United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2019, 09:14 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
How long before the crybaby bet wetting girls on here stop whining and moaning when they don't get instant results when we change a manager.

Ole got 12 or more excellent results in his first 12 games. Now it's not going so well, but we need to find out exactly why this changed before we wet our knickers. I suspect it's the players, but what the £#%&! do I know
No idea why but I genuinely guffawed when I read that.

Unread 17-04-2019, 09:18 AM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Love people stating years like they've had a good think about it Fact is, we could win the league next season with the right signings just in the same way we might not win it for another 20 years. City and Liverpool have good teams but they're not set up for dominance like teams have in the past and are as likely to go ten years and not win it.

We're miles behind City. If City do win the quadruple this year it could be problematic for them next season (unless they do it again). But this season, if they win the league again and/or CL that will keep the momentum and they're just going to get better. If not for Liverpool they would be dominant. They have been in recent years, give or take the odd fluke like Leicester winning the league but truth is, they're a much better squad now than they were then and getting better.

Liverpool I'm not sure about yet. If they show the necessary character to keep challenging City for the PL right until the end of this season then I think they'll be serious contenders next season and they and City will dominate for a few years. (As long as Guardiola is still at City).

I can't see us winning the league for years because I can't see us making the necessary signings.
£#%&!.

Unread 17-04-2019, 09:20 AM
Seamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
City 100 pts last season, almost 100 this year despite no de bruyne all season. They will strengthen again and have young people like sterling bernardo silva sane laporte etc who will have another years experience.

I'm fearing city will be dominating hard for years to come.

Liverpool will struggle to match their pts total of this season next year.
I think it could change when Pep leaves and a new manager comes in and takes over a team of champions who might not be open to new ways and a different management style.

Unread 17-04-2019, 09:22 AM
75Red

Quote:

Ole got 12 or more excellent results in his first 12 games. Now it's not going so well, but we need to find out exactly why this changed before we wet our knickers. I suspect it's the players, but what the £#%&! do I know
Agree with this. I've been trying to figure out what went wrong but can't pinpoint when it started. Others have said the PSG game but I think it had started before that?
I think there are disruptive influences in the dressing room, and for the team, knowing that several of the better players want out probably isn't helping. Hopefully letting go of anyone who wants to leave - De Gea, Pogba, Herrera, and anyone else - will settle things down before next season.
If anyone wants out let him go.

Unread 17-04-2019, 09:25 AM
ziggyman17

Keep going the way we are and the sponsorship deals that the gimps love will dry up.. The gimps will either sell up or refloat the club back on the stock market, as soon as they see that their golden egg is going to pop they will look to get out, and then it depends on the new owners, will they want to make the club about football again ?

Unread 17-04-2019, 09:26 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
No poll took too long making my breakfast.
change

Unread 17-04-2019, 09:29 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
How long before the crybaby bet wetting girls on here stop whining and moaning when they don't get instant results when we change a manager.
i think we need to stop attacking eachother.

even the name of the club has lost all meaning.

none of us can agree on politics, sansa stark or just how good the walking dead is, so let's be United on the football club at least.

Unread 17-04-2019, 09:40 AM
dunk

Said 10 years when watching Moyes’ United, Mou has set us back another 5 years, easy. £#%&!ing good job he wasn’t given carte blanche last summer..

Unread 17-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Denis Irwell

Not going to happen with these £#%&!ing leeches. Steady decline since no value and getting worse with every passing season, regardless of position. State of the squad and the Berts and dippers to overcome.

Need new owners.

Unread 17-04-2019, 10:15 AM
AK14

Not for a while imo

City and Liverpool will keep improving

Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. A few of us predicted this and were laughed at, but just changing manager wasn’t going be the ultimate answer to all of our problems.

Unread 17-04-2019, 10:17 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Things are going to get a lot worse before they get better. A few of us predicted this and were laughed at, but just changing manager wasn’t going be the ultimate answer to all of our problems.
Important.

It is going to get worse.

Time for direct action, maybe that anti woodward plane needs to come out again.

Unread 17-04-2019, 10:46 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Important.

It is going to get worse.

Time for direct action, maybe that anti woodward plane needs to come out again.
Crazy to think there were people on here deflecting any blame from the structure of the club and Woodward to so long ago.

Telling us all that sacking Mourinho would see us right and that we’d be back etc. I love Ole and I’m happy he’s in the job, but he needs a miracle to be successful here with the owners and Woodward pulling the strings.

What ever happened to that General Whodoneit or what ever his name was? A big Woodward apologists iirc.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:01 AM
Sparky***

At the time we appointed Moyes I think most people realised this would set us back a decade or so.

I see no reason why that won't be the case.

We won't be winning any league titles for a while. Well into the 2020s.

Quote:

Here's a clue:

Because the vast majority of our squad are rubbish.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:44 AM
redhegemony

There has to be some clear out but not all at once

Phase 1 Summer 2019
7 Out: Young, Valencia, Darmian, Rojo, Herrera, Mata, one from jones/Smallling .

Get in a mix of experience and high quality and up and coming. Need two young players who can play centre/half full back one on each side,

See how the midfield/attack pans out do some fiddling in Jan 2020

Full on title challenge 20-21

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:51 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Crazy to think there were people on here deflecting any blame from the structure of the club and Woodward to so long ago.

Telling us all that sacking Mourinho would see us right and that we’d be back etc. I love Ole and I’m happy he’s in the job, but he needs a miracle to be successful here with the owners and Woodward pulling the strings.

What ever happened to that General Whodoneit or what ever his name was? A big Woodward apologists iirc.
Only an utter £#%&!ing idiot thought anything like that. Was a massive step in the right direction though. The first step of many hopefully. The only step that could be made halfway through a season tbh.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:53 AM
Bunker Buster

A decade from appointing Moyes looks conservative

We're a sorry state.....

That tweet about 4 of the back 5 going out against Basel.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:59 AM
Buck

Watched this again not long ago

At 8:20 and 11:20 you see shots of Sir Matt in the stands beaming. He waited 26 years. Fergie shouldn't have to wait that long but given his health scare last year how long is too long...

Next season has to be the one. All it takes is a strong start to gather momentum. Get through to October top or near top then the test comes about the durability of our squad (physically and mentally). That's what Ole and Phelan will have to change and they are United men so they know what it takes.

Unread 17-04-2019, 12:02 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Only an utter £#%&!ing idiot thought anything like that. Was a massive step in the right direction though. The first step of many hopefully. The only step that could be made halfway through a season tbh.

Unread 17-04-2019, 12:05 PM
n48

Decades unless owners have an about change and install likes of VDS in some kind of footballing director set up. How far off his testimonial is the next Duncan Edwards?

Unread 17-04-2019, 12:06 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Watched this again not long ago

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=304yh-zvQPA

At 8:20 and 11:20 you see shots of Sir Matt in the stands beaming. He waited 26 years. Fergie shouldn't have to wait that long but given his health scare last year how long is too long...

Next season has to be the one. All it takes is a strong start to gather momentum. Get through to October top or near top then the test comes about the durability of our squad (physically and mentally). That's what Ole and Phelan will have to change and they are United men so they know what it takes.
Not going to happen pal.

Whether Ole is top red king or not he still has the likes of Phill Jones, Ashley Young, Chris Smalling, Rojo, Darmian, Matic etc etc etc in the squad. He’s not a miracle worker.

We’re a mess and it’s going to take a while to put it right and even then he needs full and complete support from the owners and people running the club.

It’s not going to happen.
Closed Thread