United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 06-05-2018, 07:46 PM
General

I still can’t believe we lost.

Unread 06-05-2018, 07:49 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
well thankfully so did the Vermin and Spurs so we got off lightly.....not that excuses Friday's shit show by any means

Unread 06-05-2018, 08:17 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by General
Watched us recently, pal?

Unread 06-05-2018, 08:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The rest of the world has finally caught up to what we’ve been watching week in and week out for years. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a pro less comfortable with a football than Smalling - though in fairness, Valencia does body shift thing too, but that’s more to accomodate his atrophied left than his overall technique. Smalling just wants no part of possession.
Tbf Southgate has him figured. Probably won't even go to the World Cup. Quite respect that tbh.

Unread 06-05-2018, 08:46 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Tbf Southgate has him figured. Probably won't even go to the World Cup. Quite respect that tbh.
In this day and age you can’t have a player who can’t play football
Even the goalkeeper has to play these days

Need a whole new back 4

Unread 06-05-2018, 08:48 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

Need a whole new back 4
we've got five centre-halves...six if you include Blind which I don't

Unread 06-05-2018, 08:51 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Smalling, Jones, Lindelof and Rojo are simply not good enough for an elite level club
Bailly potentially is but he’s still raw as £#%&! and has much to prove

Unread 06-05-2018, 09:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by f*** KFC
Blind is better than most if not all of them tbf.

Needs to play for a team who want to pass the ball though.

Unread 06-05-2018, 09:07 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Blind is better than most if not all of them tbf.

Needs to play for a team who want to pass the ball though.
No point having passers if no-one is in space to receive the ball tbf

Unread 06-05-2018, 09:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
No point having passers if no-one is in space to receive the ball tbf

Unread 06-05-2018, 10:32 PM
Kangared

Quote:

Need a whole new back 4
Yeah, let’s get @#%&!s like John Stones in who can pass the ball but ultimately lose it more than Smalling & then can’t defend.

Unread 06-05-2018, 10:34 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Yeah, let’s get @#%&!s like John Stones in who can pass the ball but ultimately lose it more than Smalling & then can’t defend.
I’d have stones tomorrow tbh

As it is I’d be happy with Alderweireld in, Rojo and one of Smalling or Jones out.

Unread 06-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I’d have stones tomorrow tbh

As it is I’d be happy with Alderweireld in, Rojo and one of Smalling or Jones out.
Would you trust Stones to be one & one against any decent striker ? After Matic Smalling has been Utd’s best outfield player this season . Rojo can go, bring Tuanzebe back. We have far bigger deficiencies in other areas that need addressing .

Unread 06-05-2018, 10:46 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Yeah because John Stones was exactly what I was thinking of

Look at the best clubs in Europe, do you think any of them would have defenders as bad on the ball as Smalling or even Jones in their squad never mind their team

Unread 06-05-2018, 10:47 PM
AK14

Quote:
Would you trust Stones to be one & one against any decent striker ? After Matic Smalling has been Utd’s best outfield player this season . Rojo can go, bring Tuanzebe back. We have far bigger deficiencies in other areas that need addressing .
I think he’ll get better, especially when playing with a player like bailey who likes to play on the front foot. Not going to happen though obvs

I’d have a couple of full backs and a midfielder above a centre back, but there’s no way Smallings good enough to be a starter if we want to improve imo and would need upgrading eventually.

Unread 06-05-2018, 11:00 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I think he’ll get better, especially when playing with a player like bailey who likes to play on the front foot. Not going to happen though obvs

I’d have a couple of full backs and a midfielder above a centre back, but there’s no way Smallings good enough to be a starter if we want to improve imo and would need upgrading eventually.
Disagree.
Smalling’s 1st priority is to defend & he has done that excellently this season . As long as he can pass it to the likes of Matic & Pogba or back to David then that’s all that he needs to be able to do, I don’t give a £#%&! if he does a triple pirouette while doing it

Quote:
Yeah because John Stones was exactly what I was thinking of

Look at the best clubs in Europe, do you think any of them would have defenders as bad on the ball as Smalling or even Jones in their squad never mind their team
Jones is in the top ten in pass percentage in the league.

Unread 07-05-2018, 03:32 AM
utd99

Quote:
Disagree.
Smalling’s 1st priority is to defend & he has done that excellently this season . As long as he can pass it to the likes of Matic & Pogba or back to David then that’s all that he needs to be able to do, I don’t give a £#%&! if he does a triple pirouette while doing it

Jones is in the top ten in pass percentage in the league.
Bruce, Pallister, Stam, Rio and Vidic all managed to defend better than Smalling while being good to decent on the ball. Why should we lower our standards?

Jones is not a bad player at all -albeit most of the pass completions you’re talking about being low risk sideways/backwards ones-, but his issue is unreliability. Injuries mostly, but two or three howlers a year too.

Unread 09-05-2018, 07:13 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Getting absolutely £#%&!ing sick of this tbh.

5 years of this £#%&!ing shit, watching various spineless @#%&!s surrender to teams that we'd have £#%&!ing smashed 5-0 a decade ago.

I know we all have our little battles on here and different opinions but surely everybody is £#%&!ed off after watching that? We all want the same thing, a winning football team that plays some exciting football. Is that so much to ask for with the resources at the disposal of manchester united.

I'm really not in the mood to argue with anyone on here tonight tbh but i really do worry when i see performances like that. There's big problems with this team and it's attitude, especially in games where we're expected to go and be dominant.

The club should apologies to all the supporters who travelled down there on a friday night to endure that £#%&!ing shite.
What did i say matey?

Also "apologise" lad not apologies.