AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Unread 18-04-2019, 12:28 AM
TreeFiddy

Awful. (Not so awful tonight.)

Unread 18-04-2019, 12:32 AM
jem

I'd rather decisions were right. cole scored two perfectly onside goals in a game arsenal won after bergkamp tripped irwin. had one in a qf v forest. that goal v porto. that semi penalty v everton. that giggs goal in the final v chelsea. chelsea's offside goal to win the league. £#%&! them all.... and the rest. no one would have heard of mourinho.

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:57 AM
jesper

belting thread

city

Unread 18-04-2019, 08:20 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

It's a no from me Clive. In the near future you won't see those reactions after a goal as everyone will wait for VAR.

Unread 18-04-2019, 09:15 AM
History

Yeah although last night was £#%&!ing gorgeous. It will gradually reduce goals to a level of winning or a corner. A roar whilst the crowd wait for Var to give it.

Unread 18-04-2019, 12:22 PM
utd99

They have a problem right out of the traps, to wit: it can’t actually be used honestly. Even if they did nothing other than focus on teams defending set pieces into their box there would be four or five penalties per game.

I think they should ease it into the game by just using it for objective mistakes like offside. Between simply that and goal line tech they will eliminated the most contentious stuff right off the bat. Oh, and it has to be everywhere or nowhere; this years FA cup nonsense is just patently unfair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
You can’t have 5 million slow mo analysts on Sky criticising decisions and then complaining when they try to do something about it. Don’t like it though. Ban Sky TV.
I think people are going to realize they secretly loved the controversy. Even the stuff that went against them. Nothing like a bit of seethe now and then.

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:29 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
They have a problem right out of the traps, to wit: it can’t actually be used honestly. Even if they did nothing other than focus on teams defending set pieces into their box there would be four or five penalties per game.

I think they should ease it into the game by just using it for objective mistakes like offside. Between simply that and goal line tech they will eliminated the most contentious stuff right off the bat. Oh, and it has to be everywhere or nowhere; this years FA cup nonsense is just patently unfair.

I think people are going to realize they secretly loved the controversy. Even the stuff that went against them. Nothing like a bit of seethe now and then.
It's being used honestly now and I haven't seen one game with four or five penalties. It also brings up just as much controversy now, or it seems to based on the decisions I've seen reversed.

I think it's a great thing, always have, but I think it should also be used as a tool to make the @#%&!s earning a living refereeing actually do their jobs better. I've never known a profession in the world (if you take away working for the English government) where people can get away with making so many mistakes week in week out.

Unread 18-04-2019, 01:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
It's a no from me Clive. In the near future you won't see those reactions after a goal as everyone will wait for VAR.
Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Yeah although last night was £#%&!ing gorgeous. It will gradually reduce goals to a level of winning or a corner. A roar whilst the crowd wait for Var to give it.
Spot on. And that's just not worth it when we still sit here listening or taking part in debates over decisions.

The moment a goal is scored in football is almost unique in sport. You can't mess with that moment.

Except when it's a team I don't like.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:11 PM
ZiggyStardust

Liverpool better win the league this season as VAR is going to £#%&!ing kill them next season

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:13 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Liverpool better win the league this season as VAR is going to £#%&!ing kill them next season
Like it’s killing their champions league campaign?

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:15 PM
messhead

I agree that it kill the moment, though it has been entertaining in its own unique way. I think they should implement something similar to the hawk eye system; both teams are given a limited amount of appeals to VAR per-game, I'd leave it at 2 just to discourage over-usage. Means the obviously contestable decisions would likely get looked at without being rinsed game in game out for every goal scored. It does have its uses but would love to keep something organic in football for once.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:37 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
Like it’s killing their champions league campaign?
Liverpool have won more penalties than any team in PL history and it's not even close but haven't won one title
Doesn't add up

I suspect if you respectively VAR this season they wouldn't be anywhere near to beating city to the title

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:37 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Var benefitted us last night in a glorious way, but var shouldn’t really be used to disallow that goal. It wasn’t a clear and obvious error regardless of which way the ref and linesman would have given it. The ref’s decision should stand, either way, in such circumstances.

Same with the spurs goal. People showing a new close up angle where it hit his elbow before his hip. So £#%&!ing what. It’s not a clear and obvious error to overturn the original decision.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:41 PM
dunk

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yep. It’s half the fun.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:44 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Var benefitted us last night in a glorious way, but var shouldn’t really be used to disallow that goal. It wasn’t a clear and obvious error regardless of which way the ref and linesman would have given it. The ref’s decision should stand, either way, in such circumstances.

Same with the spurs goal. People showing a new close up angle where it hit his elbow before his hip. So £#%&!ing what. It’s not a clear and obvious error to overturn the original decision.
It was. Aguero was clearly offside when it was viewed on the replay.

Unread 18-04-2019, 02:51 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Love it. Gunna £#%&! us, gunna save us.
So no different to before var. Just shitter.
Closed Thread