United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 03-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default Crash on the M62

Not often you see car crashes reported on local news, never mind national as everyone's so far up the car manufacturer's and fuel industry's arses

both cars were totalled, the Punto in absolute bits.

how the f*** did the woman get out of that with just a few busted ribs and a broken arm?

drink driving claims 2 more lives on England's roads by all accounts

Unread 03-08-2008, 11:13 PM
mr_tool

A dad & son wasn't it who died? Very sad.

My brother mentioned it earlier as he'd been driving past aroun 6.30am, said both cars were in bits everywhere.

Unread 03-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_tool

My brother mentioned it earlier as he'd been driving past aroun 6.30am, said both cars were in bits everywhere.
yeah

was surprised to see it covered on ITN

almost caused a crash myself the other day from slightly misjudging a gap at high speed

got to stop driving like that

Unread 03-08-2008, 11:27 PM
mr_tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yeah

was surprised to see it covered on ITN

almost caused a crash myself the other day from slightly misjudging a gap at high speed

got to stop driving like that
I just had a quick look on teletext earlier as i didn't stay long, they had been seen speeding earlier i think.

What's the point in driving fast and wrecklessly?

Years ago someone told me they 'loved rally', and now that's a constant worry for me.

Unread 04-08-2008, 08:09 AM
Mr_Ed

I've started travelling the M6 and M62 recently for one reason or another (mainly the poontang) and I hate it. I'd like to think I'm a reasonable driver and leave plenty of gaps and the like but some of the things people attempt on the motorways is sheer lunacy.

Unread 04-08-2008, 08:23 AM
Pewster

I went past it at about 9.30 a.m., it looked a right mess, that Punto was smashed to bits

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:12 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_tool

the motorway was still shut there at 3pm. the audi was on the verge with the front end smashed in, but the driver survived didn't he? surprised anyone got out of the punto it was f***ed.

a traffic policeman told me once that audi's were the best cars for retaining their structural integrity in bad smashes, and that if he had to pick a car to increase his chances of survival an audi would be top of the list.

strange to think that something like your choice of car could be the difference between whether you see your family again or not in the event that some complete dick who thinks he's a f***ing racing driver careers into you at 100mph.

Last edited by irk; 04-08-2008 at 09:15 AM.

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:15 AM
Bunker Buster

I drive the M62 every Friday and Monday.......

Where abouts was it?

there are some very fast parts of the 62 and never any coppers.

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:16 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I drive the M62 every Friday and Monday.......

Where abouts was it?

there are some very fast parts of the 62 and never any coppers.
just past birch services. not a particularly dangerous part of it in my opinion. certainly not as bad as the drop from down off rishworth moor.

Unread 04-08-2008, 09:18 AM
Zorg

People's stupidity on the roads is a constant source of amazement to me. Every single day you see people literally risking numerous lives just to arrive at their destination a couple of minutes earlier. It defies belief.
Closed Thread