United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-07-2007, 11:46 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I heard exactly the same arguments from others about Carrick and I have the same answer, signing fees don't wear the shirt, players do. Fact is that Hargreaves is far better than any cheaper option you want to mention and in the end, though we paid over the odds it hasn't affected us at all in the transfer market. We have the best available player for our midfield, 2 young attacking midfielders and probbly a quality forward coming in. I fail to see your problem, what do you want to spend the money saved on getting a lesser midfielder on?
All of this comes down to the performance on the field at the end of the day. Some people said that Carrick would be a waste of money and turned out to be worth his transfer fee, that does not mean Hargreaves will be. Kleberson wasn't.

My problem is esentially in 2 parts

1 Vast amounts of money that is adding to the club debt is being spent on players that I don't believe are anyway near good value.

2 The bringing in of foreign players is limiting the chances of home grown talent.

Unread 06-07-2007, 11:54 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
a couple of kids who are unproven (but cost a ridiculous shitload of money we can't afford);

yet another england b team midfielder who can't really tackle (but cost a shitload of money we can't afford.. deja vu);

maybe, just maybe, a sort of striker who's "a bit too similar to rooney" (and will cost a shitload of money we can't afford).

I don't know about you, but I'm buzzing to £#%&! (or whatever young people are saying on the street today.... I mean tonight).

so we don't have a defensive midfielder. so we don't have a goalscorer who can play two games in a row. so we'll be selling heinze, smith, richardson, silvestre, etc and be left with a thin squad again. so rossi still won't get a £#%&!ing chance. so £#%&!ing what?

there is no close season for misery.

torres will pick up the golden boot next season.

still, there is the prospect of fergie shaving his head to look forward to, I suppose.

Who rattled your cage?

Unread 06-07-2007, 06:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Who rattled your cage?
I don't have a cage.

I live free and unbounded.

I think that may be the problem. ;0)

Unread 06-07-2007, 06:49 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Found out today that Lucy PinderIs only 4ft8 tall, so will have absolutely tiny feet.
Birth Name
Lucy Katherine Pinder

Height
5' 5" (1.65 m)

Trivia

Measurements 40-26-34", bust size 32G.

Was discovered by a freelance photographer while sunbathing on Bournemouth Beach in August 2003.

Supports Southampton FC.

Wears size 9 wellies!
Closed Thread