Beckenbauer is a @#%&!!

Unread 26-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Switching Off

Default Re: The World Cup

£#%&! franz innit

Unread 02-07-2010, 05:28 PM
red in cumbria

Meanwhile the fall out from the French meltdown continues........

Thuram has apparently demanded Paddy be banned for life from the national side

Unread 02-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons

'yep...yeah...mm-hmm'

Unread 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Meanwhile the fall out from the French meltdown continues........

Thuram has apparently demanded Paddy be banned for life from the national side
Excellent news. Rooney next please.

Unread 02-07-2010, 06:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
What the £#%&! is that about?

Unread 02-07-2010, 06:24 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Not going well for most of the players in this.
And it continues.

It even got Federer.

Unread 02-07-2010, 06:32 PM
plopborsky

£#%&!ing great love eboue

Unread 02-07-2010, 06:49 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
wtf?

Unread 18-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Switching Off

Talking Re: The World Cup

Westwood's take.

Quote:
I would say Spain were the favourites and they definitely deserved to win it.

The difference with Spain was that their big players played well.

One of the things to really come out of the World Cup was all the big players from the other teams were so sub-standard with their play.

While the underdog teams with little expectation stepped up so much, the big players didn't.

Spain were a team and their good players played well.

Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Didier Drogba and Lionel Messi. All those guys. None of them seemed to play well.

It even goes to say that the player of the tournament was Diego Forlan of Uruguay. Who would have expected it?

I think the final was interesting in the sense that Holland played so dirty.

I think the English ref, Howard Webb, did a brilliant job not to send anyone off early on as that would've made the game so one-sided.

So I really respect him for not sending people off. It would have been a horrible mess otherwise.

He did brilliant there and kept control by reeling it in.

It was interesting that a European team, not one from South America, played so dirty on the stage of the biggest game in the world. It was surprising.

Webb did a great job. If he'd sent somebody off, the game would've been 10 against 11 and it wouldn't have been a final. I think he did well to let it go. He was booking people but it's not like there was a free-for-all out there.

He was doing his best to nip it in the bud and, if he'd have sent someone off, it wouldn't have been a good game of football at all.

I also think as well that the final just reflected the tournament. It was pretty boring and uninspired. Not a lot happened but, when it does happen, it's great. Until then, you look at the first half and it was just dreadful football.

It's amazing that Holland played that dirty. Not hard, just dirty.

It definitely looked like a strategy. Shut them down very physically. It didn't look a casual thing like this team is soft next to us. It looked like they said we need to shut them down and teach them a lesson.

So it was a deserved goal.

I don't like watching penalty shoot-outs as they're so heartbreaking anyway.

The underdog team have usually played so well to get there and they always seem to lose. It shows how super-unfair they are.

I think extra-time then extra-time again personally. It should go on and on until the bitter end.

It's just like you can't have penalties in the World Cup. If we have no score, keep going until we get a goal.

That's my attitude. The biggest heartbreak is when the team going through feels super-unfair on those getting knocked out.

I think if England's players had stepped up, we could have done it and believed in the dream.

That's the bottom line.

Apart from Spain, none of the great players played great and I think that's all to do with their mooney and their careers - they're not doing it for their country.
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spor...WARD-WEBB.html
Closed Thread