United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:32 AM
saffers

Default Mou slams weak minded players, some will be turfed come summer

"How many points separate us from Manchester City?" Mourinho said. "Not two, three or four. A lot of points.

"Some of the people we have, they have to be more consistent in their performance and we need more quality. I trust some more than others that can bridge that gap. That's normal. I know the players. I worked with the players for a couple of years, so I know them better than anyone.

"And of course, some of the players I am totally convinced are going to make it, some others I have good hopes that they are going to make it and some others I don't believe they are going to make it. In my squad, I have some players where I would like to have better than what I have. That's basic."

United have dropped nine points against the promoted teams this season and also took seven points against relegated Stoke City and West Bromwich Albion.

And Mourinho admitted he cannot accept such a poor return from those fixtures, especially when his players have been able to rise to the occasion and win against their rivals at the top end of the table.

"For me, to win against all the small teams and to lose against all the big teams -- when I say 'small' and 'big', forgive my basic English, I would prefer to explain it another way -- but when you lose against the small teams and you win against the big teams, it's not right," he said.

"When you lose against the big teams and you win against the small teams, that is also not right. I think it's normal that during the season, you have your low moments, but in a balanced way. When you lose against all the teams that were promoted, that doesn't smell right for me."

With United ending their campaign against West Ham and Watford -- two teams in the bottom half of the table -- they have the opportunity to end the season on a winning note.

But Mourinho has told his players that the only way to win against lesser teams is to approach those games in the same way they would approach a clash against City, Chelsea or Liverpool.

"Try to succeed in getting every player to have the same mentality as I have," Mourinho said, when asked how he can change United's inconsistency against the weaker teams. "To have the same mentality as I have, is to face every game in the same way.

"I am not afraid to play against the big teams and I respect the small teams, and I prepare a match against a big team in the same way I prepare a match against a small team.

"For me, the match against the big team is not different to the match against the small team. Big and small, I don't like it [those terms], but that's the way I can express it."

http://global.espn.com/football/manc...m-wont-make-it

Yet some loons would want him sacked and a new 3/4 year lvg and moyes style mess would happen.....

Can't wait for this summers business, he's gonna be ruthless.

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:38 AM
RemisMoses

And this is our problem in a nut shell, he reduces EVERY game into small margins even against the shite, unwilling to take a risk whether we are playing Watford or Liverpool.

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:40 AM
ziggyman17

Herrera will probably be the only signing made by Van Gaal to stay.. Some amount of money wasted on shite since fergie went.. Only Matic and Lukaku have justified their transfer.. Di Maria, Depay, Schnerdlin, Shaw, The Pig Farmer all a waste of money and time..

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:51 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Herrera will probably be the only signing made by Van Gaal to stay.. Some amount of money wasted on shite since fergie went.. Only Matic and Lukaku have justified their transfer.. Di Maria, Depay, Schnerdlin, Shaw, The Pig Farmer all a waste of money and time..
Add Darmian and Rojo to that list.

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:53 AM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Romero the only decent signing he made for the club.

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:55 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Wash your mouth out.

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:55 AM
redhegemony

whatever you say about his style his winning mentality is undoubted.

Unread 10-05-2018, 09:58 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Wash your mouth out.
Sorry pal

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:19 AM
Sparky***

Sounds like he's getting ready to prune the weeds.

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:28 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Sounds like he's getting ready to prune the weeds.
He's trying to give the biggest one a new contract.

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:29 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:32 AM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:36 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
exactly.
& that's the reason why I don't give a flying £#%&! how 'ruthless' he's trying to sound in interviews.
Yet again it's all about him.
So many excuses.

Who exactly is he singling out there? - we all know the likes of Blind, Shaw & 1 or 2 others are off because they haven't been in his plans.
Martial is clearly out of favour too.

But have any of them been so disruptive as to cause the manager to continually slag them off in Newspapers?

He's just a £#%&!ing dick.

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:36 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
"I know the players. I worked with the players for a couple of years, so I know them better than anyone.

"And of course, some of the players I am totally convinced are going to make it, some others I have good hopes that they are going to make it and some others I don't believe they are going to make it"

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:38 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
arf

He's become that description of Marla in Fight Club, a sore in your mouth that just won't £#%&! off.

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:41 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:

It's alarming how easily his devout followers swallow all his bs despite him being desperate for Fellaini to stay

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:44 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
arf

He's become that description of Marla in Fight Club, a sore in your mouth that just won't £#%&! off.
Woah

Big Mike Mou out ?

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:47 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Nobody batted an eyelid.

Classic case of propaganda.

Could be embarrassing for a few if we find the threads of where city paid £55m for kdb 3 years ago when that was seen as a massive fee. Fair bit of scepticism iirc.

Even salah going to liverpool last year was met with shrugs. Just pure agenda against mourinho. You don't think hed sign these guys if he had the chance today?

Lukaku had to deal with the same nonsense, oooh mourinho sold you. Nah, Lukaku wanted out to play football as he was young. Same with kdb and salah. If mou had forced them out and treated them badly you dont think it'd be out there in the press? Especially with how city never miss an opportunity to obsess about united.

Sad how these supposed anti mourinho guys are basically posting like city and liverpool fans now. Pure bitterness. And then they get offended when we rightly accuse them of wanting united to lose games.

We won, get over it. Mourinho is staying and he will keep humiliating you.

Quote:
Fellaini may be terrible but at least the effort is there. Quite obvious im no fan of his but hardly a shock that he would stand out more as a loyal soldier and different option in a squad full of overpaid milky @#%&!....

That mou wants to keep fellaini as an option is a terrible reflection on the rest of this squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
exactly.
& that's the reason why I don't give a flying £#%&! how 'ruthless' he's trying to sound in interviews.
Yet again it's all about him.
So many excuses.

Who exactly is he singling out there? - we all know the likes of Blind, Shaw & 1 or 2 others are off because they haven't been in his plans.
Martial is clearly out of favour too.

But have any of them been so disruptive as to cause the manager to continually slag them off in Newspapers?

He's just a £#%&!ing dick.
Why do you care about their feelings?

This sort of softness is why we've lost our way post ferie.

Everytime he comes out and attacks these @#%&! it should be a good thing.

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:50 AM
windy waffles

I am not biggest fan of Mourinho but people keep bringing up Salah and KDB is ridiculous. No one knew how good De Bruyne was going to be and as for Salah, the amount of shit I gave my mate when I heard they had paid £35m for him. Thought it was a wind up ffs.

It's a stick that really shouldn't be used to beat him with.

Unread 10-05-2018, 10:51 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I am not biggest fan of Mourinho but people keep bringing up Salah and KDB is ridiculous. No one knew how good De Bruyne was going to be and as for Salah, the amount of shit I gave my mate when I heard they had paid £35m for him. Thought it was a wind up ffs.

It's a stick that really shouldn't be used to beat him with.
I mean you can expect it from snidey rival fans but united fans? Or maybe....
Closed Thread