United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive
vBookie Event: Manchester United v Arsenal (Football)
This event is over.
vBookie Event
Manchester United v Arsenal (Football)

This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Manchester United 7/5 F (1.40) 10 643568  
Arsenal 2/1 (2.00) 6 44600  
Draw 13/5 (2.60) 1 1100 WIN!

Unread 01-10-2019, 12:09 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Probably shouldn't have watched that after match interview with Keane. Showing clips of him playing.

£#%&!ing hell. Talk about rub salt into the wounds.
compared to pogba pogba does 2 simple forward passes and passes backward for the rest of the game and hides.

Unread 01-10-2019, 12:15 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
compared to pogba pogba does 2 simple forward passes and passes backward for the rest of the game and hides.
I think it’s become clear at this point that Pogba is the finishing touch to an established team, he’s never going to be the foundation for one that’s building. He doesn’t have the mentality for it, and these inspirational speeches he’s supposed to have given are nothing compared to the impact an inspirational performance would provide.

Unread 01-10-2019, 07:30 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Really didn't know that Pogba stat - pretty damning for anybody in his position, never mind one with his supposed talent.
Pogba has been a bit shit.. but when our strikers cant score how do you have that expectation on him from a deep midfield role of two.

Then when he goes forward people will complain that he is neglecting his CM duties and leaving The Scottish Player exposed.

Ole has some shite tactics with some.shite players.

Hate to say it. But looks like another season out the champions league. Hope the sponsers pull out and woodward and the glazers get £#%&!ed

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:46 AM
saayfooty

Same criticisms as before.

- play 433, not 4231 | Fred or Matic in DM, Pogba and McT in CM. Playing Pogba in DM is stupid. Wasting our best player to accommodate lesser players.
- tell the wingers to stay wide when we attack | James does it naturally, noone else does
- teach the players how to pass and move | a lot of players are scared to ping the ball around. The CBs are scared to pass to the DMs/CMs for example. Young is the biggest culprit. Percentage balls down the line for days.
- work the wings | this is linked to the choice of formation. the full back, winger and cm should be able to penetrate the defensive line if they move the ball well enough (like city or liverpool)

We still struggle to breakdown teams when they are in their shape. This is a coaching issue.

Let's see if Ole can turn it around.

I'll give him the whole season. The last 5 or 10 games could be wonderful and all shall be forgotten lol

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:49 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by saayfooty
Same criticisms as before.

We still struggle to breakdown teams when they are in their shape. This is a coaching issue.

I'll give him the whole season. The last 5 or 10 games could be wonderful and all shall be forgotten lol
1) no its not. The players are £#%&!ing thick as mince and cant pressure any team cohesively as a unit. They cant then break teams down because they're too busy trying stupid tricks instead of passing and moving into space. Thick £#%&!ing @#%&!s

2) Thanks Ed.

Unread 01-10-2019, 09:59 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by saayfooty

No, this has been a prominent issue with the club since Moyes. LvG’s entire ethos is essentially built on the idea of breaking a team down, especially in that final third. It’s not the coaches at this point, it’s the players we have and the amount of square pegs we are forcing into round holes.

You’ve noted yourself that James is a natural winger, and he’s probably the first we’ve actually deployed in a few years. Sticking Lingard, Mata, Rashford and Martial on the wing has hindered us massively. Especially with the first two being rubbish now, Rashford not being able to hit any kind of form and Martial just flat out being better up top.

But, and I can’t stress this enough, we haven’t just forced players out of position; we actually have some really shit players who have survived far too long. That’s what stops us from breaking teams down, you can see the usual culprits brains going into overdrive when they have the ball and they almost always make the wrong decision from there on.

I’m sticking with Ole because the squad itself isn’t good enough, and the few signings he’s made have at least looked to solve some issues (him signing an actual winger won me over on him tbh).

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:06 AM
AnthonyMartial

Don't know why we're trying 4-2-3-1 when Lingard and mata are the no 10 options.

Would honestly draft in James Garner NOW and move to 5-33.

Hope Garner starts on Thursday.

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:09 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyMartial
Don't know why we're trying 4-2-3-1 when Lingard and mata are the no 10 options.

Would honestly draft in James Garner NOW and move to 5-33.

Hope Garner starts on Thursday.
You are only allowed 11 players you thick balloon not 39.

I'd love us to play that formation but, sadly, it's not allowed.

Sorry armers, forgot about the bad word, edited.

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:11 AM
AnthonyMartial

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
You are only allowed 11 players you thick @#%&! not 39.

I'd love us to play that formation but, sadly, it's not allowed.
Need to sure up the midfield.

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:14 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Need to sure up the midfield.
shore we do

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:57 AM
dunk

The space on the right hand side of our attack is sickening. Pereira was just looking at acres of space first half last night while tucking in to hold Jesse's hand. Rashford attacked it a couple of times, half-heartedly, but as soon as he did the middle was completely empty with James waving from the opposite touchline. You're creating £#%&! all when you're players are 40-50 yards apart all the time

Absolutely crying out for a genuine right sided attacked and a CM that wants to join the attack and get in the box on the end of things.

And Martial to be fit.

Unread 01-10-2019, 10:59 AM
puressence

wait till sancho arrives with maddison

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:07 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
wait till sancho arrives with maddison
They won't want to play in the Championship at this rate.

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:22 AM
Redrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The space on the right hand side of our attack is sickening.
Woah there, a right hand side attack? When did this happen?

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:27 AM
AnthonyMartial

The club should save some extra money by just telling the groundstaff not to cut the grass on that side of the pitch.

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:30 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
The club should save some extra money by just telling the groundstaff not to cut the grass on that side of the pitch.
When you coming back from injury?

Unread 01-10-2019, 11:32 AM
AnthonyMartial

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Haven't been told yet.

Unread 01-10-2019, 12:21 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
when you taking your mask off

Unread 01-10-2019, 12:41 PM
Patty_b

There was a noticeable difference in the attack as soon as Pereira came off and Rashford moved to the right. Rashford instantly looked more confident and useful in that position.

James on the left and Rashford on the right should be standard now when they are both fit, with Martial in the middle when he's fit, and Greenwood when he's not.

Lingard and Pereira should not start. Lingard off the bench I think I'd be OK with, not so much with Pereira until someone can understand what his best position is.

The difference between The Scottish Player and Pogba yesterday was massive. The Scottish Player looked stronger, faster and more switched on. He was constantly beating men going forward. I don't recall seeing Pogba beat one man yesterday. IMO the only thing Pogba offered was fewer individual mistakes than his previous outings.

Young

Unread 01-10-2019, 12:56 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
There was a noticeable difference in the attack as soon as Pereira came off and Rashford moved to the right. Rashford instantly looked more confident and useful in that position.

James on the left and Rashford on the right should be standard now when they are both fit, with Martial in the middle when he's fit, and Greenwood when he's not.

Lingard and Pereira should not start. Lingard off the bench I think I'd be OK with, not so much with Pereira until someone can understand what his best position is.

The difference between The Scottish Player and Pogba yesterday was massive. The Scottish Player looked stronger, faster and more switched on. He was constantly beating men going forward. I don't recall seeing Pogba beat one man yesterday. IMO the only thing Pogba offered was fewer individual mistakes than his previous outings.

Young
I only caught the last 15-20 minutes this morning and thought we must have been unlucky because from what I seen we were the better team and Rashford in particular looked like he was giving them problems. Obviously got brought back to earth when I read this thread