United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-10-2019, 07:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
So the excuse of the day is injuries now I take it?
And what has that got to do with thosr players being useless/ineffective /cannot be bothered when they play?
Still keep them for their potential?
Shaw won POTY last season tbf.

Pogba was top goalscorer/assister.

These are the facts.

Unread 31-10-2019, 07:32 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Shaw won POTY last season tbf.

Pogba was top goalscorer/assister.

These are the facts.
The sequel to Wum Hard is Wum Hard 2: Wum Harder.

Fax.

Unread 31-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
When Martial was injured he was an enemy, especially back end of last season. Same as Pogba and Shaw now. Guaranteed whenever we hit some form people will still find someone on the treatment table to whinge about.
Happily treated Pogba as the enemy when he's fit and playing in the team. Nothing to do with being injured. He's a @#%&! whether he's fit or not.

Same with Shaw. He's shit, doesn't matter that he's injured.

Unread 31-10-2019, 07:36 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova85
Well, World Cup champion less than two years ago + France NT Starting XI.
So what? The French manager had all sorts of problems with him, then Pogba decided to do a disciplined job for 7 games due to a chance of personal glory. It’s entirely in keeping with his time here.

Unread 31-10-2019, 07:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
The sequel to Wum Hard is Wum Hard 2: Wum Harder.

Fax.
We’ve ended up having a discussion where I’m asked what the excuses are for our player of the year and top goalscorer being so ineffective. Wumming makes more sense than this..

Unread 31-10-2019, 07:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Martial hasn’t changed in the slightest. It’s just now he’s back and scoring goals we can pretend he’s working harder. He didn’t throw Mourinho under the bus at all; Mourinho’s treatment of him was strange and if he’d utilised Martial and Rashford better he may still be in a job.

When Martial was injured he was an enemy, especially back end of last season. Same as Pogba and Shaw now. Guaranteed whenever we hit some form people will still find someone on the treatment table to whinge about.
People are not dissatisfied with Pogba and Shaw because they’re in the treatment room mate. I find your deflection tactics to be very strange tbh.

Unread 31-10-2019, 07:53 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
People are not dissatisfied with Pogba and Shaw because they’re in the treatment room mate. I find your deflection tactics to be very strange tbh.
Part 3 is called Wum Hard with A Vengeance

Unread 31-10-2019, 08:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
People are whinging about them because most of the others played in the last few victories. It happens every season, with every fanbase. There's always got to be a chorus of pissing even when we win. Williams played well - over to the Shaw thread etc.

Pogba will be back in the side when he's fit. Not sure some will be able to manage that tbh

Unread 31-10-2019, 09:12 PM
utd99

Quote:
People are whinging about them because most of the others played in the last few victories. It happens every season, with every fanbase. There's always got to be a chorus of pissing even when we win. Williams played well - over to the Shaw thread etc.

Pogba will be back in the side when he's fit. Not sure some will be able to manage that tbh
Why do you have such a problem with United supporters discussing United players on a United forum? So many of your replies are not disputing what’s being said so much as objecting to the fact that it’s even being said. Odd.

Unread 31-10-2019, 09:15 PM
d_knight

Quote:
Why do you have such a problem with United supporters discussing United players on a United forum? So many of your replies are not disputing what’s being said so much as objecting to the fact that it’s even being said. Odd.
That's Wum Hard 4.0

Unread 31-10-2019, 09:38 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Tbh I bumped the Shaw thread precisely because of the shit I saw Pogba getting on here. Pogba has been a huge disappointment for us yet he can point to winning a WC, playing in a Champions League final, winning titles and playing for one of the top teams in Europe. Shaw, averaging about 14 matches a season and with a contract that will take him to a testimonial can point to career highs of playing ok for Southampton and a few decent matches at the start of the 15-16 season.

It's little to do with the fact he is currently injured, (although the accumulation of missed matches due to a string of injuries/being unfit per two different managers is instructive to his character and value to the squad). He has done nothing to merit a 5 year contract and done nothing to suggest he would be good enough even as a backup for a top team.

He isn't to blame for the contract nor is it his fault that the squad was such a mess that replacing him wasn't a priority, but he has blagged a career with us and seemingly people that have seen him up close for five seasons agree.

Unread 31-10-2019, 09:44 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Utter nonsense. Reality is you just want to complain about Pogba even when he isn't playing;. And you suggest I lack substance

I label it as whinging precisely because of how quickly people run out of argument.

"He's not productive"

"He was our top goalscorer and assist-maker last season"

"Wum..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Tbh I bumped the Shaw thread precisely because of the shit I saw Pogba getting on here. Pogba has been a huge disappointment for us yet he can point to winning a WC, playing in a Champions League final, winning titles and playing for one of the top teams in Europe. Shaw, averaging about 14 matches a season and with a contract that will take him to a testimonial can point to career highs of playing ok for Southampton and a few decent matches at the start of the 15-16 season.

