United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-06-2019, 01:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He never trusted veron. If he had given him more of a chance veron could've been a success.

And I say that as someone who absolutely loves keane.
Perhaps in home games against lesser sides, Veron was an awful bugger for getting caught on the ball. Looked well off the pace in the Manchester derby and at Anfield and Highbury. I happen to think he was completely the wrong type of signing, Nedved's style would have suited us far more and would have surely been attainable for less at the time.

Unread 24-06-2019, 08:29 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Perhaps in home games against lesser sides, Veron was an awful bugger for getting caught on the ball. Looked well off the pace in the Manchester derby and at Anfield and Highbury. I happen to think he was completely the wrong type of signing, Nedved's style would have suited us far more and would have surely been attainable for less at the time.
£#%&!ing hell you've got a good memory pal.

Only remember a couple of performance of his and that was Everton at home where he ran the show and one in a pre-season friendly where Fergie called everyone a £#%&!ing great player and labelled everyone idiots before selling him a few weeks later (could have been months later but whatevs).
Closed Thread