United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:52 AM
Ethers

Yes, would be equally embarrassing for a random fella on an Internet forum not to have identified KDB’s talent as it would be for the manager on a multi million pound salary who worked with him daily.

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:53 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Woah

Big Mike Mou out ?
Was talking about Fellaini pal, I'm afraid

Firmly in the '1 more year' camp atm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle

It's alarming how easily his devout followers swallow all his bs despite him being desperate for Fellaini to stay

Good job our previous managers did their best to get rid of the tree...

oh

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Even salah going to liverpool last year was met with shrugs. Just pure agenda against mourinho.
Quote:
"Well, when you look at it now, you can say it's an unbelievable bargain. The issue at the time was that when (director of football) Monchi came in, Salah wanted to leave, he had a year left (Salah actually had two years remaining on his deal with Roma) on his contract so in another year you'd get nothing.

“He wanted to go back (to the Premier League) and prove himself, which he certainly has done. We can't tell you that anybody else was calling for Salah at anywhere near that kind of price, so there's a lot of teams that have missed out on the great play he's had this year.

“I told him (Henry) that because he was sort of bitching a little about, "Did we overpay? I think we overpaid," and I said "I'll buy you lunch."
Liverpool only club interested in him last summer. Not Madrid, not Barca, not PSG, not Juventus, not Bayern, not even City. Liverpool.

Nobody saw this season coming for him. Nobody.

Bunker Buster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Was talking about Fellaini pal, I'm afraid

Firmly in the '1 more year' camp atm
Ah ok mate.....

Respect your position.

Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Ah ok mate.....

Respect your position.

Thanks pal, that's reassuring

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:55 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Yes, would be equally embarrassing for a random fella on an Internet forum not to have identified KDB’s talent as it would be for the manager on a multi million pound salary who worked with him daily.
Just because a player leaves to go and play football doesnt mean the manager doesnt rate the player.

Mourinho paid £75m for lukaku who he allowed to leave from chelsea to get more first team football at his young age.

It's just funny that supposed united fans who never rated these guys themselves are playing the big men now theyve become world class players. As i said, go find the threads, could be amusing reading. Can confirm i slagged salah

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:06 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Why do you care about their feelings?

This sort of softness is why we've lost our way post ferie.

Everytime he comes out and attacks these @#%&! it should be a good thing.
I don't give a £#%&! about their feelings I give a £#%&! about our manager laying the blame at the door of the players every £#%&!ing chance he gets.
Terrible man management imo

The 'effort' isn't there with Fellaini ffs ..he's a lumbering, jogging @#%&! who has not one single redeeming feature to his game.
..& to top it all off he's now playing the 'contract rebel' card .. ycnmiu

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:08 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Just pure agenda against mourinho. You don't think hed sign these guys if he had the chance today?
Pretty sure you'd never mention it had 'Fraudiola' dropped two similar %@#$&!s. And he's not going to get the chance to sign them, is he. Guardiola and Klopp beat him to it. He'd worked with them every day and decided they weren't going to make it. Fill you with confidence for his clear out?

Quote:
Mourinho is staying and he will keep humiliating you.
And the club. That's what I'm worried about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Nobody saw this season coming for him. Nobody.
Klopp?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Liverpool only club interested in him last summer. Not Madrid, not Barca, not PSG, not Juventus, not Bayern, not even City. Liverpool.
Like Dwight Yorke when we went in for him. Everybody thought Fergie had lost it. It's about being able to recognise talent.

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:12 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I don't give a £#%&! about their feelings I give a £#%&! about our manager laying the blame at the door of the players every £#%&!ing chance he gets.
Terrible man management imo

The 'effort' isn't there with Fellaini ffs ..he's a lumbering, jogging @#%&! who has not one single redeeming feature to his game.
..& to top it all off he's now playing the 'contract rebel' card .. ycnmiu
He's tall?

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:13 AM
AK14

Quote:
Thanks pal, that's reassuring

Quote:
Just because a player leaves to go and play football doesnt mean the manager doesnt rate the player.

Mourinho paid £75m for lukaku who he allowed to leave from chelsea to get more first team football at his young age.

It's just funny that supposed united fans who never rated these guys themselves are playing the big men now theyve become world class players. As i said, go find the threads, could be amusing reading. Can confirm i slagged salah
Spot on (again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I am not biggest fan of Mourinho but people keep bringing up Salah and KDB is ridiculous. No one knew how good De Bruyne was going to be and as for Salah, the amount of shit I gave my mate when I heard they had paid £35m for him. Thought it was a wind up ffs.

It's a stick that really shouldn't be used to beat him with.
Yep, it’s all rather odd.

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Pretty sure you'd never mention it had 'Fraudiola' dropped two similar %@#$&!s. And he's not going to get the chance to sign them, is he. Guardiola and Klopp beat him to it. He'd worked with them every day and decided they weren't going to make it. Fill you with confidence for his clear out?

