United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2018, 04:42 AM
Shade

Do United get a trophy for finishing 2nd?

Unread 08-05-2018, 05:00 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Show me a side Jose managed that were anything more than spoilers.

He sees creative players as people to be made an example of to better the group. One creative player per team is allowed. The rest are drones or they are out.
His inter and Madrid teams generally played better football than united at the time. As did his first Chelsea team for a period. And his second come to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade
Do United get a trophy for finishing 2nd?
No. They get more money from next years champions league, which is key for Woodward and the glazers. It’s also easier to go from second to first in a season. But we could have finished sixth again if you’d prefer.

Unread 08-05-2018, 06:00 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
there were many contributors to this website smugly predicting liverpool would take 2nd place in late march.
I remember some £#%&!wit saying we'd win our last six games.

Unread 08-05-2018, 07:31 AM
waynes ear's

Roll on 5pm Sunday and this league campaign can be forgotten about

FA Cup final. Chance for Jose to end Conte. Then a world cup to look forward to and all the usual gossip / rumours on fred

Psssst: United was Godin and Greezy

Unread 08-05-2018, 03:54 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
We struggle badly still against teams that we're expected to turn up and out-play.

There's an immaturity running through this side that needs addressing if we want to challenge for big prizes.

Look at the teams we've lost to this season.

City
Chelsea
Spurs
Huddersfield
Newcastle
West Brom
Brighton

The last 4 should not be happening under any circumstances. Made even more damning when you consider that in 5 of the 7 defeats we've not even scored. That's a big issue that needs addressing.

This summer is going to be huge for the club. If we have any genuine ambition to go and win the league and get deep into the Champions League then I'm afraid we can't be bringing The Scottish Player and Lingard off the bench to make the difference and we can't continue with the dreadful selection of full backs we currently have.

Big changes are needed because City will not be resting on their laurels waiting for us to catch them up. Personally, I can't see us winning the league next season.
we always get shit results against shit teams. happened under fergie. in his last few years we lost to the likes of fulham, burnley, wolves, wigan, blackburn, norwich.

i've said before that finishing 2nd and (if we do, if) winning the fa cup, while not a vintage united year, is far from disastrous. it's apparent that we're being steered in the right direction as this is the first comfortable top four finish since fergie.

but i agree that this summer is make or break for jose. if come this time next year we haven't become, at the very least, genuine title contenders, i'm not sure how much further he can take us.

i have faith in him that he is capable of leading us to the title, but it's time for him to knuckle down and show us what he's truly made of. he's done it at porto, chelsea, inter and real, now he has to do it at united.

Unread 08-05-2018, 03:59 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Roll on 5pm Sunday and this league campaign can be forgotten about

FA Cup final. Chance for Jose to end Conte. Then a world cup to look forward to and all the usual gossip / rumours on fred

Psssst: United was Godin and Greezy
We should have spent a fortune on Godin yrs ago.

Griezman I'm not arsed about any more. Would be nice.

Unread 08-05-2018, 04:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
we always get shit results against shit teams. happened under fergie. in his last few years we lost to the likes of fulham, burnley, wolves, wigan, blackburn, norwich.

i've said before that finishing 2nd and (if we do, if) winning the fa cup, while not a vintage united year, is far from disastrous. it's apparent that we're being steered in the right direction as this is the first comfortable top four finish since fergie.

but i agree that this summer is make or break for jose. if come this time next year we haven't become, at the very least, genuine title contenders, i'm not sure how much further he can take us.

i have faith in him that he is capable of leading us to the title, but it's time for him to knuckle down and show us what he's truly made of. he's done it at porto, chelsea, inter and real, now he has to do it at united.
Spot on as usual
Closed Thread