United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: Manchester United v Arsenal (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Manchester United v Arsenal (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Manchester United 7/5 F (1.40) 10 643568  
Arsenal 2/1 (2.00) 6 44600  
Draw 13/5 (2.60) 1 1100 WIN!

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:02 PM
saayfooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
There was a noticeable difference in the attack as soon as Pereira came off and Rashford moved to the right. Rashford instantly looked more confident and useful in that position.

James on the left and Rashford on the right should be standard now when they are both fit, with Martial in the middle when he's fit, and Greenwood when he's not.

Lingard and Pereira should not start. Lingard off the bench I think I'd be OK with, not so much with Pereira until someone can understand what his best position is.

The difference between The Scottish Player and Pogba yesterday was massive. The Scottish Player looked stronger, faster and more switched on. He was constantly beating men going forward. I don't recall seeing Pogba beat one man yesterday. IMO the only thing Pogba offered was fewer individual mistakes than his previous outings.

Young
Some silly shit here.

Pogba garners the attention of the whole oppo midfield, plays deeper than McT and has the responsibility of picking up the ball from the defence.

Ole is sacrificing Pogba to play McT.

Play McT in Pogba's role yesterday and he will die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
No, this has been a prominent issue with the club since Moyes. LvG’s entire ethos is essentially built on the idea of breaking a team down, especially in that final third. It’s not the coaches at this point, it’s the players we have and the amount of square pegs we are forcing into round holes.

You’ve noted yourself that James is a natural winger, and he’s probably the first we’ve actually deployed in a few years. Sticking Lingard, Mata, Rashford and Martial on the wing has hindered us massively. Especially with the first two being rubbish now, Rashford not being able to hit any kind of form and Martial just flat out being better up top.

But, and I can’t stress this enough, we haven’t just forced players out of position; we actually have some really shit players who have survived far too long. That’s what stops us from breaking teams down, you can see the usual culprits brains going into overdrive when they have the ball and they almost always make the wrong decision from there on.

I’m sticking with Ole because the squad itself isn’t good enough, and the few signings he’s made have at least looked to solve some issues (him signing an actual winger won me over on him tbh).
Signing players is one part of the puzzle. The other is getting the team to play in a certain way. The latter can be implemented immediately.

Ole chooses to play 4231. Ole chooses to play Periera right wing and drift inside and kill our right wing. He chooses to play with a number 10. He chooses to play rashford eventhough he is injured or not 100%. He chooses to play a fill in left back right back and a right footed centre back at left back lol

These are all his mistakes.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:04 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saayfooty
Some silly shit here.

Pogba garners the attention of the whole oppo midfield, plays deeper than McT and has the responsibility of picking up the ball from the defence.

Signing players is one part of the puzzle. The other is getting the team to play in a certain way. The latter can be implemented immediately.

Ole chooses to play 4231. Ole chooses to play Periera right wing and drift inside and kill our right wing. He chooses to play with a number 10. He chooses to play rashford eventhough he is injured or not 100%. He chooses to play a fill in left back right back and a right footed centre back at left back lol

These are all his mistakes.
Yeah but it's a process remember

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
There was a noticeable difference in the attack as soon as Pereira came off and Rashford moved to the right. Rashford instantly looked more confident and useful in that position.

James on the left and Rashford on the right should be standard now when they are both fit, with Martial in the middle when he's fit, and Greenwood when he's not.

Lingard and Pereira should not start. Lingard off the bench I think I'd be OK with, not so much with Pereira until someone can understand what his best position is.

The difference between The Scottish Player and Pogba yesterday was massive. The Scottish Player looked stronger, faster and more switched on. He was constantly beating men going forward. I don't recall seeing Pogba beat one man yesterday. IMO the only thing Pogba offered was fewer individual mistakes than his previous outings.

Young
I thought Peirera had a decent game tbh.

Created a good chance for himself in the first half and worked his %@#$&!s off applying pressure to the arse back line. He’s not a RW though is he and Rashford looked the best he has done a while in the 20? Or so minutes on the right wing imo.

Lingard was just dreadful, offered absolutely nothing and needs to be dropped asap.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:15 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by saayfooty
Some silly shit here.

Foreword on your own post? Nice touch tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Created a good chance for himself in the first half and worked his %@#$&!s off applying pressure to the arse back line. He’s not a RW though is he and Rashford looked the best he has done a while in the 20? Or so minutes on the right wing imo.
This is the problem I have with Pereria, what is his best position? He has a cracking delivery on him, probably the best crosser we have in the squad atm, but I have no idea where we can play him.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Foreword on your own post? Nice touch tbf.

This is the problem I have with Pereria, what is his best position? He has a cracking delivery on him, probably the best crosser we have in the squad atm, but I have no idea where we can play him.
Agree.

I think he’s probably a 10? But I’m not sure we should be playing with a 10 anyway.

Who was the muppet that was asking for him to be played as a deep lying playmaker? What a plonker ...

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:25 PM
utd99

Pereira, ffs.

