United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-10-2015, 09:51 PM
woody78

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Thought Rooney had his best game of the season. He went off the boil for 15 minutes and the knives came out.
This .
He had about 3 bad touches in a row just before half time .
Overall I thought he was very good .

Garth Crooks is an absolute whopper though

Unread 19-10-2015, 09:51 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
I hate the way crooks on tv sounds like a police constabulary filing his report.
Say what you really think. You hate he exists. Just like me

Unread 19-10-2015, 09:56 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Thought Rooney had his best game of the season. He went off the boil for 15 minutes and the knives came out.
Thought he was absolute crap in the first half, bit better in the second and scored a goal which completely absolved all his sins to those who want to defend him absolutely.

Standards have dropped so much, anything he does which isn't dreadful is used as confirmation he isn't finished. Great players don't polarise opinion.

Unread 19-10-2015, 09:59 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Thought he was absolute crap in the first half, bit better in the second and scored a goal which completely absolved all his sins to those who want to defend him absolutely.

Standards have dropped so much, anything he does which isn't dreadful is used as confirmation he isn't finished. Great players don't polarise opinion.
There's a flip side to that though as well...

Unread 19-10-2015, 10:02 PM
red in cumbria

Seriously, how did Garth Crooks ever get to a prominent position in the PFA?? I doubt if he can even £#%&!ing dress himself FFS

Unread 19-10-2015, 10:02 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro

he was superb for 30 out of 45 mins in the first half

Unread 19-10-2015, 10:11 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Herrera was outstanding at Goodison, but so too was Smalling. Both performances have to be down to LvG and particularly the latter. What a transformation.
I was going to write something about not even trusting garth crooks to feed my cat, but....

smalling and herrera are good players. lvg has not transformed herrera - he plays him, which is what he should have done all along. not being a @#%&! every now and then is not something worthy of praise.

the lvg apologists think he is some kind of genius for finally seeing the light (if, indeed, he has). we'd be top of the table if he wasn't so #@&%!ed.

Unread 19-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Wingers

How does he still get a gig anywhere?

Unread 19-10-2015, 10:29 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingers
How does he still get a gig anywhere?
his track record is good and, to be fair, holland have fallen apart since he left. I know.

Unread 19-10-2015, 10:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I was going to write something about not even trusting garth crooks to feed my cat, but....

smalling and herrera are good players. lvg has not transformed herrera - he plays him, which is what he should have done all along. not being a @#%&! every now and then is not something worthy of praise.

the lvg apologists think he is some kind of genius for finally seeing the light (if, indeed, he has). we'd be top of the table if he wasn't so #@&%!ed.
Or if you were manager.

Unread 19-10-2015, 10:41 PM
20 times

Unread 19-10-2015, 11:24 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Or if you were manager.

might go for the fifa job, though.

Unread 19-10-2015, 11:44 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
The guy was basically captain on the field v everton. Even tonight neville showed a clip where he's telling everyone what to do. He was absolutely essential in that game and the missing link between one paced passing it about aimlessly and incisive exciting football.

I think lvg has been extra harsh with him because he really rates him.
Doubtful. If anything, he doesn't rate him as highly as us. He has continuously said he leaves him out of the lines up because of tactical reasons

LVG on why herrera isn't starting earlier...

“I like a second striker in that position [behind Wayne Rooney] more than a third midfielder. That is why, for example, Herrera is not playing but is always coming on as a substitute, because he is more of a controlling midfielder there” – Louis van Gaal.

LVG on herrera after everton's match

“It’s difficult to drop him, but I can do it,”

Unread 20-10-2015, 06:16 AM
irk

Unread 20-10-2015, 06:39 AM
puressence

was a good utd player with laurie Cunningham to be fair

Unread 20-10-2015, 06:48 AM
Zorg

I remember Crooks livid about a goal being awarded at the world cup after it had crossed the line

I think they just give him a job to stop him doing a Kenny Sansom, tbh,

Unread 20-10-2015, 06:59 AM
denis lawless

hes basically TBR with a microphone

Unread 20-10-2015, 07:06 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
that could not be real?

A related video;

@ 1:00

Whoa Geoff. Jesus.

Unread 20-10-2015, 07:11 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Littlejohn's face "does not compute"

Unread 20-10-2015, 07:11 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
was a good utd player with laurie Cunningham to be fair
None of us will ever forget those 7 games he spent with us on loan.
Closed Thread