United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:07 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macca1990
not gonna jump on the bandwagon because saa's previous penalty's were both well placed in the corner with relatively good pace if he had sent boruc diving the other way you'd all be drooling over his lap

however I have always wonderd why ronaldo has not taken our penalty's never seen him hit a bad one
nope. i have to disgree.
i watched a mutv rerun of the first celtic game and saha penalty was nearly saved

ronaldo has only taken on penalty for the club that was in the carling cup tie just after george best died.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:07 PM
The Watcher

Don't want to have a go at Saha after one poor game. However, after bottling an easy chance moments before, either the manager or captain should have told someone else (Ronaldo) to take it. It was obvious he was going to miss it

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:08 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
not gonna jump on the bandwagon because saa's previous penalty's were both well placed in the corner with relatively good pace if he had sent boruc diving the other way you'd all be drooling over his lap
I think that is the point, he didn't, and never looked like doing so either!

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:11 PM
violater

Quote:

however I have always wonderd why ronaldo has not taken our penalty's never seen him hit a bad one

if you stand just nxt to the ball dont think you can get enought power on it to get it the other way

the keeper knew there was only one way the ball could go.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
if he had sent boruc diving the other way you'd all be drooling over his lap
How was he going to do that stood where he was? He left himself no option but to hit it in that corner, he couldn't have telegraphed it any more if he'd £#%&!ing pointed it out...

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:13 PM
NinoyAquino

I worry what something like that could do to Saha for the rest of the season. A confidence player if ever there was one and he looked £#%&!ing distraught at the end. I'm not his biggest fan but fair £#%&!s to Rio for going over at the end, putting his arm round him and telling him to keep his chin up. He needed that.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:13 PM
Tiberian

It did not help that he stood there for about 2 mins when the ref sorted things out, too much time to dwell on the consequences of failure and his previous miss.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:16 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
It did not help that he stood there for about 2 mins when the ref sorted things out, too much time to dwell on the consequences of failure and his previous miss.
to me that reads " weak character"

hes been a vital part of the team 2nd half of last season and the first half of this......but that showed a weakness

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:17 PM
borsuk

saha has done a good job so far - as i remember it's the first he's missed for us (yes, i know he hasn't taken many). ronaldo would be ok - more than ok - but calm down: sooner or later he'll miss one too.

boruc had an unbelievable night. we didn't play badly. it happens. if we play that well at the weekend we'll get a result against chelsea.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:18 PM
Lazarus

there was moment where he turned back to look at the ref to see if he was about to blow the whistle and I just knew..like down to my very being..that he would miss.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Always a bad thing to be made to wait.

I think perhaps we've analysed this to death. Bad penno, he missed, get Ronaldo on the next one.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:20 PM
NinoyAquino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazarus
there was moment where he turned back to look at the ref to see if he was about to blow the whistle and I just knew..like down to my very being..that he would miss.
I think everyone did. I would have put my house on it.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
boruc had an unbelievable night.
Did he really

Other than the pen save, and the ball Saha scooped right into him, did he make another save?

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Did he really

Other than the pen save, and the ball Saha scooped right into him, did he make another save?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

violater

i know this will sound stupid but i was thinking about wether saha should stop taking our penalties before todays game
he puts them all in the same place and the fact he has never shown the ability to mix up his technique.
keepers will keep saving them etc

ronaldo or giggs for me.

denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinoyAquino
I think everyone did. I would have put my house on it.
if id put my house on it....the @#%&! would have scored

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater™
i know this will sound stupid but i was thinking about wether saha should stop taking our penalties before todays game
he puts them all in the same place and the fact he has never shown the ability to mix up his technique.
keepers will keep saving them etc

ronaldo or giggs for me.
Ronaldo yes, he has the confidence, but not Giggs, too flaky in front of goal for my liking, only other pen he has taken was a miss in a shoot out in the f a cup.

Would keep Saha on them for the moment, only missed one, even Eric missed pens.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:35 PM
violater

Quote:

Would keep Saha on them for the moment, only missed one, even Eric missed pens.
why would you do that.

he will only ever put the ball in the same place and a player with such a poor record in one on one situations should never take penalties.

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:38 PM
puressence

at exactley the same time as he missed ruud missed for madrid from the spot

Unread 21-11-2006, 10:39 PM
violater

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
at exactley the same time as he missed ruud missed for madrid from the spot
every cloud....
Closed Thread