And the club. That's what I'm worried about.
The things that give me confidence are:

- We've improved in terms of league position/general season achievements since LVG got the boot and Jose came in
- None of his signings have been complete flops. Question marks over Bailly (injuries) and Lindelof in particular sure, but hardly on the scale of the likes of ADM, Falcao, Schwein, Schneid etc.
- He has brought stability and, obviously, a winners mentality to the club/team if not necessarily all individuals
- After 2 seasons he claims to know which players he trusts and which he does not, and you have to presume further changes are coming.

Has all the above come at the cost of free flowing, attacking football that we may get from someone else? Sure if you compare to the great fergie years (because obviously it's easy to find a manager like that), but it's sure as £#%&! not got any worse since LVG.

The biggest compromise/sacrifice is - arguably - the likes of Martial and Rashford not playing every game. But it'd be utterly delighted if the hate-José crew could indicate which manager would have brought free flowing, trophy-laden attacking football using all our youth players to the club after the utter £#%&!ing mess that the combo of Moyes, LVG, and shit planning by the previous regime left us in.

Utterly shocked that people thought we wouldn't have a few years of relative 'mediocrity' while we have a manager who rebuilds almost an entire squad. We've won trophies and generally done alright. Not sure what more people want tbh, hence why getting rid of Mourinho now would be utterly, utterly foolish. But, as is inevitable, a lot of people seem to be of the opinion we should have a manager who's going to get us playing like Fergie did with the same longevity and principles.

Forget it.

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:19 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Spot on (again).

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:19 AM
AK14

Quote:
The things that give me confidence are:

- We've improved in terms of league position/general season achievements since LVG got the boot and Jose came in
- None of his signings have been complete flops. Question marks over Bailly (injuries) and Lindelof in particular sure, but hardly on the scale of the likes of ADM, Falcao, Schwein, Schneid etc.
- He has brought stability and, obviously, a winners mentality to the club/team if not necessarily all individuals
- After 2 seasons he claims to know which players he trusts and which he does not, and you have to presume further changes are coming.

Has all the above come at the cost of free flowing, attacking football that we may get from someone else? Sure if you compare to the great fergie years (because obviously it's easy to find a manager like that), but it's sure as £#%&! not got any worse since LVG.

The biggest compromise/sacrifice is - arguably - the likes of Martial and Rashford not playing every game. But it'd be utterly delighted if the hate-José crew could indicate which manager would have brought free flowing, trophy-laden attacking football using all our youth players to the club after the utter £#%&!ing mess that the combo of Moyes, LVG, and shit planning by the previous regime left us in.

Utterly shocked that people thought we wouldn't have a few years of relative 'mediocrity' while we have a manager who rebuilds almost an entire squad. We've won trophies and generally done alright. Not sure what more people want tbh, hence why getting rid of Mourinho now would be utterly, utterly foolish. But, as is inevitable, a lot of people seem to be of the opinion we should have a manager who's going to get us playing like Fergie did with the same longevity and principles.

Forget it.
Great post.

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:21 AM
Cream

Lads, it's Spurs.

And whatever it was that Shankly used to say about other teams. In fact here's an extract from his Huddersfield days:

Quote:
Beattie had spent a great deal of time trying to work out what the opposition was planning. “But Bill wasn’t worried about the opposition,” Taylor says. “His idea was to collect good players and to let them play. We never had a proper pre-match talk. He would just go around building up our confidence, telling us how good we were, how the other side ‘weren’t fit to be on the same park.’ He’d walk around the table. ‘The police are going to be upset,’ he’d say. ‘There’ll be eleven murders out there this afternoon.’”
No wonder he fitted in so well at Liverpool.

Horses for courses, really.

If you don't want Mou at the club, then you're going to question his every move. If you trust him to pull us out of our perilous post fergie situation, you swallow it and wait for the next manager to unleash whatever potential he leaves behind.

So it's no to Pochettino, no to LVG and certainly no, nay, never to Moyes.

Let the Moumeister do his thing, put us back on top, then we can talk about sexy football, putting an arm around delicate flowers and dismissing the opposition.

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:25 AM
Ethers

Quote:

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:25 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Utterly shocked that people thought we wouldn't have a few years of relative 'mediocrity' while we have a manager who rebuilds almost an entire squad.
Fully expected a few years of mediocrity. Fully expected a few years of shite football. Was kind of hoping we wouldn't have a few years of Fellaini. We're going to get all 3 again next season. Can't wait.

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:26 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

(Again)

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:28 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Let the Moumeister do his thing, put us back on top, then we can talk about sexy football, putting an arm around delicate flowers and dismissing the opposition.
well again, that all depends if you buy into the 'slow & painful process' line.

It's 5 years since Fergie left & we're terrible to watch & haven't even had so much as a sniff at the main 2 trophies.

Klopp's on the verge of winning the Champions League ffs
It's not rocket science.
I think we're just trying to prove to ourselves how realistic & patient we are.
5 years is long enough for a Club of Uniteds size.
We're over-complicating the living shit out of it.

The attitude, performance & result against Sevilla was shameful...as is the gap between us & City.
The so called 'progress' is a bit of a red herring to say the least.

Unread 10-05-2018, 11:29 AM
Ethers

We don’t believe it when he said that pal, because he was just wumming the press.

But we have to believe these latest quotes, because Saffers started a thread about them
Closed Thread