United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 07-02-2023, 11:31 PM
AK14

Unread 07-02-2023, 11:33 PM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Just let us have an owner that allows us to keep our own money and looks after the stadium FFS
Exactly! Clear the debt and United can pay for itself. Don't need a new car, just put in a new battery!

Can't wait to play at the Qatar Airways Stadium

Unread 07-02-2023, 11:43 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
They're different fellas apparently. Becks will be the face of all this nqat.
Sure they are. Five Qatari lads who have incredibly just won billions in the newly established state lottery. It's dodgy as £#%&! but football is £#%&!ed already so whatever.

Unread 08-02-2023, 12:25 AM
Denis Irwell

Hope it goes through to head off any other opportunistic approaches. Galling that these leeches have made a fortune to the detriment of the club for getting on 20 years but we’ve never needed a benefactor before and don’t now.

Shame about the incoming alcohol ban. Thoughts with Seamus, Pure etc

Unread 08-02-2023, 03:48 PM
dunk

Americans leading the way.

Bids inside the next 10 days

Unread 08-02-2023, 03:51 PM
Ethers

Bellers won’t like that. Very dismissive way to talk about the best country in the world.

Unread 08-02-2023, 03:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Bellers won’t like that. Very dismissive way to talk about the best country in the world.
Abu Dhabi’s allotment?

Do not like the American involvement.

Where’s ‘Big’ Jim?

Unread 08-02-2023, 04:26 PM
tatty

I don’t see how US buyers, or ‘Big Jim’ for that matter, are going to have the money to in any way compete with the oil clubs.

I’m not here to sit on my sanctimonious high horse, looking down my nose at the rich clubs, whilst they hoover up titles.

Like fans of City and Newcastle are going to give a shit about our virtuous ownership model…they’ll be pissing themselves laughing at our naivety.

Unread 08-02-2023, 04:49 PM
Ethers

Yeah I’m sure City will be full of chuckles from League 2 tbf.

Unread 08-02-2023, 04:57 PM
sweetleftfoot

US buyers fills me with dread.

Unread 08-02-2023, 05:17 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Abu Dhabi’s allotment?

https://twitter.com/utddistrict/stat...LQR2hmP0ygeTxA

Where’s ‘Big’ Jim?
a mystery Arabic investment group

Unread 08-02-2023, 05:18 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
US buyers fills me with dread.

Mancs not Yanks

Unread 08-02-2023, 05:47 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
a mystery Arabic investment group

Unread 08-02-2023, 06:03 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 08-02-2023, 06:15 PM
The Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Abu Dhabi’s allotment?

https://twitter.com/utddistrict/stat...LQR2hmP0ygeTxA

Where’s ‘Big’ Jim?
Jim wanted it on the cheap.

Unread 08-02-2023, 07:25 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Butcher
Jim wanted it on the cheap.
Jim wanted it for what it's currently worth, lumbered with debt and a decaying stadium.

Unread 08-02-2023, 07:35 PM
Sparky***

I really don't want another group of £#%&!ing yanks.

Unread 08-02-2023, 08:09 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I don’t see how US buyers, or ‘Big Jim’ for that matter, are going to have the money to in any way compete with the oil clubs.

I’m not here to sit on my sanctimonious high horse, looking down my nose at the rich clubs, whilst they hoover up titles.

Like fans of City and Newcastle are going to give a shit about our virtuous ownership model…they’ll be pissing themselves laughing at our naivety.
Because being owned by an oil state isn’t the only way to achieve success. Presume you don’t follow the champions league? Or can look at even the current league table. We’re not far off city with the biggest debt of any sports club in the world.

We would be fine if we had a debt free structure then re-invested the majority of our huge revenues into the success of the club, not to interest on loans and dividends to the glazers.

Unread 08-02-2023, 11:52 PM
Denis Irwell

Whatever… we don’t have a choice who takes over. This £#%&!ing disease of an ownership will decide that, according to what nets them the biggest catch.

They’ll have netted a roughly 7B all up, as a reward for £#%&!ing us over for nearly 20 years

Unread 09-02-2023, 12:53 AM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Whatever… we don’t have a choice who takes over. This £#%&!ing disease of an ownership will decide that, according to what nets them the biggest catch.

They’ll have netted a roughly 7B all up, as a reward for £#%&!ing us over for nearly 20 years
Where`s that Reacher @#%&! when you need him!