It's little to do with the fact he is currently injured, (although the accumulation of missed matches due to a string of injuries/being unfit per two different managers is instructive to his character and value to the squad). He has done nothing to merit a 5 year contract and done nothing to suggest he would be good enough even as a backup for a top team.

He isn't to blame for the contract nor is it his fault that the squad was such a mess that replacing him wasn't a priority, but he has blagged a career with us and seemingly people that have seen him up close for five seasons agree.
Apart from his teammates, who voted him POTY?

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:00 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

People moan about the same players because those players are regularly unconvincing fairly straightforward tbh. People talk about Shaw when William plays because they hope that we may have stumbled upon someone who might be more reliable than a fat @#%&! who’s more injured than not.

People moan about pogba because he’s consistently disappointing and he’s our highest profile and probably highest paid player. They’re on him now because we appear to be recovering without him or even despite him. It’s a nice feeling that a player who wants to leave ends up becoming marginalised because the team starts to play well without him. It’s a £#%&! you moment. People may end up challenging you because you seem to defend him.

Granted that a lot of proportion gets lost - look at dunk on mata or bunks on pogs. But hay that’s football forums

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:05 PM
dunk

I’ve always been right about Mata tbf.

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:06 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Apart from his teammates, who voted him POTY?
I know you're keen on facts so here's one, our record goalscorer and one of the all-time great players this country has produced called out his former team-mate on national TV for phoning in injuries:

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
People moan about the same players because those players are regularly unconvincing fairly straightforward tbh. People talk about Shaw when William plays because they hope that we may have stumbled upon someone who might be more reliable than a fat @#%&! who’s more injured than not.

People moan about pogba because he’s consistently disappointing and he’s our highest profile and probably highest paid player. They’re on him now because we appear to be recovering without him or even despite him. It’s a nice feeling that a player who wants to leave ends up becoming marginalised because the team starts to play well without him. It’s a £#%&! you moment. People may end up challenging you because you seem to defend him.

Granted that a lot of proportion gets lost - look at dunk on mata or bunks on pogs. But hay that’s football forums
Like I defended Rashford and Martial when everyone was pilling in. I don't even see it as defending players, just stating that these guys are among our most talented players and they'll walk into the team when fit. People can pretend Pogba is average if they want but he's our best player and will be back in the side when he's recovered from injury.

As you say, proportion gets lost. I didn't say I was shocked or appalled at proportion getting lost. In fact I just said it happens every year in every fan base. It's what fans do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
I know you're keen on facts so here's one, our record goalscorer and one of the all-time great players this country has produced called out his former team-mate on national TV for phoning in injuries:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ja5D6jBnpCY
Yeah I posted that when it happened. And again recently. Proportion

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:24 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Like I defended Rashford and Martial when everyone was pilling in. I don't even see it as defending players, just stating that these guys are among our most talented players and they'll walk into the team when fit. People can pretend Pogba is average if they want but he's our best player and will be back in the side when he's recovered from injury.

As you say, proportion gets lost. I didn't say I was shocked or appalled at proportion getting lost. In fact I just said it happens every year in every fan base. It's what fans do.

Yeah I posted that when it happened. And again recently. Proportion
Think the definition of best is obvs very subjective. Imo, Pogba isn’t our best player, he’s one of our worst. However, it’s evident to me that he could be our best. That’s where the frustration lies. I’m one of the few that would prefer to keep him - but it’s a difficult gig and I can’t understand why you can’t see the other side of the argument which is hugely compelling tbh.

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Think the definition of best is obvs very subjective. Imo, Pogba isn’t our best player, he’s one of our worst. However, it’s evident to me that he could be our best. That’s where the frustration lies. I’m one of the few that would prefer to keep him - but it’s a difficult gig and I can’t understand why you can’t see the other side of the argument which is hugely compelling tbh.
I think you can want to sell Pogba without being reduced to saying he's shit, hasn't done anything in the shirt and is ineffective.

That's not an argument imo, it's just being hysterical. It's the part of fandom I come to expect but can never really understand.

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:51 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I think you can want to sell Pogba without being reduced to saying he's shit, hasn't done anything in the shirt and is ineffective.

That's not an argument imo, it's just being hysterical. It's the part of fandom I come to expect but can never really understand.
Is anyone saying that though?

Most are just saying he's been disappointing and underwhelming.

He's our best midfielder, but he's still been disappointing.

Unread 31-10-2019, 10:54 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Is anyone saying that though?

Most are just saying he's been disappointing and underwhelming.

He's our best midfielder, but he's still been disappointing.
Yes, quite literally.

Disappointment is the way I'd sum it up. An ineffective, poisonous weight around our neck - not so much.
Closed Thread