Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Don’t “want” them to win the league but would prefer it to a Scouse £#%&!fest
absolutely this.

"we did it for the angels" whilst holding their scarves upside down

£#%&! the rat @#%&!s

Unread 18-04-2019, 07:37 AM
ziggyman17

I would not want the scousers winning the league or European Cup. But if they do win the league then I can see the bald one walking which would be funny, because the Arabs that bought City have always wanted baldy as manager, so to see him walk away after 3 seasons and nearly a billion spent would be hilarious, probably get Shaun Goater as his replacement..

Unread 18-04-2019, 07:39 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
I would not want the scousers winning the league or European Cup. But if they do win the league then I can see the bald one walking which would be funny, because the Arabs that bought City have always wanted baldy as manager, so to see him walk away after 3 seasons and nearly a billion spent would be hilarious, probably get Shaun Goater as his replacement..
he could walk anyway. it's 3 years in and he's going to be gutted about europe.

Unread 18-04-2019, 07:40 AM
rustling jimmies

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stella Fella
Would you take
Barca/Ajax CL Final
Scouse win League
Watford win FA cup

Just to see Pep £#%&! up or is it avoid Scouse winning League at all costs?

Actually think the Seething from the Bitters and the press would be funny as £#%&!
Liverpool will win the CL and the League.

Unread 18-04-2019, 07:42 AM
shenwen

Deja vu from last year with all this Liverpool are going to win then CL so we’d better get used to it. That turned out well.

Last night was brilliant. City can win the league now. Irrelevant. Similar to last season - losing to us at home devalued the league win.

Plus the give a £#%&! about the FA Cup tbh. Can only remember who won it last year because we were in the final.

Unread 18-04-2019, 08:27 AM
AK14

No chance do I want the dippers winning anything.

Think they’ll win the league though and have a very old chance at doing the double

City again proving how irrelevant they really are last night.

Unread 18-04-2019, 08:29 AM
tatty

City have won the league a few times recently so that ship has sailed and I frankly couldn't care if they win it again.

Liverpool winning it would be far far worse.

Unread 18-04-2019, 08:36 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Wonder how many of the reds born and bred in manchester want City to win the league. Can't be too many?
It’s a tough one. For those of us born in the 70s we had to put up with a shitload of jcl vermin fans at school. I couldn’t ever want them to succeed. City I can write off as buying the league as much as it grates.

Unread 18-04-2019, 08:40 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

imagine what it was liked for liverpool in 1993

that's what it will be like for us

nobody cares about city

honestly, how in the £#%&! could anyone prefer the vermin to win it.

Unread 18-04-2019, 08:55 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
City have won the league a few times recently so that ship has sailed and I frankly couldn't care if they win it again.

Liverpool winning it would be far far worse.
This.

Unread 18-04-2019, 09:04 AM
Drexl

Don't want scousers to win anything. Simple as that.

And I'm more than happy to watch sanchez, Pogba, mata, Young, lukaku, Jones, smalling and martial absolutely humiliated by city, then drop them at the entrance to the chunnel. the #@&%!s

Unread 18-04-2019, 09:08 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Don't want scousers to win anything. Simple as that.

And I'm more than happy to watch sanchez, Pogba, mata, Young, lukaku, Jones, smalling and martial absolutely humiliated by city, then drop them at the entrance to the chunnel. the #@&%!s

I couldn’t give two shits who wins what now. The quad is out of my life. Feel like I’ve had a bad tooth taken out.

Unread 18-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Chorlton74

City's next two games are literally going to determine where the league ends up. didn't realise they were playing Spurs again on Saturday.

If our last 5 games are anything to go by, I don't really envisage us getting anything out of the derby to be honest.

With any luck. Cardiff is the mother of all coupon busters.

I'm not arsed about city winning the league, because other than them, literally nobody gives a toss about them winning it. if the vermin win it, you will never, ever, hear the end of it.

Unread 18-04-2019, 09:22 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex

nobody cares about city

Worse now than then due to internet/Sky development/hype etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
It’s a tough one. For those of us born in the 70s we had to put up with a shitload of jcl vermin fans at school. I couldn’t ever want them to succeed. City I can write off as buying the league as much as it grates.

I actually used to go and support City with my Bert mates at Maine Rd when they played the dippers. They really couldn’t understand it and it amused em no end. Actually thought I was defecting. Even went to Anfield with them in a LC SF?

Probably always dealt with Berts ok but the media fawning over those @#%&!s.... £#%&! off

Unread 18-04-2019, 09:31 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Deja vu from last year with all this Liverpool are going to win then CL so we’d better get used to it. That turned out well.

Last night was brilliant. City can win the league now. Irrelevant. Similar to last season - losing to us at home devalued the league win.

Plus the give a £#%&! about the FA Cup tbh. Can only remember who won it last year because we were in the final.
Exactly. That was the first semi decent team city had played in any cup competition this season ffs.

The murderers had a bye to the semis like the good old days. Barca will ruin them.

Unread 18-04-2019, 11:13 AM
Stakker

Quote:

nobody cares about city

Unread 18-04-2019, 11:49 AM
MrBishi

Rather see the vermin win it, every day of the week.

I've made this point about the berts before, but nowhere outside of Glasgow will you find a set of fans more defined by not being their neighbours. There's lots of two-team cities, but usually the smaller club have their own identity; if you took away the bigger club, the smaller one would still be recognisable. You can't do that with city. They won the Cup Winners Cup! ... just after United won the European Cup. They were bigger before the war/Munich disaster! ... again, about United. They reached their nadir in division two in '99! ... juxtaposed against United winning the treble. Anyone who knows city fans will know what I mean. They made Hyde United change their name and colours, ffs.

Before they started bending over for any dictators with dosh in 2007, I couldn't really hold much against the club itself. But now? Manchester, as a city, is a place that should be proud of being the birthplace of Emmeline Pankhurst; a place that has celebrated having the Gay Village for decades. But that 'brand', using our city's name, all funded by a state where women have barely any rights, and where homosexuality is a capital offence? £#%&! that. But it doesn't matter to City fans, just as long as they get one over on United.

You're all entitled to want that lot to beat the scousers to the title. You're also entitled to £#%&! right £#%&!ing off you OOT bastards.

Unread 18-04-2019, 11:56 AM
est.1878

Quote:

nobody cares about city

How many Bert's do you encounter on an average week?...

Last night changed everything for me but not how I expected

Now the quad is off the table can begin to relax and approach glass half (quarter) full mentality. we are in the worlds worst pub still but let's cautiously reassess

City obvs care more about outdoing us than anything else and they hate how we can actively support them winning the league just like 2014. But if we cause them to lose the league on weds (I know...) and they £#%&! up the fa cup final it will be spectacular bad mpney failure. Wigan winning the fa cup was a memorable goon looking back but true.

Shit is gonna happen - choose your solace

Unread 18-04-2019, 12:09 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Wonder how many of the reds born and bred in manchester want City to win the league. Can't be too many?
It’s a simple matter of priorities.

Liverpool haven’t won it in decades, and threaten our title haul. They take priority over city.

Unread 18-04-2019, 12:14 PM
Fat Al

As I've said before - City win the league, it'll be forgotten before the end of the week in the press/media

Liverpool win it & we'll STILL be £#%&!ing hearing about it after the start of next season. It'll be a £#%&!ing vermin £#%&!fest EVERYWHERE.
Closed Thread