55 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I don't see anything wrong with that middle three, if anything Scholes and Carrick will influence games even more and it will allow Scholes to stay further up the field. The front three is frightening.
Scholes is no longer as comfortable up the field. If we play the same system that we played last year, Scholes would be playing in the Giggs/Rooney role as main support striker. Is he suited to that at this stage of his career? I do not think so, that player needs to be able to move all across the front line, be comfortable in wide areas, take the ball under pressure with his back to goal and be able to beat a man. His loss of mobility and pace means he is not suited to that role, could he really join in the counter attacks in the same way as Giggs, Rooney, Anderson?

I doubt it, it would end up being 3 central midfielders.

He has to play as one of the 2 midfielders or not at all. Fergie may try to force all 3 of of them into the team next year but that would be a mistake for me.

May be wrong but it will be an issue next year.
Closed Thread