United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: AZ Alkmaar v Manchester United (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
AZ Alkmaar v Manchester United (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
AZ Alkmaar 2/1 (2.00) 2 10136  
Manchester United 6/4 F (1.50) 5 17259  
Draw 5/2 (2.50) 3 74300 WIN!

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:35 PM
saayfooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Why do those young strikers at Arsenal have no problem tearing poorer teams apart?
Good coaching.

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can you give us a clue?

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:37 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
That can’t be his actual words
Fergie has lied worse than that...what do expect him to say ?

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:48 PM
utd99

Has anyone in our squad ever met a backwards pass they didn’t love?

Rashford should try hitting free kicks along the ground; that way they might only go ten feet over.

Still, at least we won the ‘kicking the ball out of play’ stakes.

Total fear, zero confidence, hapless throughout.

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:54 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
He’s got to go now, it’s beyond a £#%&!ing joke tbh.
Drawing 0-0, away from home in the EL with a team of reserves and kids is 'beyond a joke'?

Mardarse United fans on the prowl.

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:55 PM
NegativeNorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
https://twitter.com/utdreport/status...113326080?s=21

Decent point away from home, but what game was he watching
That can't be a genuine quote, surely?

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:59 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Drawing 0-0, away from home in the EL with a team of reserves and kids is 'beyond a joke'?

Mardarse United fans on the prowl.
Vedder is in the top 5 hysterics on here tbf. Not just Utd in fairness, check any Wales thread

Unread 03-10-2019, 08:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Fergie has lied worse than that...what do expect him to say ?
How about

“Tough match, difficult pitch. We didn’t play well but coming away with a draw from possibly the toughest match in our group is a decent result”

Doesn’t have to tell the truth about how awful we were but just don’t talk utter shite about a good performance and should have got 3 points
Treat us fans with a bit more respect than to come out with such utter tripe and expect us to buy it

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:03 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Vedder is in the top 5 hysterics on here tbf. Not just Utd in fairness, check any Wales thread
Didn't see last 10 minutes of the first half or any of the second, but clear as day you're creating absolutely nothing when your 2 senior men in midfield are completely and utterly shot, anonymous and can't trap or pass a ball.

Garner needs to play in these games, just ditch Matic and Mata at a care home in Holland somewhere ffs.

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
There was nothing to like about that performance. We didn’t have a single shot on target, and the amount of time it was taking us to even look forwards from midfield made it look like they had 20 players.

We should have been able to field a third team and play better than that.

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:10 PM
puressence

Enjoyed that.

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
There was nothing to like about that performance. We didn’t have a single shot on target, and the amount of time it was taking us to even look forwards from midfield made it look like they had 20 players.

We should have been able to field a third team and play better than that.
Quote:
Didn't see last 10 minutes of the first half or any of the second, but clear as day you're creating absolutely nothing when your 2 senior men in midfield are completely and utterly shot, anonymous and can't trap or pass a ball.

Garner needs to play in these games, just ditch Matic and Mata at a care home in Holland somewhere ffs.

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:17 PM
barkabal

Freds head is scrambled. Matics freefall from a good CM to a £#%&!ing joke is unparalleled.

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barkabal
Freds head is scrambled. Matics freefall from a good CM to a £#%&!ing joke is unparalleled.
Sanchez begs to differ on the free fall champion claim..

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
I’m not disagreeing that our midfield are woeful, but there were plenty of moments for the others to do something/anything of note but they didn’t. At this point I’d take a good performance and a defeat than watch more of that garbage.

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I’m not disagreeing that our midfield are woeful, but there were plenty of moments for the others to do something/anything of note but they didn’t. At this point I’d take a good performance and a defeat than watch more of that garbage.
The kids are too young and inexperienced. The comparison with Arsenal was made earlier, I think they’re all older, more developed and have had loans in the case of Reiss Nelson and I think Martinelli. It’s painful, but we’re watching the beginnings of the education for Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Williams and Garner, when he finally appears. Far too early for the 4/5 of them imo. But we’re a bit out of options.

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:30 PM
sweetleftfoot

Think James Garner must be recording a Bear Grylls series or something

Unread 03-10-2019, 09:38 PM
utd99

Quote:
The kids are too young and inexperienced. The comparison with Arsenal was made earlier, I think they’re all older, more developed and have had loans in the case of Reiss Nelson and I think Martinelli. It’s painful, but we’re watching the beginnings of the education for Chong, Gomes, Greenwood, Williams and Garner, when he finally appears. Far too early for the 4/5 of them imo. But we’re a bit out of options.
We just look like we haven’t got a clue what to do in most situations, even ones that have a bit of promise about them. The midfield seems perfectly happy to make backwards and sideways passes to players out wide who’re in worse positions than they are, then that player has to check back and it’s rinse and repeat. Good, confident players want the ball - we treat it like a hot potato. Here you do something, here you do something, etc etc.

I’m dog tired of trying to explain it. I’d just love to see some hope.

Unread 03-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Actually though Brandon Williams looked decent tbh...

I don’t think he’s going to be a great player but could turn out to be a useful one.
The new Borthwick-Jackson

Unread 03-10-2019, 10:18 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
The new Borthwick-Jackson
Could do with his whipped in crosses from the left tbf.