United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:37 PM
saffers

Default The 21 league games we've taken the lead we've all won

It's turning lads.

Next season, big tings a gwarning, woooffff

Sign of a serious team in the making right there.

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:38 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:40 PM
AK14

The times saying we’re targeting six signings this summer

Rb, Lb, Cb, Cmx2, Rw apparently

Big news if true () and it’s the kind of window we need.

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:41 PM
red in cumbria

All these runs must come to an end someday. Though not this one next weekend, hopefully

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:43 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
A utd fan being sniped by a spurs fan on a utd forum for supporting utd

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
It's turning lads.

Next season, big tings a gwarning, woooffff

Sign of a serious team in the making right there.
People want instant gratification. They’d have sacked Fergie in 88.

Unread 13-05-2018, 06:52 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
People want instant gratification. They’d have sacked Fergie in 88.
Yup. Zero patience when we actually have real life proof of progression.

Some of our games this season, not all of it, but some of them have been extremely dull, even mourinho the arch pragmatist will tell you theyve been dull, he knows, we know.

But we also know where we're coming from and what we need to build before we can truly kick on. All great teams are build from the back. Once this mentality is instilled into the team it will be easier for the midfield and attack to dominate.

Now we already have a decent record at the back with many average players. Imagine us after Alex Sandro, another CB, another RB and a couple of midfielders??

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
A utd fan being sniped by a spurs fan on a utd forum for supporting utd
Fascinating times on this forum.

But as always, we will have the last laugh.

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:09 PM
rubbernecker

It's not just 1988 but just before this forum blinkered intobeing there existed on RI a similar sort of angst and debate where many of the same accusations thrown at Mourinho today were being thrown at Ferguson.

Past it.Lost the plot.Quiroz is a @#%&! .This isn't the UTD way etc etc

Anyone else remember the 4-5-1 v 4-4-2 wars.

Pretty reminiscent of today TBH

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:14 PM
saffers

Quote:
It's not just 1988 but just before this forum blinkered intobeing there existed on RI a similar sort of angst and debate where many of the same accusations thrown at Mourinho today were being thrown at Ferguson.

Past it.Lost the plot.Quiroz is a @#%&! .This isn't the UTD way etc etc

Anyone else remember the 4-5-1 v 4-4-2 wars.

Pretty reminiscent of today TBH
Abuse ronnie used to get. Sell him was a very regular refrain, very few backed him around 05/06.

Ferie out, le guen in.

These reactionary evil forces are trying to stir shit up again. They'll all pretend to love mou next season when we're smashing it....

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Some people deserve a constant merry go round of managers serving up shite football. Oh look, he doesn’t have us playing like the busby babes after 12 months, his fault, next...

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:23 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Abuse ronnie used to get. Sell him was a very regular refrain, very few backed him around 05/06.

Ferie out, le guen in.

These reactionary evil forces are trying to stir shit up again. They'll all pretend to love mou next season when we're smashing it....
I remember the Ronnie stuff well

The slapped arses were vehement in their calls to get shut.

I'd exhume the threads if I was that arsed digging out the Chicken Littles

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:25 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
I remember the Ronnie stuff well

The slapped arses were vehement in their calls to get shut.

I'd exhume the threads if I was that arsed
Apparently intelligent adults acting like spoilt, entitled, impatient 12 year olds when it comes to football.

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:28 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Apparently intelligent adults acting like spoilt, entitled, impatient 12 year olds when it comes to football.
You've just described something akin to the RAWK delusion

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Ethers

Quote:
How should people act when it comes to football then?

You are aware it’s a game, yes?

The whole thing is essentially childlike if you boil it down. Grown men getting excited about seeing a ball kicked around a field. Are those the actions of apparently intelligent adults?

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:45 PM
rubbernecker

It's not just a game though is it and surely it is possible to be passionate about football without being reduced to the level and understanding of a seven year old child

Unread 13-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Ethers

Of course it’s fine to be passionate about football, there has to be an acceptance that the premise of the whole thing isn’t particularly adult. That’s part of the appeal.

Unread 13-05-2018, 08:08 PM
rubbernecker

I can appreciate where you're coming from and have a certain sympathy for that POV but I think both Dodger and I were referring to the tendency of people to conveniently rewrite the past ,their inability to learn anything from it and then childishly look around for someone to lynch

Here's Golden Gordon

Unread 13-05-2018, 08:32 PM
MagnificentSeven

if mourinho got sacked tomorrow, then the club would be in a better state than it was under moyes and van gaal when they got the boot.

i don't think people realise that taking over a club constantly struggling for top four, littered with deadwood and highly paid egos, and then getting them to finish comfortably in the top four, winning a couple of trophies along the way, is a decent feat.

sure, settling for top four wouldn't have been the united way during the fergie era, but this isn't the fergie era. moyes set us back a shitload, and van gaal did nothing about that. whether you like his style of play or not, or like him as a person or not, it's clear as day that mourinho is steering the ship and making us harder to beat than we were under the scot and the dutchman.

has this been a season that united fans will fondly remember for years to come? no. have we played blistering attacking football all throughout? no. but after what we endured under our previous two managers and compare it to our actually decent performance in the league this season, i'm going to show jose a bit of patience and not call for his head while he's in the middle of a job.

Unread 13-05-2018, 08:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
if mourinho got sacked tomorrow, then the club would be in a better state than it was under moyes and van gaal when they got the boot.

i don't think people realise that taking over a club constantly struggling for top four, littered with deadwood and highly paid egos, and then getting them to finish comfortably in the top four, winning a couple of trophies along the way, is a decent feat.

sure, settling for top four wouldn't have been the united way during the fergie era, but this isn't the fergie era. moyes set us back a shitload, and van gaal did nothing about that. whether you like his style of play or not, or like him as a person or not, it's clear as day that mourinho is steering the ship and making us harder to beat than we were under the scot and the dutchman.

has this been a season that united fans will fondly remember for years to come? no. have we played blistering attacking football all throughout? no. but after what we endured under our previous two managers and compare it to our actually decent performance in the league this season, i'm going to show jose a bit of patience and not call for his head while he's in the middle of a job.
Great postage

Unread 13-05-2018, 08:54 PM
sa7

At the moment he’s doing what he’s been asked to do. Get us back in the Champions League and improving the league position.

He’s made us (generally) harder to beat and has improved results on the whole. He’s also won 2 trophies and may get a third next week. He’s also improved our results in the big games.

However, next season he simply MUST make a genuine challenge for the title. Fair enough, City have run away with it but part of that is down to a failure to put them under any pressure. They’ve been playing without any real need to win for the best part of six months.

He also needs to completely shift the shit in the squad. I’m not going to list them, we know who they are and have done for years. I honestly couldn’t give a £#%&! if they’re on long contract and big wages. Pay them up, tear up the contract and kick them out the £#%&!ing door. Take the hit and get rid of them. Their coward mentalities and shithouse tendencies are inhibitors we can’t afford to retain.
Closed Thread