He’s shown absolutely nothing to indicate he’s the solution to anything. He only ‘created’ that chance for himself because he didn’t have the vision, awareness or ability to anything other than continue to let his momentum carry him forward and see what happened - in other words, head down and keep running. What happened was the most obvious and predictable of finishes.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:31 PM
Sparky***

Resolve is being tested now. We need to stick by the manager now, see this through.

If rebuilding this squad is like building a house at the moment we're staring at a hole in the ground whilst the foundations are being laid.

Unfortunately I reckon our chief mong in charge will sack him before christmas.

atticusgrinch

Quote:

Lingard was just dreadful, offered absolutely nothing and needs to be dropped asap.

£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Pereira, ffs.

He’s shown absolutely nothing to indicate he’s the solution to anything. He only ‘created’ that chance for himself because he didn’t have the vision, awareness or ability to anything other than continue to let his momentum carry him forward and see what happened - in other words, head down and keep running. What happened was the most obvious and predictable of finishes.
Nothing player in a nothing team with a nothing manager .....too soon ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:35 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Resolve is being tested now. We need to stick by the manager now, see this through.

If rebuilding this squad is like building a house at the moment we're staring at a hole in the ground whilst the foundations are being laid.

Unfortunately I reckon our chief mong in charge will sack him before christmas.
Talk of sacking him is madness; but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have to face the music like everyone else this club employs. There is no universal rule that states you have to look like dog shit just because you’re re-building.
In fact, what is a rebuild if not a gradual improvement?

Brendan Rodgers has been at Leicester less than a year and they look better than us with inferior players. Someone’s going to chime in that we beat them, but they are moving forward, improving every game, a decent watch. Are we?

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Talk of sacking him is madness; but that doesn’t mean he shouldn’t have to face the music like everyone else this club employs. There is no universal rule that states you have to look like dog shit just because you’re re-building.

Brendan Rodgers has been at Leicester less than a year and they look better than us with inferior players. Someone’s going to chime in that we beat them, but they are moving forward, improving every game, a decent watch. Are we?
Nope.

Suck it up dude, it's gonna take a while.

It's shit. I know it is. But anyone who expected any different going into the season was either a moron or doesn't watch much of United

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:40 PM
AK14

Quote:

Don’t know about that bit tbh.

They’ve got a good squad of players.

Vardy, Ndidi, Evans, Ricardo, Chilwell, Tielmans and Maddison would arguably all get a place in this united side.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Jethro

It's a lessons learned situation, but the club hasn't taken on board a single warning sign. The 'rebuild' process should have taken two seasons, three tops. Yet here we are falling further and further behind.

We can argue ad nauseam and we know who to blame. But no one seems to care. It's bizarre.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Nope.

Suck it up dude, it's gonna take a while.

It's shit. I know it is. But anyone who expected any different going into the season was either a moron or doesn't watch much of United
I don’t mind it taking as long as it takes; just show me something ffs.

We expect better because we have hope. Without hope what’s the point? Football is not static; teams improve, teams decline - just show some £#%&!ing improvement.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:42 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Don’t know about that bit tbh.

They’ve got a good squad of players.

Vardy, Ndidi, Evans, Ricardo, Chilwell, Tielmans and Maddison would arguably all get a place in this united side.
Good point. Everyone pointing at Leicester all the £#%&!ing time.. Couldn't give a £#%&! what they're doing to be perfectly honest but they actually have a £#%&!ing 20 goal a season striker and a few midfielders who can chip in with goals, so there you go straight away they're better.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Pereira, ffs.

What are you talking about

I didn’t say he was the solution to anything

I said last night he had a decent game, which he did.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:45 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I don’t mind it taking as long as it takes; just show me something ffs.

We expect better because we have hope. Without hope what’s the point? Football is not static; teams improve, teams decline - just show some £#%&!ing improvement.
Fergie 86. Went from 11th, to 2nd, then 11th, then 13th......

Not just a rebuild, but to change the culture of the dressing room. Very important point. Players are gonna be pissed off, others are gonna want away.

We need a few transfer windows.

This is gonna take YEARS mate. Might be quicker if we get new owners who decided to actually let us spend the full force of what we turn over...

...resigned to it now mate. It's gonna be a long winter.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:46 PM
utd99

Quote:
What are you talking about

I didn’t say he was the solution to anything

I said last night he had a decent game, which he did.
Well first of all he didn’t; but I wasn’t referencing your statement so much as making a general observation on another of our absolute nothing players.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:49 PM
AK14

Quote:
Well first of all he didn’t; but I wasn’t referencing your statement so much as making a general observation on another of our absolute nothing players.
Quote:
When Pereira ran through in the first half you had James and Lingard just standing at the edge of the box staring at him - literally no clue what runs to make; and where was our centre forward? Pereira had no options but to keep running and take the shot.

What run would Sterling or Son have been making? At the very least they’d have been pulling defenders away. This is why we don’t create.

Make your mind up, fool.

Unread 01-10-2019, 01:57 PM
utd99

Quote:

Make your mind up, fool.
You’re not doing yourself any favours here tbh.

Pereira had a good game. Yeah, ok...

Mug.