United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:33 PM
dunk

Thumbs up Darren Fletcher

Excellent again (that miss at the end of the first half aside).

Fast becoming a fantastic midfield player, with a bit of everything.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Ed Sullivan

Not sure I'd say 'fast becoming'

It's taken him some time to play like he is now and we went through alot of very average games and some even worse.

Good to see him playing confidently now though, I agree.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Not sure I'd say 'fast becoming'

It's taken him some time to play like he is now and we went through alot of very average games and some even worse.

Good to see him playing confidently now though, I agree.
18 months ago, the common consensus was that he was shite and should be nowhere near a United shirt, he's almost 1st team now, that's fast. Maybe a slow burner overall, but pretty quick improvement in recent times.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:38 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Excellent again (that miss at the end of the first half aside).

Fast becoming a fantastic midfield player, with a bit of everything.
get a grip, he was average tonight

his passing his very average.

Anderson impressed me, his fitness has definately improved

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:39 PM
Ether

Was alright tonight, but Anderson was far better

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:40 PM
poppy

Excellent once again tonight. Just lacks a bit of pace and power to be really top notch but still a very good player.

Nice to see him playing so well.

dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
get a grip, he was average tonight

his passing his very average.

Anderson impressed me, his fitness has definately improved
:shakehead:

Ginners

the combination of fletcher and anderson was superb, and ronny and nani changing wings worked very well, aside from a few greedy moments nani was possibly my MOTM

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:42 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
:shakehead:
not a Fletcher hater, just a realist. He has improved a lot though

His passing isn't crisp, so often he over or undercuts it.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:44 PM
borsuk

very young lad, still, playing in possibly the most demanding position in the team - a position that demands very good tactical awareness and decision-making skills which usually come with experience.

a first-team regular at his age in central midfield for the best club in the world - that's pretty fast development. he's had to do most of his development in front of us all, for various reasons, and so we've seen his mistakes and ineffective games. still, not many nail down a place at his age in that position.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
very young lad, still, playing in possibly the most demanding position in the team - a position that demands very good tactical awareness and decision-making skills which usually come with experience.

a first-team regular at his age in central midfield for the best club in the world - that's pretty fast development. he's had to do most of his development in front of us all, for various reasons, and so we've seen his mistakes and ineffective games. still, not many nail down a place at his age in that position.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Ether

I think calling him a first team regular, nailing down a place etc is going a bit over the top. If all our midfield was fit he would very rarely start 2 games in a row.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Tiberian

On form he is number one choice in midfield this season. Of course we have seen veyr little of hargreaves and Carrick due to various injuries but Fletcher is playing very well. Anderson started slowly tonight, but it is good to see him lasting full matches now, his stamina has been an issue in the past, hopefully that is where it will stay.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:54 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
I think calling him a first team regular, nailing down a place etc is going a bit over the top. If all our midfield was fit he would very rarely start 2 games in a row.
He's fifth choice for me, he's done well this season but still don't think he played that well tonight.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Bral

Put it this way, I'm no longer upset when I see him in the starting line up.

Unread 21-10-2008, 09:58 PM
Stubbsy

Fletcher > Anderson

Unread 21-10-2008, 10:04 PM
iamwaiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
Put it this way, I'm no longer upset when I see him in the starting line up.
Ain't that the truth-possibly we're beginning to see the player Ferguson obviously always thought he was.

Unread 21-10-2008, 10:13 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

4-4-£#%&!ing-2.

Unread 21-10-2008, 10:14 PM
Crumps

Turning into a decent enough player but he's still better without the ball than with it and can be a bit of a shit house. Awful miss too.

Unread 21-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Kim Jong-il

Missed a couple of golden opportunities to score tonight and £#%&!ed up a few passes. Normally I rate the lad but it wasn't his best performance tonight.
Closed Thread