United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-04-2012, 09:27 AM
dunk

Most goals we've ever conceded at OT in a PL season :shakehead:

Vidic has been a huge miss, I can't help but think that Smalling missing so much football has been a fair bit of a blow as well tbh. Rio looks so immobile at times it's ridiculous.

I have no idea what Jones is anymore, I know he isn't a midfielder, but I'm not sure he's a defender either

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:25 AM
The Return of JC

There's question marks over each position. Rio plays well in patches...Evans is Evans...Evra well and truly has the curtains drawn now....De Gea is new....Rafael goes wandering off......City can bang on about where they'd be if they had Tevez all season, but we would not have conceded those last two goals yesterday with Vidic at the back. Smalling has been a big miss too.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:26 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Vidic has been a huge miss, I can't help but think that Smalling missing so much football has been a fair bit of a blow as well tbh. Rio looks so immobile at times it's ridiculous.

I have no idea what Jones is anymore, I know he isn't a midfielder, but I'm not sure he's a defender either
George Weahs white cousin.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:31 AM
The Return of JC

Being away on Monday may suit us. We've been better away from home than at home this season.

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
I reckon we should swap him for O'Shea

I'm not kidding either

Unread 23-04-2012, 10:48 AM
The Return of JC

Jones getting far too much stick here. He's 19, it's his first season. It's not uncommon for kids that age to flag as the season wears on. He's played numerous positions (a lot of them he shouldn't have!), he's been flogged to death, he's had injuries. The lad doesn't deserve this kind of stick.

Unread 23-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Jones getting far too much stick here. He's 19, it's his first season. It's not uncommon for kids that age to flag as the season wears on. He's played numerous positions (a lot of them he shouldn't have!), he's been flogged to death, he's had injuries. The lad doesn't deserve this kind of stick.
He's absolutely £#%&!ed, which is just one of many reasons it was insane to bring him on yesterday.

Unread 23-04-2012, 11:10 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He's absolutely £#%&!ed, which is just one of many reasons it was insane to bring him on yesterday.
I posted on here about 4 weeks ago that I didn't want to see him near a football pitch again, since then he has started at Wigan and made his cameo yesterday, and he was £#%&!ing awful both times. Said the same about Hernandez as well :shakehead: Send them both on holiday now ffs.

Unread 23-04-2012, 11:11 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It was one of the most bizarre subsititutions this season. Was he ready to come on at 4-3? Slightly more understandable if he was, but even when it went to 4-4, he should have changed his mind.

Unread 23-04-2012, 11:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
It was one of the most bizarre subsititutions this season. Was he ready to come on at 4-3? Slightly more understandable if he was, but even when it went to 4-4, he should have changed his mind.
It was Scholes who failed to track Pienaar for the 4th, his legs had gone. I got the impression Fergie decided to give him the hook as the 4th went in. £#%&!ing ludicrous management.

Unread 23-04-2012, 11:16 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
It was Scholes who failed to track Pienaar for the 4th, his legs had gone. I got the impression Fergie decided to give him the hook as the 4th went in. £#%&!ing ludicrous management.
Cutting his nose off...

Unread 23-04-2012, 02:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Being away on Monday may suit us. We've been better away from home than at home this season.
I wonder if that is anything to do with our support? Was like a morgue for much of yesterday too, it would appear......

Unread 23-04-2012, 03:16 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I wonder if that is anything to do with our support? Was like a morgue for much of yesterday too, it would appear......
There was a lot of anxiety at the end. Can't help.

Unread 23-04-2012, 03:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
There was a lot of anxiety at the end. Can't help.
I was thinking of the earlier parts of the game. Apart from when we actually scored, not brilliant.

Unread 23-04-2012, 03:19 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I was thinking of the earlier parts of the game. Apart from when we actually scored, not brilliant.
Yeah, at the beginning too. So the beginning and the end. Wasn't great in the middle either, but apart from that, no complaints

Unread 23-04-2012, 03:23 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
he's been flogged to death, he's had injuries.
He's played 36 games so far this season, either starting or coming on as a sub. That's hardly being 'flogged'.

Unread 23-04-2012, 05:55 PM
taff

Quote:
the most since 1978/79 apparently. £#%&!ing insane.

Unread 23-04-2012, 06:02 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
He's played 36 games so far this season, either starting or coming on as a sub. That's hardly being 'flogged'.
It's still a lot for a kid. Not so much the number of games, but some of the high profile games he's played and job he's been asked to do. Plunged in to the midfield at Anfield, for example. He's played more than most would have expected and it's starting to show. It's common, understandable and doesn't mean he's suddenly shit.

Unread 23-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
:shakehead:

you will be eating your words re jones. nqat.

everyone adored him on here up until christmas. now he is a complete waste of space

sad to see top reds like watcher rounding on a young lad after a dip in form. he was outstanding for the first half of the season. now he supposedly can't kick a ball and you even have some £#%&!wits trying to blame him for the draw yesterday

you all moan about united fans and their players being a bunch of fannys etc but you want to listen to some of yourselves. £#%&!ing surrendering to £#%&!ing manchester £#%&!ing city. £#%&! the stockport @#%&!s. get a £#%&!ing grip.

we are all extremely disappointed but imagine if this actually £#%&!ing happens. that's when it's the time to write every £#%&!er off. got to keep the faith despite the fact most of our current lot are spineless useless bastards

Unread 23-04-2012, 06:28 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Jones barely looks able to play football at the moment. He looks a mess and completely lost at times. I don't blame him though, I blame Fergie's £#%&!wittery in playing him in a different position practically every game. It's ridiculous that a 19 year old has been forced to play across the back four and a couple of different midfield roles in his debut season. Putting him on for Scholes at 4-4 and then expecting him to start our attacks ffs, what a nonsense :shakehead:
Completely agree. Absolutely £#%&!ing ludicrous management.
Closed Thread