Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2018, 09:06 PM
puressence

Had it on very good authority martial and pogba are definitely on there way out

Unread 13-05-2018, 09:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
if mourinho got sacked tomorrow, then the club would be in a better state than it was under moyes and van gaal when they got the boot.

i don't think people realise that taking over a club constantly struggling for top four, littered with deadwood and highly paid egos, and then getting them to finish comfortably in the top four, winning a couple of trophies along the way, is a decent feat.

sure, settling for top four wouldn't have been the united way during the fergie era, but this isn't the fergie era. moyes set us back a shitload, and van gaal did nothing about that. whether you like his style of play or not, or like him as a person or not, it's clear as day that mourinho is steering the ship and making us harder to beat than we were under the scot and the dutchman.

has this been a season that united fans will fondly remember for years to come? no. have we played blistering attacking football all throughout? no. but after what we endured under our previous two managers and compare it to our actually decent performance in the league this season, i'm going to show jose a bit of patience and not call for his head while he's in the middle of a job.
Spot on.

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:06 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
At the moment he’s doing what he’s been asked to do. Get us back in the Champions League and improving the league position.

He’s made us (generally) harder to beat and has improved results on the whole. He’s also won 2 trophies and may get a third next week. He’s also improved our results in the big games.

However, next season he simply MUST make a genuine challenge for the title. Fair enough, City have run away with it but part of that is down to a failure to put them under any pressure. They’ve been playing without any real need to win for the best part of six months.

He also needs to completely shift the shit in the squad. I’m not going to list them, we know who they are and have done for years. I honestly couldn’t give a £#%&! if they’re on long contract and big wages. Pay them up, tear up the contract and kick them out the £#%&!ing door. Take the hit and get rid of them. Their coward mentalities and shithouse tendencies are inhibitors we can’t afford to retain.
Bit tricky clearing out 22 players at once though.

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
It's turning lads.

Next season, big tings a gwarning, woooffff

Sign of a serious team in the making right there.
We’re better than we were, nqat; awful to watch though.

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:11 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
So add in Carrick going and that’s 3 of the new signings.

Lose

Carrick
Pogba
Martial
Darmian
Blind
Fellaini

Gain
RB
LB - Santos
CB - Maguire or Dier
Midfielder - ?
Midfielder - ?
Winger - Salah?

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
Winger - Salah?

Boiled piss of Pacific proportions.

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:14 PM
dragflick

Best league in the world

My Name is Heath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

Boiled piss of Pacific proportions.
He must be tempted and wouldn’t have to move.

Bunker Buster

Winger should be Son from Spurs imo

One of the best players in the league...

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:17 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Coming from you that assures me they're staying

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:20 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Good call.

He’s a top player with character - something we are lacking.

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:28 PM
Buck

Quote:
Good call.

He’s a top player with character - something we are lacking.
One problem....

Quote:
There is one opponent whom even Son can’t sprint past, however – and that is the Korean government. Males from South Korea usually have to start military service by the time they are 28. Just as the fleet-footed forward, 26 in July, is reaching his peak on the football pitch, he faces the prospect of a 21-month period back home with the K-League’s army team Sangju Sangmu. His popularity and fame will not be factored in.

“Military service may not be ideal for professional football players and their careers but that is the reality,” Steve Kim, former head of club competitions of the Asian Football Confederation, told Asia Times. “Everyone knows that it is better for Son if he does not have to do it but there is nothing the Korea FA can do about this. He has to be treated like any other athlete.”

There is hope, however. At the 2002 World Cup, South Korea co-hosted the tournament and reached the semi-finals. In addition to the acclaim of the nation, the players received military exemption. Son is set to spearhead the so-called Taeguk Warriors’ campaign in Russia this summer. A similar outcome is unlikely – especially given an initial group containing Germany, Sweden and Mexico – but the real opportunity comes in August.
That is when the 2018 Asian Games will take place in Jakarta. If Korea’s football team can win the tournament, then like all of the country’s gold-medals stars, they will win exemption from military service.

The tournament is reserved for Under-23 players but each coach can select three over-age players and – as the country’s best player – it is natural that coach Kim Hak-beom wants Son.

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:29 PM
AK14

Isn’t Son mainly a left sided player? (Don’t watch much of spurs tbh) and we are in need of a right sided winger

I think it’ll be Willian, which I wouldn’t mind if I’m honest.

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:31 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
One problem....
Yes - that’s the Seoul problem....

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:37 PM
armchair

Quote:

jesus h christ.

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:43 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
jesus h christ.
Not a fan ?

Unread 13-05-2018, 10:45 PM
armchair

Quote:
Not a fan ?
he's a decent, honest player who always tries his best.

he often doesn't start for spurs so no idea why we should be making signing him a priority.

Unread 13-05-2018, 11:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Bottom half of the league is worse than it has ever been, that is one important reason why city amassed 100 points.

Unread 14-05-2018, 12:52 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
How should people act when it comes to football then?

You are aware it’s a game, yes?

The whole thing is essentially childlike if you boil it down. Grown men getting excited about seeing a ball kicked around a field. Are those the actions of apparently intelligent adults?
May as well say that about any fan of any sport. Fergie got excited watching football. I wouldn’t say he acted like a 12 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
if mourinho got sacked tomorrow, then the club would be in a better state than it was under moyes and van gaal when they got the boot.

i don't think people realise that taking over a club constantly struggling for top four, littered with deadwood and highly paid egos, and then getting them to finish comfortably in the top four, winning a couple of trophies along the way, is a decent feat.

sure, settling for top four wouldn't have been the united way during the fergie era, but this isn't the fergie era. moyes set us back a shitload, and van gaal did nothing about that. whether you like his style of play or not, or like him as a person or not, it's clear as day that mourinho is steering the ship and making us harder to beat than we were under the scot and the dutchman.

has this been a season that united fans will fondly remember for years to come? no. have we played blistering attacking football all throughout? no. but after what we endured under our previous two managers and compare it to our actually decent performance in the league this season, i'm going to show jose a bit of patience and not call for his head while he's in the middle of a job.
Example A of a united fan not behaving like an impatient 12 year old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Bottom half of the league is worse than it has ever been, that is one important reason why city amassed 100 points.
Second to twentieth is worse than it’s ever been. Christ, one of the shittest united teams with huge issues finished second with 80+ points. The league has been terrible in recent years. Shows how bad we were that we’ve been finishing 4th-7th and we only needed to be this good to get second. Tottenham and Liverpool should be embarrassed.

We’ve been saying in recent years that a big club only needs to be decent and they’d piss the league. Any of the top 4 from 2008 would have been champions this season. City aren’t one of the great champions. They’re just the best champions in 5 or 6 years and the shitness of the rest made them look better. They’re big time Charlie bottle jobs who weren’t tested.

Unread 14-05-2018, 05:05 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
So add in Carrick going and that’s 3 of the new signings.

Lose

Carrick
Pogba
Martial
Darmian
Blind
Fellaini

Gain
RB
LB - Santos
CB - Maguire or Dier
Midfielder - ?