United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:44 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Default So whats your favourite part of being crowned champions for 07/08?

For me it's feeling chuffed for local boy Wes Brown who for the first time got a decent run in the team and has been superb all year. Great to see him so involved and he will no doubt look back at that medal one day and feel a lot of pride in the knowledge that he earned it.

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Stickman

Thumbs up

The relief

One step closer to 18.

Liverpool fans will be absolutely vomiting too

We can go for 3 in a row.

If we lose the final we're champs at least.

It shows the world we're #1 in England.

Anderson, Harg, Tevez and Nani win it for the 1st time.

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Grimson

Mine's much more spiteful than yours. It's the pleasure of denying other @#%&!s the title. I can easily imagine the celebrations at Chelsea or Arsenal and it pleases me to know they're gutted - even more so to know that deep down, THEY know we deserve it.

I really can't even imagine Liverpool celebrating a Premiership title. My imagination is not that good.

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Ginners

won a £40 bet, sweet as

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:51 PM
toseeunited

my favourite part is that football won this season!!! as it did last year, the team who play football the way it should be have won the league!!

(note to saf to play the united way against the renters - we will beat them playing tevez and wazza up front - instead of trying to go like-for-like)

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:53 PM
elephantstone

mine was the 2 fingers that Fergie showed to his doubters

£#%&! you

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Luffy

winning it in the united style, many times during the season we've heard how young arsenal were, how efficient chelsea were, how arsenals football was so pretty etc.

We've played with a very young squad, with a lot of new players.

Scored more goals & conceded less than anyone else.

Played some wonderful football.

and we did it while staying TOP of the fair play league.

Man Utd way bitches.

and we reached the european cup final whilst doing it, thats very special.

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
no fun

seeing a scouser in work this morning and telling her she will never see her bunch of murdering chicken grieving @#%&!s win the premiership

that, and the nosh off harks wife last night

Unread 12-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Mine's much more spiteful than yours. It's the pleasure of denying other @#%&!s the title. I can easily imagine the celebrations at Chelsea or Arsenal and it pleases me to know they're gutted - even more so to know that deep down, THEY know we deserve it.

I really can't even imagine Liverpool celebrating a Premiership title. My imagination is not that good.
I like that viewpoint as well - the vision of Chelsea jumping about with the trophy.

Ballack in the press 'Utd bottled it'

These potential scenarios make it all the sweeter.

If Liverpool ever win it the love in will be sickening!

Unread 12-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I like that viewpoint as well - the vision of Chelsea jumping about with the trophy.

Ballack in the press 'Utd bottled it'

These potential scenarios make it all the sweeter.

If Liverpool ever win it the love in will be sickening!
When I was watching the presentation staging going up at the JJB yesterday I couldn't help but have a passing thought of them having the same shit at Stamford Bridge that those cockney @#%&!s wouldn't be using. It would have been too sickening seeing them lift that trophy after we should have had it sewn up weeks ago.

Unread 12-05-2008, 05:05 PM
jaffo

Seeing Ryan Giggs seal the title with a goal yesterday. I know he’s not as good as he used to be but he’s still a £#%&!ing marvellous footballer who has given us some fantastic moments over the past seventeen-odd years.

Unread 12-05-2008, 05:16 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
Seeing Ryan Giggs seal the title with a goal yesterday. I know he’s not as good as he used to be but he’s still a £#%&!ing marvellous footballer who has given us some fantastic moments over the past seventeen-odd years.
Mental when you think about it. £#%&!ing legend Giggs.

Unread 12-05-2008, 05:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ryan Giggs scoring the clincher and lifting the trophy - his 10th league title. He shoved the bile and bullshit back down his critics' throats - though some of them are still too far up their own arses to realise what @#%&!s they look.

"Some critics mean nothing, so I throw them where they deserve to be thrown - toilets, for instance"

Winning back-to-back titles yet again - the true mark of football legendary is 3-in-a-row; we have the chance to become the 1st team in English football history to do it twice. I'd swap the Champions League final for another 3-in-a-row right now, if I didn't know we can win both.

Unread 12-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Wafty Crank

Just happy that them bitter blue @#%&!s can't say that they cost us the title by beating us twice.

Unread 12-05-2008, 05:45 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

The football we've played

The sheer disappointment of every abu in the country

Bar scarfs returning to Uniteds support

Viva Ronaldo

Anderson, Tevez, Nani and Hargreaves all proving to be excellent additions to the squad.

"He's won it 10 times"

Unread 12-05-2008, 05:52 PM
MJ Ramone

Actually winning it off the back of our result...so the players could celebrate the Title straight off the back of a crucial 3pts.
For the sake of my nervous system I like to win it with a couple of games left, after our closest challenger loses a game..but there's nothing like winning it like we did yesterday.

Unread 12-05-2008, 06:26 PM
My Name is Keith

All of the above but key for me are:

1) The squad learning what's needed to keep winning and the mindset that goes with it.

2) That the best player in the world this year rightfully wins the league that he's playing in.

3) That Ryan Giggs got that goal yesterday and spoke with understated brilliance afterwards. No overhyped cockney %@#$&!s - just down to earth 'I'm not worthy' statements.

4) That Wayne Rooney will always always know that he did the right thing by joining United.

5) And that the winning will hopefully bring a confidence and momentum that will spur us on in the final. Chelsea know that they have £#%&! all if they don't win the Champs League. We should be more relaxed and that will benefit out play in the final (hopefully).

6) Lastly, that I am once again content that SAF is the best manager of all time.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:32 PM
captain scarlet

Winning it in a year where we might have expected a bit of transition time to be necessary with the new additions. At the outset of the year I was ecstatic at the signings but thought it might take them a while to turn it on as a team.

I see us stronger next season.

Unread 12-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Sparky***

The players we have. I feel so lucky to see the likes of wayne, ronny, tevez, anderson, rio etc at the club.
Closed Thread