United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:25 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Yeah I don’t get it.

Kids will love it and be attempting (and failing) over the next couple of weekends.

The over hit through ball that went out for a goal kick made it a bit but the constant noise about it is £#%&!ing way OTT.

cos united

our own fans banging on about it is a bit weird though. livened up the crowd at least

strange thing to pick up on in the grand scheme of the game

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:33 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Yeah I don’t get it.

Kids will love it and be attempting (and failing) over the next couple of weekends.

The over hit through ball that went out for a goal kick made it a bit but the constant noise about it is £#%&!ing way OTT.
Kids?

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:34 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Kids?

No chance I’ll be attempting it

I’d blow my knee out or break an ankle nqat.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:35 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
I get what you’re saying.

They were utter shit but how many times over the last few years have we made shit like this look decent and struggle to put them away. We dominated the game without really getting out of second gear and a young kid was given a run out and looked pretty f***ing good.

People just like to moan about a thing and everything.
My point exactly, there's loads of shit clubs in the premiership that we used to make look good or couldn't score against and utd made them look shit last night, looking to me like we've turned a corner.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:38 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
My point exactly, there's loads of shit clubs in the premiership that we used to make look good or couldn't score against and utd made them look shit last night, looking to me like we've turned a corner.
Sound a bit mad, but Beeky could be an important player in this respect. He's all about breaking the lines and flicks and 1-2's in and around the box.

Beeky could be huge in breaking down walls of shit@#%&!s we'll inevitably face as we get more dominant.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:43 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Sound a bit mad, but Beeky could be an important player in this respect. He's all about breaking the lines and flicks and 1-2's in and around the box.

Beeky could be huge in breaking down walls of shitc***s we'll inevitably face as we get more dominant.
We need to move the ball quicker. Last night (first half especially), people were taking too many touches. We also need to get better at switching the ball from one flank to the other.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:46 AM
Zorg

Quote:

No chance I’ll be attempting it

I’d blow my knee out or break an ankle nqat.
Me too actually.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:48 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
We need to move the ball quicker. Last night (first half especially), people were taking too many touches. We also need to get better at switching the ball from one flank to the other.
Do you not think we were taking it a bit easy on purpose? There wasn't much point breaking our balls with West Ham at the weekend and Sociedad next week.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:49 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch;5840513[B
]Do you not think we were taking it a bit easy on purpose? [/b]There wasn't much point breaking our balls with West Ham at the weekend and Sociedad next week.
No, it has been a theme for about 7 years

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:50 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch

Beeky could be huge in breaking down walls of shitc***s we'll inevitably face as we get more dominant.
Was looking like he was getting back on his toes last night The likes of him Bruno and Erickson can open up anyone and once Rashers starts hitting 1 outta 3 or maybe even 2, that's a great team.

Unread 28-10-2022, 09:51 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus
he popped up on my timeline the other week, what a needy tw*t
had to block the @#%&! .. Ffs he payed some minutes on tour and that @#%&! was making him out to be the next zidane ... Hes not your kid you @#%&!

Unread 28-10-2022, 10:00 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Genuinely think there is a difference, there did seem to be a bit of economy of effort last night, but purposeful, rather than just being a shower of shit@#%&!s.

Unread 28-10-2022, 10:03 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Genuinely think there is a difference, there did seem to be a bit of economy of effort last night, but purposeful, rather than just being a shower of shitc***s.
I'm not debating whether we are improving, I think that is clearly evident.

My point was we need to improve both the aspects I listed if we are to have more success against teams who sit deep.

Unread 28-10-2022, 10:16 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
I'm not debating whether we are improving, I think that is clearly evident.

My point was we need to improve both the aspects I listed if we are to have more success against teams who sit deep.
Hopefully Rashers will find his scoring boots and becomes prolific, he certainly has the movement IMHO. One of the things I don't like about the modern game is 11 athletes just sitting back and trying not to loose, even when they are at home.

Unread 28-10-2022, 10:21 AM
Jethro

Biggest takeaway from last night was how cool Lindelof was at times. Got stuck in which is rare.

Unread 28-10-2022, 10:26 AM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
cos united

our own fans banging on about it is a bit weird though. livened up the crowd at least

strange thing to pick up on in the grand scheme of the game
A bit of balance:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b2212482.html

Quote:

Antony’s controversial circus trick was the act of a true Manchester United winger

Antony was hooked just seven minutes after his double ‘spin skill’ - but there was a recent time when acts of swagger by the Old Trafford touchline were revered
Also
Quote:
As for Antony’s trick itself, he didn’t have a problem with it on one proviso. “As long as it's functional,” he insisted. “I demand more from him - more runs behind, more often in the box and more playing in the pocket. When there is a trick like that, it's nice as long as it's functional. If you're not losing the ball then it's OK but if it's a trick [for the sake of] a trick then I will correct him.” So, was the trick functional?

It did not exactly relieve any pressure. The only Sheriff player nearby stood off him, watched and admired. The subsequent pass was the right idea but had too much weight on it. Antony ultimately lost the ball - exactly what Ten Hag said not to do - and a spell of promising possession came to nothing. Yet watch the clip closely and you notice that the pass is for Casemiro, who has made a blindside run into the box, losing a marker who is too caught up in what Antony is doing. In that way, it worked.

Unread 28-10-2022, 10:29 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Biggest takeaway from last night was how cool Lindelof was at times. Got stuck in which is rare.
And they weren't clowns he was up against, he looked the part, timing, aggression, distribution. Like watching Rio

Unread 28-10-2022, 10:33 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
And they weren't clowns he was up against, he looked the part, timing, aggression, distribution. Like watching Rio

Unread 28-10-2022, 10:40 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Maybe a bit too far, but he was a lot better than usual and a couple of them were established internationals and he didn't look troubled.

Unread 28-10-2022, 10:40 AM
Stickman

Quote: